• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFP's and Stability

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay.. some personal and not so personal questions. I'm bored and curious and ya, whatever.. I just wanted to see if there is any pattern in this.

NFP's.. have you had the desire to move alot? Have you followed through with it? If you do have this desire.. why do you think this is the case?

How about driving record. Any NFP's with perfect driving records? Good? Bad? Ugly?

Any NFP's notice themselves having "credit problems" from time to time? (This is rather personal I know).. but I find it funny that myself, and the two other ENFP's I am friends with all went through a rather rough patch in our early twenties where we just kinda went credit crazy.. and didn't do that hot of a job at paying ontime. All of us our older now and finally getting over the days of debt issues.. and I realize that this might not be type related at all, but I will be honest when I say that my ISTJ/ESFJ and even ENFJ buddies have always viewed their credit as the utmost important thing.

(All NF's welcome to join in)..

Oh OH-- almost forgot, one other little random question.. any ENFP's ever notice a patience issue that results in a one handed paint job with nails? lol

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't move, or change jobs, but I've felt very trapped about that. My driving record is very good. Yeah, I have credit issues, or more like had them.. and bills are a bit of a struggle, bill pay helps. I just drove into the city office to pay my utilities a day late last monday, then I paid the next in advance so I wouldn't have to remember. :blush:

My patience has gone way up the roof in the last 5 years or so, especially when it comes to dealing with people and with projects. I think it's because I've been in the same place for so long I can see the result of my actions years back, I know that what I do now will have an effect, though maybe not in the short term.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
NFP's.. have you had the desire to move alot? Have you followed through with it? If you do have this desire.. why do you think this is the case?

All the time. I get the urge to move every couple of years, I HATE being in one place for too long, it drives me crazy. I’ve moved a LOT in my life, states, countries, cities.

I think a lot of the time is my inherent restlessness, and the thought that there is so much to see in the world, why be confined to one space for too long? You can always come back.

Also, a lot of the time I have the urge to destroy everything around me, sever all contact with everyone I know and start all over again. Some times I just want to see everything I love burn. But that’s not exactly healthy.

How about driving record. Any NFP's with perfect driving records? Good? Bad? Ugly?

Hahaha! I got judged mightily on Friday for my mass of traffic offences, my record is officially in the ‘UGLY’ category, mainly speeding, but some other things thrown in. As of Monday I am an enforced active pedestrian for 3 months as I have had my license suspended. Oops.

Any NFP's notice themselves having "credit problems" from time to time? (This is rather personal I know).. but I find it funny that myself, and the two other ENFP's I am friends with all went through a rather rough patch in our early twenties where we just kinda went credit crazy.. and didn't do that hot of a job at paying ontime. All of us our older now and finally getting over the days of debt issues.. and I realize that this might not be type related at all, but I will be honest when I say that my ISTJ/ESFJ and even ENFJ buddies have always viewed their credit as the utmost important thing.

I had to declare bankruptcy when I was 27 due to a toxic ex. Part of it was my own problem with credit, but the majority was due to someone else. I am terrible at paying things on time though.

Oh OH-- almost forgot, one other little random question.. any ENFP's ever notice a patience issue that results in a one handed paint job with nails? lol

Yes. I frequently sport the one handed paint job. I’ve mastered it.

I guess, in essence, I am not stable.

G

Ginkgo

I can sit still for ages, but if I'm in a comfortable social atmosphere, there are times when I can't keep my mouth shut when it should be locked and zipped.

I've never been in a wreck, and I've been driving for roughly 2 years. Considering the past, I've not proven to be the best driver, and there are times when monkeys behind the wheel make steam shoot out of my ears. I cope by assuming karma's going to make them die a humiliating kill death of choking on their own chewed up finger nail. If I don't imagine this scenario playing out in explicit detail, the amount of ravenous rage I experience actually pumps the Terror-Meter on CNN a couple of notches.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'd moved 8 times by the time i was 12, so i think as a result of that i get bored and feel stuck being in the same place for too long. probably why i moved to the other side of the country for no real reason too.

i don't have my driver's license but i'm pretty sure i'd be a horrible driver if i did.

and i'm 20 and already have bad credit, i'm just horrible with money and bills and all those boring practical things.

and YES hahaha i only have one hand done on my nails right now.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am exactly like this.

However, I might be SFP instead of NFP, but there you have it.

When I want to move, I do, when I can't stand something, I get away from it. A judge told me when I was 21 that my driving record was one of the worst he'd ever seen that didn't contain any offenses related to alcohol.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't move, or change jobs, but I've felt very trapped about that. My driving record is very good. Yeah, I have credit issues, or more like had them.. and bills are a bit of a struggle, bill pay helps. I just drove into the city office to pay my utilities a day late last monday, then I paid the next in advance so I wouldn't have to remember. :blush:

Oh no you've thought about it and are embarrassed about paying your utilities one day late? Ha ha ha..sorry.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Oh no you've thought about it and are embarrassed about paying your utilities one day late? Ha ha ha..sorry.

Some people have responsibility.

Apparently neither you or i have it. He should be laughing at us.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I respectfully disagree. While I'm a better driver than I was in my late teens and early twenties, and am more responsible than I was then as well, I don't feel at all bad about actually choosing to LIVE my life. I can't fathom being so docile I'd not move or stay at a job if I felt trapped. I don't allow anything to trap me.

G

Ginkgo

Okay.. some personal and not so personal questions. I'm bored and curious and ya, whatever.. I just wanted to see if there is any pattern in this.

(All NF's welcome to join in)..

So... why exactly do you want to see a "pattern", again?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
All I know is that my INFP has some serious debt issues >_<

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm an NFJ, but close to P, and I have never wanted to move to another part of the country. I have, but I did it because of job necessity, and I hated it.

I can relate to the bills. I have never seen money as important, but unfortunately it's a necessity. It's really hard to hit your head up against the board of reality. Ugh.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I know you think my mini faux pas is cute, but yeah, I get embarrassed about how often this happens, especially how theoretically easy it would be to avoid this. @Nijnte, yeah it sucks when I know my credit is tied to my ex's right now, I definitely take responsibility to others more closely.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My older brother's wife is ENFP, and she definitely has the urge to move regularly. Early on in her marriage with my brother, they moved a number of times. They've managed to stay in the same area while their kids are in high school, but it's been tough for her. I also think they also had some spending/credit issues early on.

I tend to find big moves and changes exhausting, so I don't have a huge urge to move. I never had real credit or debt issues, perhaps because my father is an extremely financially conservative ESTJ who taught me debt is evil. (He's also a terrible investor, since he waits until something is a sure thing... by then it's far too late.)

I find it easy to buy almost nothing, and easy to spend a lot of money... but carefully tracking everything enough to find a middle way can be tedious. Instead I end up keeping more cash on hand than I need, and only occasionally buckling down and catching up on bookkeeping. I find automatic bill pay a blessing, but don't track it as carefully as I should.

A

Anew Leaf

INFP here:

Moving: I have something restless inside of me that I haven't acted on.... Yet.

Driving: I've had 3 speeding tickets total... Last one was um, 5-6 years ago? I dunno... Whenever king kong came out :p I got one driving to meet a friend to go see it. I had one minor accident 8 years ago. Rear ended a stupid chick because she stopped halfway through an intersection to put on her seatbelt. I was going about 15 mph.

Credit: I wasn't so great in my 20's. And then I dunno like 3-4 years ago I finally got my act together. The only debt I have now are my mortgage and student loans.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NFP's.. have you had the desire to move alot? Have you followed through with it?
I've always idealized leading a nomadic lifestyle of sorts. I've also always wanted to escape the area I grew up, but keep getting pulled back. So, no, I haven't done it yet. Practicalities like work & money have gotten in the way.

If you do have this desire.. why do you think this is the case?
I'm restless & have an itch to see/experience the world, and I feel like it would ease this a bit. I also have some romantic idea that I might find a home somewhere, a place I fit in better, but I really know that's a pipe dream.

My driving record is rather ordinary. A few tickets for some minor violations. That is all.

Any NFP's notice themselves having "credit problems" from time to time?
I used to have near perfect credit & my only debt was my car payment. I'd consider myself good a managing money despite not being frugal or interested in investing. I always kept a savings that was supposed to last about 6 months.
After losing my job, however, I lived off my savings for about 5 months, then turned to living off credit for the necessities (ie. rent, food), knowing full well I'd be blowing my credit if I didn't get a job ASAP (which I didn't....but I did try). Then I crawled back home to my parents. Hey, you gotta survive....

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A word of advice for NFPs (and anyone, really) who wants to move: make sure you leave yourself a way to come back. Don't underestimate the importance of home :hug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've moved around a lot, and I agree that going home is important, but really it's not where some people belong. I did that you know...after being gone for 7 years (aside from a 3 month visit to my mom about 4 years in) ...went home and lived with my mom for 1 1/2 years...found I couldn't wait to get out of her house in much less than a year...and after living in WV for 3 1/2 years was practically tearing my hair out wanting to leave.

Am in L.A. now, have been for over a year now, close to 1 1/2 years...thought about moving up north.

I've also thought about going to back to WV but I fear it may be for the wrong reasons.

E

Epiphany

I plan to do a bit of traveling when I finish school, as long as no unexpected financial obligations impede my pursuit. I've lived in the midwest my entire life and it's time to expand my horizons.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've moved a lot, countries, states, towns, jobs....I'm a very restless soul. I've never stayed in a job longer than a year and a half. This one I'm in will quite possibly be the longest I have stayed in a job, I've just hit the year and a half mark. My driving record is okay though. A couple of unpaid parking tickets, that's all. I've had one accident, but the road conditions were a huge factor in this (raining and grease on the road). It was a four car pile up at an intersection, I was the second car, we going about 25km/hour, The lights turned red and all of us put on our brakes only slide into the next car. I was pissed my car didn't get written off. I was about to sell it to go overseas.
My credit rating is a mess, but I'm debt free. I'm so bad at money management I have a financial adviser to make sure my bills are paid. Honestly not the worst desicion I've made though, as I'm a lot better off now, than I've ever been. I'm much more stable at this point in time than I have ever been. I'm at the point where buying a house is a possibility....with my credit rating they weren't going to consider me until I had at least 20%, but it's doable. It's weird, but I think I'm becoming a responsible adult...maybe.