• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] How do you keep anxiety in check?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How do you keep anxiety in check?

I have some sort of PTSD from the last 10 years of my life (too many sudden changes). Now every time a change comes along, I start to panic.

ubiquitous1

Ugh, I can relate. For me, changing the focus of my mind is often helpful. For example, by looking at situations (especially new/unexpected situations) as an opportunity to learn or have fun, I can change the focus of my mind. Also, I remind myself that everything is temporary and whatever is causing me anxiety will pass. It takes constant awareness on my part though, otherwise I can get caught up in the anxiety. If I reach that point, I take a "time out" and refocus my mind.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just got to remember change isn't always bad, that it can also be good. It is scary in that we don't exactly know what truly come afterwords. But if something good does come out of the change, why not risk it - if just a little? If you begin to panic, you can tell yourself that "this needs to be done," or "I can do it."

Start with small changes, and slowly, but surely, move on to bigger changes.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How do you keep anxiety in check?

I have some sort of PTSD from the last 10 years of my life (too many sudden changes). Now every time a change comes along, I start to panic.

Oh gosh I totally feel you. Anxiety hit me hard on Friday night, I couldn't sleep at all! I ended up reading a bunch of positive thinking quotes and it worked like a charm! I just needed to be reminded that I have the power to think differently, and more positively :).