• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Dear INFJ Gentlemen, you are NOT ESTPs... So quit acting like it!

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I must be the exception to that rule.

Definite possibility. Or maybe you havent been tested in life enough to see the thin veneer of your empathy shrink away and the real you emerge to take what you feel is rightfully yours only to recoil in horror later and wonder, how did I do that, was that really me? Where did that come from, all the people I hurt, how could I do that?

The more that happened to me, the more I knew my "gentleman like" nature was just a facade I use to hide some pretty vicious shit going on inside. Then again I could be the exception, I did live a pretty abusive and fucked up life.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah we all know how vicious you are Billy.

And that's why some of us think you're INTJ with high Fi instead of INFJ.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah we all know how vicious you are Billy.

And that's why some of us think you're INTJ with high Fi instead of INFJ.

Well when you say some of us you should speak for yourself, also note, that you dont know me... and you have been literally like 6 different MBTIs since I 1st encountered you on here, so.. ya know.... you shouldn't be so loud about your proclamations.

S

Sniffles

Everybody has their dark sides Billy.

Well when you say some of us you should speak for yourself, also note, that you dont know me... and you have been literally like 6 different MBTIs since I 1st encountered you on here, so.. ya know.... you shouldn't be so loud about your proclamations.

She insists I'm ISFJ as well.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I'm not sure why people take such offense to the fact that I've become more educated over time and changed my type as I learned more about Jungian function theory instead of stubbornly clinging to one type, insisting that I'm that type and not knowing wtf I'm talking about.

There are others that think you seem more Te/Fi than Fe/Ti, not just moi. Some others who are very respected for their Jungian knowledge.

And me and that person were also right about a supposed ISFJ who is ISTJ.

But be INFJ if you want. You're right, I don't know you. I just said that's WHY we think it, Billy.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Everybody has their dark sides Billy.

Of course they do, but how much practice that dark side gets is what I was getting at... prolonged exposure to it is bound to affect regular conscious mind, I wouldn't say warp it but definitely challenge ideals and value systems enough maybe to boost usage of 1 function over the other, I think thats how negative loops get started occasionally.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not sure why people take such offense to the fact that I've become more educated over time and changed my type as I learned more about Jungian function theory instead of stubbornly clinging to one type, insisting that I'm that type and not knowing wtf I'm talking about.

There are others that think you seem more Te/Fi than Fe/Ti, not just moi. Some others who are very respected for their Jungian knowledge.

And me and that person were also right about a supposed ISFJ who is ISTJ.

But be INFJ if you want. You're right, I don't know you. I just said that's WHY we think it, Billy.

I just find it incredible that a view you held back then based on obviously "faulty" data and misunderstood theory (since you learned since then) is somehow right, especially about someone you know almost nothing about, and yet your type keeps changing based ont he tides... You sure your opinion of me is based in theory and not just your usual stubborn nature and refusal to be wrong? Or does that only apply to when you feel it should?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just find it incredible that a view you held back then based on obviously "faulty" data and misunderstood theory (since you learned since then) is somehow right, especially about someone you know almost nothing about, and yet your type keeps changing based ont he tides... You sure your opinion of me is based in theory and not just your usual stubborn nature and refusal to be wrong? Or does that only apply to when you feel it should?

If I had a stubborn nature and refused to be wrong, I'd type myself as an INFJ. But because I have the capacity to learn, I know how absurd that is.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
If I had a stubborn nature and refused to be wrong, I'd type myself as an INFJ. But because I have the capacity to learn, I know how absurd that is.

If I recall you did a stint as an INFJ, and ENFP, and INFP, and ISFP...

And you didnt even address the point I was making...

You said you learned since then, enough to go through 4 or 5 different types for yourself, and who knows YOU better then YOU... so if you could be THAT wrong about yourself, why hold on to a view for someone you dont know at all? If not for being stubborn then what? How can you be so sure, so right in your mind about someone else when you cant even be sure for yourself? If you have learned form your mistakes, then you would be able to at least admit that you could be and most likely are wrong about me based on any number of criteria, but you simply wont because you refuse to lose face, its absurd that you can even cling to what you're saying and still rehash the same mantra anytime someone mentions that you have been consistently wrong both in the theory and applying it to the 1 subject you know the most about. Can you at least admit how fuckin nuts that sounds?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMFG, I am a scary coaster junkie, but no one will go with me cause I wear them out. Do you live near me? Lez go right nau!!!! /Se-indulgence of choice

It's too bad that you live in Texas :D

Yes, this sounds like my INFJ. You'd never mistake him for an ESTP, but his hobbies come off as "wannabe SP".
We went to Magic Mountain & he was sooo excited by every roller coaster, especially as each was more extreme than the next. After about two, they all felt the same to me and I was bored... He had this touch of "SP going after physical experiences" attitude, but his over all demeanor was still INFJ. This is very much a stress relief for him also. I do "S stuff" for stress relief also, but for me it's familiar comforts, old favorites, relaxing experiences (very Si I suppose).

I would ride almost every single roller-coaster with him (time permitting.) Which reminds me, if LA wasn't so far, I would want to ride the refurbished Superman.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I recall you did a stint as an INFJ, and ENFP, and INFP, and ISFP...

And you didnt even address the point I was making...

You said you learned since then, enough to go through 4 or 5 different types for yourself, and who knows YOU better then YOU... so if you could be THAT wrong about yourself, why hold on to a view for someone you dont know at all? If not for being stubborn then what? How can you be so sure, so right in your mind about someone else when you cant even be sure for yourself? If you have learned form your mistakes, then you would be able to at least admit that you could be and most likely are wrong about me based on any number of criteria, but you simply wont because you refuse to lose face, its absurd that you can even cling to what you're saying and still rehash the same mantra anytime someone mentions that you have been consistently wrong both in the theory and applying it to the 1 subject you know the most about. Can you at least admit how fuckin nuts that sounds?

No it's not about losing face. It's about how much I'm sure I know the difference between Fe and Fi when I see it, which is why it's absurd for me to be any FJ type, as well as any TP type since I'm horrible at Ti.

I had an arduous task differentiating between the perceiving functions, particularly Se and Ne, for obvious reasons.

There's nothing nuts about learning and growing. What is nuts is people think you don't know what you're talking about now just because you didn't a year ago.

I admitted I don't know you, what else do you want?

I doubt you know the first thing about function theory. Often people who call me out like this don't.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
And plenty others insist otherwise, especially those who've interacted with me more closely. Imagine that?

I don't know why you take it offensively. I think you're extremely intelligent, your head for facts and linear thought is amazing, which is why I think you have Si/Fe/Ti.

I love ISFJs I'm not cutting you down.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
No it's not about losing face. It's about how much I'm sure I know the difference between Fe and Fi when I see it, which is why it's absurd for me to be any FJ type, as well as any TP type since I'm horrible at Ti.

I had an arduous task differentiating between the perceiving functions, particularly Se and Ne, for obvious reasons.

There's nothing nuts about learning and growing. What is nuts is people think you don't know what you're talking about now just because you didn't a year ago.

I admitted I don't know you, what else do you want?

I doubt you know the first thing about function theory. Often people who call me out like this don't.

You admit you dont know me...
You admit you were wrong about yourself (5 times to now)
You admit you have learned since then...
and yet you use the same arguments, the same criteria, the same false pretenses.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it stands to reason its probably a friggin duck.

You say you know the difference between Fi and Fe and yet you were an INFP and an INFJ...

and at NO TIME did any of your arguments ever change. When clearly they should have based on the fact that you seem to have had opposing ideas on what you thought those things were.

Its about saving face and being unable to accept your shame in being wrong or admitting that you were wrong. (credit due to: anonymous)

I would like you to admit that you have a very good chance of being completely wrong about me, especially since your "beliefs" have changes so erratically over the last year or two that I have encountered you.

S

Sniffles

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=8315]Billy[/MENTION] I'm not sure what you're making up here. I really think you're an Fi rather than an Fe type, it's that simple. It's not about saving face. I REALLY DO NOT THINK YOU HAVE Fe.

But as I admitted, I do not know you, so I'm not sure why my opinion even riles you up this much. Your obsessive need for consistency is bizarre to me. You don't seem capable of accepting change?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You say you know the difference between Fi and Fe and yet you were an INFP and an INFJ.

Yes I do know the difference between Fi and Fe very solidly.

You know you once didn't know how to talk, read, or do math, but you learned.

Similar concept applies here. That was a long time ago bro. That is the past.

It's like saying "well a year ago you hadn't taken French 305" and then I did, passed with an A, then suddenly I know more about French linguistics.

I'm not sure what you don't understand.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would ride almost every single roller-coaster with him (time permitting.) Which reminds me, if LA wasn't so far, I would want to ride the refurbished Superman.

I'm a good girlfriend, so I rode every ride with him :). And it's not that I didn't have fun, but after awhile it was not very stimulating to me. I just felt like I was being jolted around in slightly different ways....

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=8315]Billy[/MENTION] I'm not sure what you're making up here. I really think you're an Fi rather than an Fe type, it's that simple. It's not about saving face. I REALLY DO NOT THINK YOU HAVE Fe.

But as I admitted, I do not know you, so I'm not sure why my opinion even riles you up this much. Your obsessive need for consistency is bizarre to me. You don't seem capable of accepting change?

Well I would think its pretty obvious, I am tired of your following me around even a YEAR LATER telling me I am an INTJ, if I was an INTJ I would demonstrate considerably more Te then I do. I have a need for consistency because I am a Ni/Ti user Duh? You do not think I demonstrate Fe, you are wrong... you base it on my persona here on this forum, as I have told you a dozen times because I dont play the spring lamb here and cater to everyones fucking woe to me nonsense doesn't mean I am not A Fe user in the real world. You could say you note a demonstrable lack of Se here as well because I am not bouncing a basketball or skiing down a mountain slope, my E functions dont come across online my I ones DO. When I say something YOU consider rude here I dont have to feel the twinge of guilt because there is no face to look at and because most of the time people are full of shit here ANYWAY.

You base your Fi vs Fe thing on me based on basic stubborn BULLSHIT and a NEED to save face. Period. You are not objective in the least bit, you offer no evidence for you ideas and beliefs you just believe them because thats what you feel, its stupid, and you cant run around touting how great you are at cognitive function theory based on how you FEEL about things.

You have admitted now to being wrong and logically inconsistent about anything that would give you opinion any form of validation... and yet you STILL follow me and from what I see other people around post stalking them apparently well maybe not stalking, but begrudging them and incessantly mistyping them just because you want to fuck with them. No one asked you to come into a thread I participate in and tell me I am not an INFJ because you are not qualified to make that call, and yet you do it anyway, you relish it, you look for the chances to do it, its too clockwork with you its been going on for some time and I am wiling to wager I am not the only one you do it to, especially if the rep comments I have been getting are any indication. Why dont you do yourself a favor and just STFU then if you have nothing but your own stubbornness to base this shit on? Its getting tiresome.

You may now rub your palms together and masturbate to the thought that you got under my skin, you win the interwebs.