• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Having to live in a "T" world.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It isn't a T/F thing. It simply isn't practical to get things done and state your individual opinion clearly if you're always looking to be agreeable. It only makes you weak and diluted.

Disagree. You can be assertive and still not an ass.

KDude

Extroverts.. or actually Se doms do that rather well. They can be assertive, be it T or F, but also sieze upon some moment of levity or something that makes it come off more smooth or funny. They're really good with people... and yet loud at the same time. It's not the same kind of assertiveness I see from Te, which I see as more distant and stern sometimes. What either one's "true intentions" or niceness is is up for grabs, but I'm not particularly responsive to Te at first. The way people say things is important to me.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extroverts.. or actually Se doms do that rather well. They can be assertive, be it T or F, but also sieze upon some moment of levity or something that makes it come off more smooth or funny. They're really good with people... and yet loud at the same time. It's not the same kind of assertiveness I see from Te, which I see as more distant and stern sometimes. What either one's "true intentions" or niceness is is up for grabs, but I'm not particularly responsive to Te at first. The way people say things is important to me.

I think that might be because Se doesn't really command, it just suggests. Se doms I'm thinking would be much like Ne doms, only maybe a bit more specific and focused in their "ideas." ENFPs and ENTPs can be very good at leading groups, and it's probably very similar for ESFPs and ESTPs.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think that might be because Se doesn't really command, it just suggests. Se doms I'm thinking would be much like Ne doms, only maybe a bit more specific and focused in their "ideas." ENFPs and ENTPs can be very good at leading groups, and it's probably very similar for ESFPs and ESTPs.

wolfy

awsm

Sure, you're disagreeing here and not an ass. My point was that people will often view disagreement as mean and unfriendly. Regardless of how you put it across.