• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Is Fe fake or manipulative?

G

Ginkgo

Oh God. Please don't make this Fi vs. Fe. Please please please.

Kumbaya

Peace, love and understanding.

Lalala.
:hexer: :campfire:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
that's just a nicer way to say manipulation. framing it differently does not make it not manipulation. sugar coated poison is still poison
Ne and Fe are not alike at all

OH COME ON.

Fe isn't that bad. Fe will care for you, nurture you, hold you, and love you. My ENFJ sister does anything she can for our family, and my ESFJ ex was a really lovable sweetheart when he wasn't having a crazy spell.

Fe isn't "fake" ...it just influences and incidentally is influenced.

ENFPs can be manipulative too, in a different way. I'm generally not a manipulative person but I know I have the ability.

People barter and trade in emotion. It's how people are.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OH COME ON.

Fe isn't that bad. Fe will care for you, nurture you, hold you, and love you. My ENFJ sister does anything she can for our family, and my ESFJ ex was a really lovable sweetheart when he wasn't having a crazy spell.

ENFPs can be manipulative too, in a different way. I'm generally not a manipulative person but I know I have the ability.

People barter and trade in emotion. It's how people are.

I've already stated that ENFPs can be manipulative (I even admitted that I am manipulative), that being said, Fe by it's very nature is manipulative. appealing to someone else's emotions to get them to do something is manipulation

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Kumbaya

Lalala.

too late
:spam_laser:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've already stated that ENFPs can be manipulative (I even admitted that I am manipulative), that being said, Fe by it's very nature is manipulative. appealing to someone else's emotions to get them to do something is manipulation

It's not poison, though.

It depends on the individual.

I think Te doms can be "poisonous" when they get all steam roller and self-absorbed and "my way or the highway."

I think any type of person can be poisonous. Haven't you ever gotten annoyed with an IxFP who was all like "u don't understand my pain you stupid fuckers, u just wouldn't understand" and then proceeds to spew viewpoints that are completely internal without checking for the opinion of ANYONE AT ALL.

I dunno. Whatever. I'm saying that I can love Fe doms, Te doms, and Fi doms, but there are flaws of each type, and different individuals may behave in a more "poisonous" manner than others. Sometimes that's because they're bad people, but usually it's because someone else hurt them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not poison, though.

It depends on the individual.

I think Te doms can be "poisonous" when they get all steam roller and self-absorbed and "my way or the highway."

I think any type of person can be poisonous. Haven't you ever gotten annoyed with an IxFP who was all like "u don't understand my pain you stupid fuckers, u just wouldn't understand" and then proceeds to spew viewpoints that are completely internal without checking for the opinion of ANYONE AT ALL.

I dunno. Whatever. I'm saying that I can love Fe doms, Te doms, and Fi doms, but there are flaws of each type, and different inviduals may behave in a more "poisonous" manner than others. Sometimes that's because they're bad people, but usually it's because someone else hurt them.

I never said that poisonous behavior is exclusive to Fe users, but it's there a lot of the time

G

Ginkgo

th_1285385666280.jpg

A

A window to the soul

Kumbaya

Lalala.

Awww, INFP! :hug:

OH COME ON.

AMEN!

Easy big fella, appealing to someone else's emotions to get them to do something might actually be love (see my sig). There are two ways to look at it: constructive and destructive. I care for you, you're a couch potato, I woo you off the couch. What do you think about that? (Not an offer, just illustration.)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Easy big fella, appealing to someone else's emotions to get them to do something might actually be love (see my sig). There are two ways to look at it: constructive and destructive. I care for you, you're a couch potato, I woo you off the couch. What do you think about that? (Not an offer, just illustration.)

not manipulation

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think you're a little too liberal in your interpretation of what constitutes manipulation. As I said earlier, Fe is about affecting others, provoking a particular response. This in and of itself is not manipulative, but its a skill that can potentially be utilized for such an end.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're a little too liberal in your interpretation of what constitutes manipulation. As I said earlier, Fe is about affecting others, provoking a particular response. This in and of itself is not manipulative, but its a skill that can potentially be utilized for such an end.

exactly, that is usually manipulative.

G

Ginkgo

not manipulation

Awww, INFP! :hug:

AMEN!

So here's a good question:

Even if Fe is somehow manipulative (which it isn't. PEOPLE ARE MANIPULATIVE .)

Is manipulation necessarily malicious?

If it is not necessarily malicious, then why is there a stigma about it?

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not at all. I can think of numerous cases where it would not be manipulative:

- praising someone to make them understand they are appreciated
- hugging a friend to console them when they are upset
- helping a neighbour move house so as to ease their burden
- encouraging a friend to pursue their dream career so that they might achieve greater happiness

I'm not saying Fi-users don't do these things, they just do it for different reasons. Fi users are more about principles or making the effort, whereas Fe feels more personally invested in acheiving a particular result. Fe users are more about the ends and Fi is about the means. This is why Fe users (particularly Fe dom/aux) are known for being proponents of change.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
that's just a nicer way to say manipulation. framing it differently does not make it not manipulation. sugar coated poison is still poison

Of course, I do understand I'm apllying a sugar-coated terminology here. The problem is the way how you framed "manipulation" toward Fe users is a blantant generalization.

Ne and Fe are not alike at all

I know. What I'm trying to illustrate here there are both positive and negative aspects in both, but you seem to fail on acknowledge the positive impact on Fe, that's all.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not at all. I can think of numerous cases where it would not be manipulative:

- praising someone to make them understand they are appreciated
- hugging a friend to console them when they are upset
- helping a neighbour move house so as to ease their burden
- encouraging a friend to pursue their dream career so that they might achieve greater happiness

I'm not saying Fi-users don't do these things, they just do it for different reasons. Fi users are more about principles or making the effort, whereas Fe feels more personally invested in acheiving a particular result. Fe users are more about the ends and Fi is about the means. This is why Fe users (particularly Fe dom/aux) are known for being proponents of change.

+1.

Exactly as what Southern Kross mentioned. The above highlighted description is what I appreciate on Fe and have applied in numerous occasions to empower people. It's really a gift for INFJs to have an ability to sense people who are troubled with their own issues while not able to remove their shells. I have seen many positive change among my friends, students, and relatives after I've applied Fe to allow them to open up and thus helping their underlying issues.

I know how and why it can be seen as a manipulation, but those who've gained benefits from Fe users will know that it is indeed a manipulation for greater cause, instead of being exclusively toxic nor poisonious.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course, I do understand I'm apllying a sugar-coated terminology here. The problem is the way how you framed "manipulation" toward Fe users is a blantant generalization.
I know. What I'm trying to illustrate here there are both positive and negative aspects in both, but you seem to fail on acknowledge the positive impact on Fe, that's all.

I'm well aware of Fe's positive capabilities, however, this thread is about the negative aspects of Fe. if you'd like to talk about the positive aspects of Fe, one would suggest starting a new thread to do so

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm well aware of Fe's positive capabilities, however, this thread is about the negative aspects of Fe. if you'd like to talk about the positive aspects of Fe, one would suggest starting a new thread to do so

So one is not allowed to share one's opinion of a discussion? Wow, just wow.

I am not denying the negative aspects of Fe, but it seems you specifically mentions how NFJs are capable of abusing manipulations poorly, I thought I have a right to defend it based on NFJs P.O.V.

Btw, what's mail-mailing? I seem to have troubles understanding your self-created obscure terms. :)