• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] becoming INFJ

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Over the last couple of years I have been doing a lot of personal growth, in particular in the last couple of months I have dedicated myself to this cause and made substantial progress. I realised very recently that in doing so I have become closer to an INFJ. Formally I have not been in good health, not in an obvious way, but I knew internally that mentally I had obstacles to climb. I am now physically in better shape and this has also improved my mental health and I have worked on my self-esteem. In short I have more energy, I am more focused with a clearer mind and more productive. Another side effect of my self-development has been a better understanding and perception in communication. I definitely feel a very different person, as if all the junk has been cleared and my existence now feels very zen. I have just read a few of the INFJ profiles again and feel that they are a strong fit.

Anyway I wanted to share this with people that are interested in MBTi and can relate to my change in these terms.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
Over the last couple of years I have been doing a lot of personal growth, in particular in the last couple of months I have dedicated myself to this cause and made substantial progress. I realised very recently that in doing so I have become closer to an INFJ. Formally I have not been in good health, not in an obvious way, but I knew internally that mentally I had obstacles to climb. I am now physically in better shape and this has also improved my mental health and I have worked on my self-esteem. In short I have more energy, I am more focused with a clearer mind and more productive. Another side effect of my self-development has been a better understanding and perception in communication. I definitely feel a very different person, as if all the junk has been cleared and my existence now feels very zen. I have just read a few of the INFJ profiles again and feel that they are a strong fit.

Anyway I wanted to share this with people that are interested in MBTi and can relate to my change in these terms.

I believe I can relate a bit, as I took several MBTi tests in high-school and was typed as an INTJ...but I'd say I was a significantly different person then from who I am now..and I was primarily answering the questions as one would find 'traditionally acceptable' for a male. But over the past couple of years I've found myself less and less like the individual I was originally typed as, and have....as you put it 'become clearer and more zen like'. I took it upon myself to become more physically fit, and to really focus upon what I desired to do with my life...as deep down, I knew the 'traditional' path was not my cup of tea. I enjoy meditating, and the decision to start doing so certainly has helped in maintaining clarity in a rather stressful environments.

My point is, I typed as a an INTJ a handful of years back, but personally, I would say a lot of it had to do with perceptions that I cared about....males aren't typically seen as 'feeling', so...I cannot say I was true to myself then. But I've found a path which everyday closer and closer approximates the answer of 'who I am'...and it all points in the direction of INFJ. And I'm happy with that! :)

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Perhaps you've always been a best fit with the INFJ mentality, but it's been clouded by being in what you call an unhealthy frame of being/mind/existence.

I know when I first found out about MBTI I bounced around many, many different types. It was only until I came to a healthy, mature point in my life and development that ENTP was the absolute best fit for me. Now I can't imagine how I ever thought otherwise. And it's also enriched my life considerably.

I don't think MBTI is at all useful to people who haven't come to a balanced point in their life. It can very easily be used as a crutch, instead of a tool. And that's when you get things like people worshipping MBTI in a close-minded, fundamentalist kind of way.

"You can't change your type, it doesn't work that way!"
"xxxx's don't act like that, that can't be your type!"
"I don't fit into this sterotype, I must not be this type!"

Blah blah blah. Ridiculousness.

Anyway, no one is going to should judge you if you "change" your type to INFJ. :) And hey! Congrats on all that self improvement. That's not an easy journey to undertake.