• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] NFJ's and Ti

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENFJ's and INFJ's,

How do you experience Ti? What kinds of things/situations do you use it for? What does it accomplish for you? What do you like about your Ti? Dislike?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
To be honest I sometimes find it difficult to separate my Ni from Ti, so usually I'm not sure which is which.

But, I think I can think of a situation that might be Ti-related -- and this came from my interactions with my non-Ti bf. We got into a fight (that stemmed from Fe/Fi) and we were having a hard time understanding each other because we were coming from totally different directions. It ended with me storming out of the room -- something that had never happened before, because I normally don't like this kind of behavior, but I was just so angry at that point. Then, back in my room, I was trying to figure it out. I had never been in such a fight, and I had never been that angry, and it was a bit startling. I didn't understand anything. His Fi viewpoint did not make sense and he was being stubborn and totally not seeing my point. I sat there and cried and thought about the situation to no avail. Then, something kicked in. It was a simple principle: "Be honest, but stand your ground". It was strong and unbendable. I went to find him and told him that. I told him my honest intentions and feelings about everything, but I stood by my earlier stand. It all worked out in the end.

I'm not sure if that's a 'relief' role or not, but I know that deep down I go by principles -- and they can be very stubborn. :blush:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, I would have thought Ni and Ti to be very distinguishable from one another, but I'm not nearly as familiar/fluent with Ni as you probably are so I wouldn't know.

However, I could see how your example *could be* Ti - it does have that unbendable element to it if it decides to take a stand.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just about anything can trigger my Ti (or Te at that matter). Usually in a conversation and someone presents an argument that supports one side, when previously they had supported another, I end up noting it, and illustrating to the person that their current argument is logically inconsistent with the other one they had previously. That, and if there's moments of excessive emotional drama... I end up telling the person to calm down, focus on getting the job done and the big picture, and not to care about what everyone else says. Why worry about something when you can start doing something about it to change the problem. (This could be more Te than Ti).

But scientific theory and documentaries are like food for the Ti monster. I get sucked into them and just absorb the information into my brain like a sponge. Then my brain starts firing off question after question, idea after idea... forming connections between one concept and another, even though they may seem unrelated to each other. Just watching a Carl Sagan documentary, for instance, can really get my Ti (and Te) activated. :D

G

Glycerine

ENFJ's and INFJ's,

How do you experience Ti? What kinds of things/situations do you use it for? What does it accomplish for you? What do you like about your Ti? Dislike?
ummm. Hypothetically, it can make me very analytical and critical. A common occurrence is when I say something and a few minutes, I end up correcting myself with the right word, tone, facts mentally right before the other party responds or I am analysing the consistency of what the other person is saying based on my past interactions with him or her.

Also, I typically use words of different degrees to attempt to accurately portray my ideas. However, if I do not see the topic as important, I don't bother to.

I guess the things as I see as "important", I get into the nitty gritty details. Ex. academic papers.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, I would have thought Ni and Ti to be very distinguishable from one another, but I'm not nearly as familiar/fluent with Ni as you probably are so I wouldn't know.

However, I could see how your example *could be* Ti - it does have that unbendable element to it if it decides to take a stand.
Hmmm... lot of people think Ti equals 'analysis', and I do a lot of that. The thing is, I don't think Ti = analysis, and my extreme need to 'define' everything might be more Ni (getting to the essence of things) than Ti...

That's why I have problems separating Ti from Ni.

But, if you view it from a different angle, Ti might be better defined in relation to Fe. I'm not sure how, but in my experience Fe+Ti is very different from Fi+Te. I have a feeling that the two judging functions (F and T) are two halves of a whole.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't feel that I really understand my Ti, or anyone's Ti... ;) But based on how this thread has unfolded so far, I guess it could be represented by how logical I can get. I think quite a lot of people think I'm more logical than emotional, or they are surprised at how I am both at once.

Also, particularly if I am really upset about something, I usually find myself analyzing it in a cold, clear and almost dispassionate way - but I'm still overwhelmed by crashing waves of emotion. It can be pretty frustrating!

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...Then, something kicked in. It was a simple principle: "Be honest, but stand your ground". It was strong and unbendable.
That's how Ti works for me too. It just kicks in and tells me to stand my ground. Sometime a bit too strongly, making me become confrontational with others and insist on my point of view. It works well if my stance is thoroughly thought out and supported by evidence. Sometimes though tertiary Ti is rather irrational and makes me impose opinions that I don't really have much backing for or take too much risk. For example it kicks in when I'm driving and I start cutting other people off on the road just because I think I'm in the right, though I have no real justification for this.

Tertiary Ti also allows me to avoid friendships and relationships that are no good for me. Fe usually makes me want to be nice and friendly to others, but Ti asks "well have they been just as friendly and nice to you?" and if the answer is "no" then it makes me adopt a more critical attitude towards these individuals and not spend more time on them. If Fe is unchecked by Ti it leads to a sort of idealization of other people, but Ti provides a much needed counter-balance.

Ti also makes me view the universe as essentially impersonal, where I as individual and humanity overall do not really matter.