• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ testing

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Can I ask you ENFJ's why you test people?

Please give some examples.

Do you only test people that you don't know well?

If you know someone fairly deeply, do you not feel the need to test them?

Do you actually think it is morally OK to do that to people? I find it offensive.

Is there only one correct response to the test, or are you fine with several conclusions?

I have never noticed the ENFJ's I know testing someone, but maybe I was an unknowing participatant. I do know one possible ENFJ or ENTJ, however, who actually said during an interview that he was testing someone and then told the person that he failed the test. That seems very arrogant to me.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
This post is a test.

How you chose to answer or not answer will determine whether or not you are allowed to know why we test people.

Please commence.

cranez

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Can I ask you ENFJ's why you test people?

Please give some examples.

Test people? I don't think we do this intentionally. In the back of our minds we are genuinely curious about people. There is no motive behind it other than getting to know someone (if they'll be a fit for our social circle or to get a feel of how to keep things at least peaceful in our future interactions together) and we aren't looking for particular answers. We rather 'gather information' about people so that we can adapt. We are social chameleons, because we are intuits!

An example? I love shocking people just to see their reaction. To see how they'll react. I suppose you could call this more of a social experiment than an actual test. Shock factor is BIG for me - how someone will react is always a surprise. This also lets me know if they would get along with me because chances are if they take to it badly we probably won't get along because I'll continue to do the same thing - but I'll still apologize profusely even if I think they need to loosen some bolts.

It's not like I'm putting you up against the panel that is Extrovert, Intuit, Feeler and Judger. Nah, I'm just curious about you. What good comes from tests?

Do you only test people that you don't know well?

No, I 'experiment' on everyone. Old friends and new friends. I actually experiment more with people I know best. Why? Because I always want to learn more! I make friends and those who are willing to share information on themselves - they become my closest friends. If I feel the information they've given me is genuine, I will trust them and give them the same in return - trust.

If you know someone fairly deeply, do you not feel the need to test them?

My answer above pretty much outlines my answer to this question. :)

Do you actually think it is morally OK to do that to people? I find it offensive.

It isn't morally okay to be genuinely interested in people around you? To be addicted to human interaction? Finding out what makes people tick? Not sure how that's offensive. I think more people should indulge in a deeper form of human interaction - I think we're too distant. Information is information, what we chose to do with it is what makes the difference and ENFJs will ALWAYS put information they collect to good use. Most of the time.

Is there only one correct response to the test, or are you fine with several conclusions?

We are probably one of the most empathetic types out there. We don't expect anything other than the unexpected. We are fine with several conclusions, why? Because we acknowledge that the people we interact with are HUMAN and no one is perfect. Not even us. ;D

I have never noticed the ENFJ's I know testing someone, but maybe I was an unknowing participant. I do know one possible ENFJ or ENTJ, however, who actually said during an interview that he was testing someone and then told the person that he failed the test. That seems very arrogant to me.

He was probably joking. And if he wasn't, he certainly was not an ENFJ. I am leaning more towards him being an ENTJ than an ENFJ. It's not our nature to call someone out and make them feel bad. Just not us...we would never want to put someone in a position that they didn't deserve to be in, similarly that *we* ourselves would not want to be in. I have very limited information on what you and your friend discussed and how serious he was about telling you that. But that doesn't sound very ENFJ like.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I lay boobie traps on first dates, but I am trying not to...darn it's hard not to though! I ask questions, where the "right" response would be in the negative. However on first dates, people generally try to be agreeable, so if someone answers in the positive or ambiguously, than either they have a quality I don't like or are a socially appropriate phony...or so the theory goes.

Example:
Me: Gee your mom sounds great. Would you like to find a woman like your mother?
Him: My mom is the best...I would love to find someone just like her.
*A cloud of dust appears where I once sat*

I've probably ruled some good people out doing that kind of thing, but I have also probably avoided some bad news. I don't test people I am close to. Once I am in, I'm in.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lilly, sounds like you have suffered an affront. What did they do to you? Exactly?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Actually, no, I haven't ever been on the bad end of this. It's just that I normally love ENFJ's and I can't believe that they do stuff like this. I guess I wonder if I have been tested and didn't know. It just seems wrong to mess with people.

cranez

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Actually, no, I haven't ever been on the bad end of this. It's just that I normally love ENFJ's and I can't believe that they do stuff like this. I guess I wonder if I have been tested and didn't know. It just seems wrong to mess with people.

It's natural to be curious about other people. Testing seems like such a black and white way to put it. I don't see what the issue is if there was no harm done? :shrug: What do you mean mess with people?

I don't see how your "ENFJ" friend (though I don't think he is an ENFJ) messed with someone. He was being straight forward. And an interview seems like the place where someone would need to be tested...am I wrong? The whole point of an interview is to test someone and their ability to see if they are intellectually and culturally a fit. Both interviewer and interviewee should be assessing each other.

Seems like an overreaction - especially if you weren't even involved.