• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Good Examples of INFJs

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Perhaps you'd enjoy perusing this thread for fictional characters?

As for RL ones, there's Nicole Kidman, Thom Yorke, Nathaniel Hawthorne, J. W. von Goethe, Nelson Mandela, Piers Anthony, Shirley Temple, Tom Selleck, Stephen Daldry...

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Elfboy! LOL. You can't say that only an INFJ (or Ni minus Te, Fe or Ti) can experience delusions. You can't say that Tom Cruise = INFJ merely because he is delusional LOL.

+100.

I seriously wonder if other INFJs would contribute to a thread like this. :)

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a hard time seeing most celebrity figures as being introverted, honestly. I know there are some out there, but the very nature of a fame-oriented profession demands a certain narcissism and charismatic bent that very introverted people tend to struggle with.

And I completely agree that delusion doesn't automatically point to INFJ, regardless of whatever conclusions one might draw about the cause of a person's delusion. You need more than that, I'm afraid. I've known an ENFP and an ISFJ who have both been diagnosed by a professional as having issues with reality, so get real. Any type can have issues of that sort.

With regard to more examples...I've often seen Atticus Finch of To Kill a Mockingbird typed INFJ. That's pretty cool.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes.

He is a genius of human emotions.

Whenver you think you've felt a new emotion listen to one of his songs & you'll see just how much of a regular part of humanity you are.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a hard time seeing most celebrity figures as being introverted, honestly. I know there are some out there, but the very nature of a fame-oriented profession demands a certain narcissism and charismatic bent that very introverted people tend to struggle with.

And I completely agree that delusion doesn't automatically point to INFJ, regardless of whatever conclusions one might draw about the cause of a person's delusion. You need more than that, I'm afraid. I've known an ENFP and an ISFJ who have both been diagnosed by a professional as having issues with reality, so get real. Any type can have issues of that sort.

With regard to more examples...I've often seen Atticus Finch of To Kill a Mockingbird typed INFJ. That's pretty cool.

don't put words in my mouth, darling. I never claimed that delusion was exclusive to INJs

Nicodemus

Perhaps you'd enjoy perusing this thread for fictional characters?

As for RL ones, there's Nicole Kidman, Thom Yorke, Nathaniel Hawthorne, J. W. von Goethe, Nelson Mandela, Piers Anthony, Shirley Temple, Tom Selleck, Stephen Daldry...
I am pretty sure that Goethe was an E, ENFJ probably.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
don't put words in my mouth, darling. I never claimed that delusion was exclusive to INJs

I'm not putting words into your mouth, only offering my own. It seemed as though you were relying heavily on the "delusion" factor, and all I've done is disagree. You seem a little on edge. Relax, darling. ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not putting words into your mouth, only offering my own. It seemed as though you were relying heavily on the "delusion" factor, and all I've done is disagree. You seem a little on edge. Relax, darling. ;)

:laugh: not really, I just like the opportunity to say "stop that, darling" or something else pretentious/bourgeois. it appears I mistook such as an opportunity

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Tom Cruise, INFJ? When's the last time anyone saw an INFJ acting like this in public?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
If Cruise is an ISTP, as I've seen him typed somewhere else, it's possible that his delusions are a product of tertiary/puer Ni. That seems common in unhealthy ISTPs, or so I've heard. :thinking:

A

Anew Leaf

I think this thread (and others like it) prove that delusional thinking isn't reserved for just the Ni'ers.

Tom Cruise, INFJ? When's the last time anyone saw an INFJ acting like this in public?

And this... this is like a scary movie to me. Whatever type he is, he needs medication and maybe a lobotomy. If I was Katie Holmes, that public display of lunacy would have me running to the hills.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure about real life ones. But Dorothea Brooke, the main character in George Eliot's Middlemarch, is an extraordinary fictional example of an INFJ. She is probably THE number one fictional character who I relate to, although I'd say she's even more idealistic than I am.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Joseph Beuys: INFJ?

220px-Beuys-Feldman-Gallery.jpg

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huey from Boondocks is probably my favorite INFJ in popular culture.

lane777

nevermore
Jon Crosby of VAST. Comments like these are just something you would expect to hear from an INFJ...

"The one thing that is different about NINE INCH NAILS and what Trent Reznor did is that he wasn't really trying to fake people out or into thinking that NINE INCH NAILS was really a band. What he was doing was creating this thing that was like a band, like a vibe or an idea or a theme and he was taking the attention away from himself and trying to place the attention on NINE INCH NAILS as a more abstract idea. That is the same thing that I have done with VAST. I want people to pay more attention to VAST than to me. I am trying to take the spotlight off of Jon Crosby, off of this person and off of this face."

"I don't consider myself a star because I just don't want to be one at all. I have no interest at all in becoming famous. The only reason that I am making videos is because I have to. The record company wouldn't do it if I said I wouldn't do it. I have no interest in becoming famous at all. I want it to be the music and the shows and I want the shows to be based on something other than my face and who I am."

"I'm still open minded but I haven't really studied too much in the past two years. That hasn't been really where my mind has been. My head used to be so in the clouds and so out there that I've had to force myself to be more grounded and not think about those things - to not think about the meaning of life. I need to think about "Make sure you drink your water." (Laughs) That's the kind of person I am."

'Release me from this need I have of me.' I think that was one of the first lyrics I wrote for the record. It's pretty self-explanatory really, its about - it's depressing really - I'm saying 'I don't want to live in a way. 'I don't want to want to live anymore. I'm sick of the trap of being a human being and the trap of being alive.' Just having the pain of being alive without anything else, whether it's good or bad. There's a lot of serious songs on the record, you know. That song is just about feeling like a fish out of water, feeling like you don't belong on the planet sometimes."

- Excerpts from interviews with David Lee and Gail Worley.

There are a lot of reasons why he comes off INFJ in the video below to me, but a fundamental INFJ quality is that cold vibe we're known for, yet if you're looking for it, you can pick up on warm Fe undercurrents - I think Jon Crosby embodies this exactly. Very familiar anyway :ninja:...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5cPwtF9jw&feature=related"]Jon Crosby Interview - Part 1[/YOUTUBE]

His music is melancholy, dark, dramatic, spiritual, abstract and unconventional among other things you would expect from an INFJ.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S_R13jV11Q"]Touched - VAST[/YOUTUBE]

Jon Crosby vanished from the spotlight shortly after the release of his two first albums, saying he had no interest in the notoriety he was receiving through the efforts of his record label Elektra (not a surprising move for an INFJ). Due to that unfortunately, below is one of his very few live televised performances.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJUDF7W5N4"]I Don't Have Anything - VAST[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Lotr246

Heschel, yes.

Martin Buber
Hermann Hesse
Viktor Frankl
Rollo May

For one on TV today, Dr. Drew.