• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Am I an NF?

carcrater

MBTI Type
JOGK
Enneagram
Find
Hey guys I'm kinda new to this forum and am yet again wandering what my MBTI is? I definetely know I'm an Introvert but have been classed as an INFJ, ENFJ, ISFJ, INTP, and even an ISTP. I've got a little blog (don't know if any of you read it in my introduction post) so hopefully it might help you to type me. Thanks heaps.

Small steps forward

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
You need to post more info about you. I read your blog (It was fun to read btw) and I actually do see how you *could* be an NF, simply because your writing partly takes the form of inspriring and connecting, but i also sense a strong undertone of 'this is how people should be' or view it, or whatever. I do notice metaphor usage.. I don't know all that many NF's that would be interested or invest so much time in a physical/sensory realm such as athletic pursuiits.. but hey, anythings possible depending on the values one holds. THe J seems blatant with the preoccupation of time, getting stuff done, overcoming obstacles.

What does the cognitive functions test type you as?

carcrater

MBTI Type
JOGK
Enneagram
Find
Hi Huxley3112, I took a cognitive Functions test and this is the order in which I scored on each function, from highest to lowest.
Ni,Fe,Fi,Ti,Se,Ne,Te, Si.

As for my athletic pursuits, running aside I don't really enjoy exercise. The reason I do these things is because it's transformed me into a better person. To succeed in Endurnce sports you build your own compass on where you want to go and how fast you sail to your destination is up to you. In life it's the same. You have dreams; connecting with people is the first step towards getting a big blow of wind in one's sails. Being patient enough to develop a personal relationship with someone is indicative you care about more than just what they can do for you. Endurance sports has taught me to be patient in life, to persist with a dream or goal when the going get's really hard. And there's the inspiration side to it. I'm highly introverted and being the centre of attention is something which overwhelms me immensely but nothing is greater hearing friends and family saying "You walking for 20 hours inspired me to do this." That's just a few of the reasons. Hope it's not too overwhelming.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, your functions are VERY INFJ.
I don't see anything in your writing style or goals that would indicate otherwise. Infact, I didn't mean to say that NF's can't be physically active. Now I think about it.. a very good INFJ friend of mine absolutely LOVES working out. It's a stress reliever for her, and she is so consistant and dedicated that she is quite inspiring for the rest of us. It has alot to do with her thoroughly enjoying challenges. So ya.. that wasn't fair for me to say about NF's. Anyhow, It's a neat type to be! Welcome to the forum.. ;)

carcrater

MBTI Type
JOGK
Enneagram
Find
Thanks for your feeback Huxley3112 and Offog for your thoughts. Thinking about it for a while, it became clear that quite a few NF's have this sort of doubt sometimes whether they've been typed correctly. But great to be here discussing these ideas and theories with you :)

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

carcrater

MBTI Type
JOGK
Enneagram
Find
Thanks flameskull95 for the web links. It was interesting reading

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
IxFJ. I don't think you're an intuitive. I say this because many/all of your blog posts seem down to earth, concrete, etc.

If you are an intuitive, you're definitely an INFJ. But you seem like a really weak N. I'd be curious to see your results on the similarminds test.

An enneagram would be nice to know as well.

carcrater

MBTI Type
JOGK
Enneagram
Find
Hi negative zero, I've taken all the MBTI tests on Similar minds and got INFJ each time. Reading through the descriptions, INFJ is more suited to me than ISFJ. But yes you are correct. My N is very weak. The results were
Introversion 75% Extraversion 25%
Intuition 55% Sensing 45%
Feeling 57% Thinking 43%
Judging 60% Perceiving 40%

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hi negative zero, I've taken all the MBTI tests on Similar minds and got INFJ each time. Reading through the descriptions, INFJ is more suited to me than ISFJ. But yes you are correct. My N is very weak. The results were
Introversion 75% Extraversion 25%
Intuition 55% Sensing 45%
Feeling 57% Thinking 43%
Judging 60% Perceiving 40%

You seem very INFJish by text, - did the functions match up?

carcrater

MBTI Type
JOGK
Enneagram
Find
Talking about being an xNFx, my mom came home from her school ball and said an ex-student of hers came and said hi and asked my siblings and I to guess who it was. Naturally my brother and sister picked old class clowns and attention seekers but I just had a feeling it was an alumni she'd formed a friendship with and when I cast my vote, it was right. It's times like that where you truly appreciate how awseome and interesting it is being an NF