• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] do you forget birthdays?

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am an ENFP and I often forget close people's birthday (even close family members).
Do you also?

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Yes, I do.
Ever since I have turned 30, they have become some sort of a taboo :)

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Yes I do.. Tho in general I have trouble remembering names and dates. Or why I'm standing in the middle of the store.. What did I come here for?..

i.e. Don't ask me what street something is on, or where a certain street is. I just know where it's located and how to get there.

lastrailway

Mine, no (I couldn't even if I wanted, it's on a day a bit hard to fail to notice it).
I don't remember anybody else's birthday, however I have notices on my cell for a handful of people taht I know they'd like my remembering their birthdays. Not that it helps very much, since I don't exactly watch my mobile all the time, but it's better than nothing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I remember people's birthday's I haven't seen since 3rd grade. It's a curse

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
It's my mother's birthday today... it didn't immediately pop up in my mind... until I was reminded of the date. I have difficulty tracking dates... compounding on my inability to recall exact names and numbers... no surprise that I am bad at recalling birthdays.

The only way I would remember it is if I have something planned specifically for that day. Otherwise no... :mellow:

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I remember certain people's birthdays but I never forget my mother's. We were born on the same date.:hug:

BallentineChen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Worse, I also forget names of friends! It's terrible. Every time I need to introduce people I go through a mental checklist of everyone's name to make sure.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm inclined to forget my own birthday but on my birthday, the second of April, our local busker sang me happy birthday with his guitar. And when I went to the doctor for a check-up, the staff all sang me happy birthday.

So they just won't let me forget. Still it was very nice.

Victor.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I remember hubby's and my kids... that's it. And I too am terrible with names.. even "associations" backfire. I once called to talk to a salesman I had dealt with and asked for Mr. Fish.... the person on the line laughed and said "Oh, you mean Jim Trout." :blush: I'm good with numbers though... can just glance and them and remember. Hmmm... then again, maybe its visual... I'll have to check that out.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't celebrate birthdays. I never buy people gifts. I just don't give shit. I sometimes remember them, though.

persse

MBTI Type
?
ihm....i sometimes forget birthdays....
for example, when it was my mom's name day, i had no idea about it( even though she does celebrate it) and i forgot to buy her a present.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
if I am busy then yes the day can pass with me not mentioning it to the person, but typically I don't forget anything with a number in it that is important to me.

typically I don't forget much of anything, unless of course I am in my own personal abyss

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I know when most of the birthdays are, I just don't know what today is.

I have started using amazon's reminder calendar for those I buy gifts for recently, though. I really don't like wandering around stores trying to think what to get people, so doing it online is much more pleasant and convenient.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Like Targo and Cafe, I remember family birthdays. I usually know at least the month in which friends' birthdays fall. To help with the date, I have a decorative perpetual calendar on my wall; the only problem is remembering to flip it over when the month changes. Sometimes I miss those whose birthdays are May 1 and November 1.

Remembering friends and family on their birthdays is important to me. I usually send a card or e-card, or mark the day in some other way, liking taking a friend out for lunch or coffee. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow; she said she wants a raspberry cake.

My INTP husband doesn't remember his mother's birthday and this causes a last-minute flurry of plans every year. I don't think he remembers the day of our anniversary either.

We also commemorate anniversaries of relatives and close friends who've died, so those go on the calendar as well.

Jae Rae

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's my mother's birthday today... it didn't immediately pop up in my mind... until I was reminded of the date. I have difficulty tracking dates... compounding on my inability to recall exact names and numbers... no surprise that I am bad at recalling birthdays.

The only way I would remember it is if I have something planned specifically for that day. Otherwise no... :mellow:

Ok, Im not the only one!!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Do you forget birthdays?
Yes.
But not the birthdays of my own family members (the closest people to me).
See, it's quite hard to forget the birthdays of the children you have given birth to.;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually remember people's birthdays pretty regularly, if they were part of my life enough that I learned them in the first place. I still remember some friends' birthdays from childhood, and even the birthdays of people I've dated. The day approaches or arrives and I'm thinking of them.

(The problem is more like, "I forgot to schedule a time where I *could* go buy them a card and then actually had a stamp handy to put in their mail; or then I couldn't find their address; or I'm feeling introverted and don't want to talk to anyone today.")

thanks but now... it's not my birthday! ;)

Don't worry, he's got 270 or so more chances this year (unless it already passed... then, tough luck).