• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Irritated with my own lack of Fe

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting description here. I may be looking at Fe-Fi differences all wrong, actually. (I would be delighted to be wrong in this instance! :D)

Gotta think about this stuff. :)

well i might not be totally correct, lol... that is just how i see Fe as i understand it manifest in the Fe-dominants i actually know... and what i've come to understand from talking with Fe dom/aux on the site. the two easy shorthand terms i use for Fi/Fe are "about me"/"about you" and "intrapersonal/interpersonal". the "about __" seems to me where a lot of each of the function's issues come from. like Fi can be really self-absorbed - not necessarily even with oneself, but with a self - it's not very good at considering synergistic effects between people - but Fe can have this weird problem of thinking that all your behavior is about someone else. like you're expressing anger because you're mad at them, when really you're expressing it because you're upset with yourself. or with the more stereotypical examples, like if you forget to send a birthday card, then it's about not caring about the birthday person, instead of just you have a terrible memory and lost your calendar. and then for intra/inter - Fi likes to delve into individual persons. the self is our proving ground, but we can do it with others, too. whereas Fe likes to explore the links between people. it's good at how to create or destroy distance between people, etc.

so basically then the way i picture it is Fi looks at people from the inside out, while Fe looks at them from the outside in. Fi starts with "about me" and then from the perspective of "me" looks at everyone else. whereas Fe starts with the perspective of "about you" and then from that perspective looks at "me". which is why Fe doms can understand others so well... because they've been concentrating on others and the space between themselves and others all their lives. so they are very good at using those tactics in that cognitiveprocesses definition - "The 'social graces,' such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling".

also i think the lack of a Pi agenda is a big factor in interaction. Js usually have a predetermined agenda, whereas Ps often... float. we figure our goals out as we go. so a Fe dom or aux will almost always come to other people with a goal in mind - so they are more experienced at "moving" those people around to line them up to not get in the way of their goal (or even to help their goal), whereas Ps don't really do that, and when we finally get into a situation where we want/need to, we are like wtf?

in general i think what i understand best of Fe, i've picked up from watching my mom and good Fe dominant friend... and also like vala and LL have said, "mirroring".

By the way, I don't want my posts to sound like I am down about Fi - because ultimately I do love who I am - it's just there are times that I feel out of my element... when I think I shouldn't be so out of my element... Am I making any sense?

:) I'll think on this.

yeah totally. it's being a good people person sometimes but also being completely :huh: sometimes!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
its not Fi ispired Fe, because you are using your internal judgment on judging the value value, its simply Fi that has been empathized(by Ne) or/and Ne abstracted(by Fi).

would you care about its value to other person if the person(or the situation being smooth for you and people you do care about) didnt have any value for you? or would you dislike to mirror someone who is pissed off?

Actually, it's a learned choice. When I was younger, I mirrored, period. I didn't have control over it, which is what makes Fi such a painful motherf***. After a while, that automatic natural response, if you learn to look closer at it and focus on it, becomes something you can stop, much like a kneejerk reflex that you focus on, to stop it from responding. So yes, when I was younger, and even now, when I'm too tired or not paying attention, I mirror anger. A learned behavior is to not mirror but show remorse when someone yells *at* me in rage. That was drilled into me by my mother and surroundings and makes me incredibly resentful in the process. Nowadays, when someone's projecting anger at me, I'm able to consciously disable the kneejerk anger mirrorring response through the empathetic info I get (oh he's pissy about this and this) and channel and transform that original rage into calmness, aided by the understanding I gained through experience and Fi, to then consciously and deliberately project that calmness back at the subject, in an effort to get him to unconsciously be influenced by it so he can get passed the anger and actually do something about the problem, instead of projecting onto me.

This is why I earlier on stated that Fi to me is about actually reading peoples feelings accurately and in depth as you mirror them in their raw state, but not necessarily a) understanding the feeling you're mirrorring or b) guaranteeing being able, like Fe, to handle those feelings in a socially acceptable way. That part takes time...and a looooooooot of practice.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really good information here. It does make sense that I am still using internal feeling to weigh up the value. I think I have been focusing too much on the behavior/outcome instead of the process at work. It absolutely fascinates me that you guys are able to break down your actions and motivations like this... because I just seem to act, without giving a whole lot of thought to how the process breaks down. Infact, when I really think about it.. I think I tend spend far more time analyzing others behaviors than my own. Is that strange?

Also, the Fe being smoother, more consistent, more socially acceptable.. is exactly what I wish I was able to do. I don't go into social situations very quietly (unfortunately!) I tend to share things about my life that most people would never share, but also keep very simple things to myself that others wouldn't. I also hate.. absolutely HATE being with people in alot of grief over someone passing away.. because I just NEVER seem to say the right thing, but I always feel like I should say something! My friends perceive me as quite a charactor, and a bit eccentric ... and I am thankful that they think it is good and not bad. I think that I am at my worst when dealing with people in authorative positions. I just NEVER can seem to sense the appropriate interaction.. and fall hard on the "there shit stinks just as much as mine does" side of it.

Perfect example of how my lack of Fe gets me into trouble: I was working for a company that I had been at for about 4 years when they decided to do some management shifting and bring in a new head-hauncho from back east. I was outside one day with a group of co-workers, discussing (okay bitching) about how ineffective and incompetent some of the processes and management was. Head hauncho decides to join our group, but none of us knew who he was. Everyone else shuts the hell up... but not me.. oh no.. I continue to bloviate on about the problems. Finally he looks at me and starts asking me detailed questions about certain departments, people.. and I just don't hold back, basically giving him all the dirt and my perception of everything thats wrong. He thanks me and goes inside. An hour later we have a huge company meeting (with over 300 of us) and he takes the podium and is introduced as the new center manager. I almost fucking fainted.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Perfect example of how my lack of Fe gets me into trouble: I was working for a company that I had been at for about 4 years when they decided to do some management shifting and bring in a new head-hauncho from back east. I was outside one day with a group of co-workers, discussing (okay bitching) about how ineffective and incompetent some of the processes and management was. Head hauncho decides to join our group, but none of us knew who he was. Everyone else shuts the hell up... but not me.. oh no.. I continue to bloviate on about the problems. Finally he looks at me and starts asking me detailed questions about certain departments, people.. and I just don't hold back, basically giving him all the dirt and my perception of everything thats wrong. He thanks me and goes inside. An hour later we have a huge company meeting (with over 300 of us) and he takes the podium and is introduced as the new center manager. I almost fucking fainted.

In this story, my "N" would have told me, "OK, wait, you don't know who this guy is so you better error on the side of caution. Find out who he is and what he's all about first, and then proceed with your storytelling." It would have been my intuition presenting me with "possibilities" (worst case scenarios) that would have prevented me from saying those things. Fe would have been secondary.

Whenever I'm talking with friends or co-workers and someone new walks up that I don't know, my Ne always goes, "Alert. Alert. Gather data about new person before saying too much."

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, My "N" has worked that way for me many times as well. Just not in this situation =D I may have been allowing Fi (that a value of mine was crossed in poor business process that affected the employees) go awry. I've also heard ne when used as an aux function can be used as a safeguard by exploring more dangerous or negative possibilites.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe: The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

Okay... I am curious how many dom/aux Fi users relate to Fe?

The reason I ask this is because I have come to really, REALLY appreciate Fe in the last few years. I do NOT doubt my Fi at all. So please don't bring it into question unless you think you've got a some serious insight on this and me, and well.. even then i ask you PM me.

Sometimes.. when I look over much of the teens and twenties, I am dissappointed in what I'd almost consider a lack of Fe. It's become glaringly apparent in recent times just how important extroverting feeling really is. Things like not showing up to birthdays or family gatherings, not taking the time to send people I love cards or letters, allowing great distances to develop between myself and the people I love very much.. I almost feel as though I've been very selfish and childish. Fe just seems like such a neccessary factor is maintaing good relations. But it goes even beyond that, beyond wanting community and harmony and connection.. I sometimes ask myself.. Have I shown enough love? Do these people really know where they stand with me? What could possibly be more important than this? And I come up empty handed. And while it is not my natural tendency to extovert feelings and I would never want to be anything other than what I am, I question if who I am is really a person so engrossed in my own feelings/values that I can ignore very simple, tangible displays of affection that just might mean the world to someone else.

Have any of you Fi users noticed anything like this?

*THREAD NOT INTENDED TO BECOME A FE/FI BATTLE*

general good manners are important to a lot of Fi/Te users. the biggest difference I've noticed is that Fe users tend to focus more on what to do while Te users focus on what not to do
FJ: "we need to do this" "I should do this" "you're supposed to do this"
there is more of a sense of unity often a sense of obligation to the group. Fe users feel they need to go the extra mile and expect others to do the same

TJ: "that would be inconsiderate" "how rude" "that's disrespectful"
Fi/Te users don't have the sense of obligation or duty present in Fe users. they're more concerned with being honorable and respectful and not doing anything that would be unpleasant or inconsiderate. unlike Fe users, Fi/Te users are more objective with their responsibilities. if they have to do something, they don't feel like they have to do more once they're finished. that's not to say that they won't do more, but they won't feel like they HAVE to do more if they don't want to.

I run into trouble with my FJ parents because they are in this constant state of helpfulness while I just want to know what I need to do so I can get it done and be over with it.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*not an enfp

I do see a bit of this in myself. However, it might be my enneagram type that is doing the talking. It is because it has been a behavior of mine since I was a kid. I liked going to family gatherings. I sometimes rather defer to other people because I'm not happy if other people aren't happy. Family (and extended family being relatives) is important to me. Things like family fighting for petty reasons annoy the heck out of me. And if I can defer to someone else in my family without needing to fight for something, I will gladly do so.

I can even spew up all these lines to prove it.

"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind."

See?!!!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Another interesting social situation I've noticed that really, really irritates me is with certain extroverted Fi/Te users. I think it's because I'm an introverted Fe user (social interaction demands my full attention, I'm very focused and don't like to be interrupted), but when I'm talking to someone, having a conversation, or getting to know somebody - we're just standing there having a nice conversation to ourselves and all the sudden an extroverted Fi user will just barge into the conversation and totally interrupt right in the middle of someone's sentence.

Person X: Yeah, it was really good to meet you. If you come to the area again, you should get in contact with us.
Me: Definitely. I'll probably be back in the area in about.................
Extroverted Fi user walks up (from nowhere): OMG, person X, where did you go? We've all been looking for you!
Me (in my head): Are you freakin' serious?

That is soooo rude to me. It's like the ultimate signal to me that the person is almost incapable of controlling themselves and their impulses - there is no regard for what is happening around them. I'm not saying that all extroverted Fi users do this, I'm just saying that I've had it happen with a few of them. Sometimes it seems like they want attention and sometimes it seems like they just don't realize what they are doing. In that situation above, when I got interrupted, I just stopped right in the middle of my sentence and walked away to go talk to someone else, because at that point Ti over-ruled Fe. Ti just goes, "Buh bye." And then the extroverted Fi person was looking at me from a distance like they maybe finally realized what they did. Arrrgh, it's just so rude. One of those things that really gets under my skin. I know I have my quirks too, however. :D

A

Anew Leaf

Really good information here. It does make sense that I am still using internal feeling to weigh up the value. I think I have been focusing too much on the behavior/outcome instead of the process at work. It absolutely fascinates me that you guys are able to break down your actions and motivations like this... because I just seem to act, without giving a whole lot of thought to how the process breaks down. Infact, when I really think about it.. I think I tend spend far more time analyzing others behaviors than my own. Is that strange?

Also, the Fe being smoother, more consistent, more socially acceptable.. is exactly what I wish I was able to do. I don't go into social situations very quietly (unfortunately!) I tend to share things about my life that most people would never share, but also keep very simple things to myself that others wouldn't. I also hate.. absolutely HATE being with people in alot of grief over someone passing away.. because I just NEVER seem to say the right thing, but I always feel like I should say something! My friends perceive me as quite a charactor, and a bit eccentric ... and I am thankful that they think it is good and not bad. I think that I am at my worst when dealing with people in authorative positions. I just NEVER can seem to sense the appropriate interaction.. and fall hard on the "there shit stinks just as much as mine does" side of it.

I see this as more of an extravert issue rather than Fi. Even if I was extremely frustrated with the company I worked for... as soon as an unknown data sample walked into the arena, I would be quiet until I could ascertain where they stood on certain issues. I have seen a lot of ENPs do this kind of stuff where I want to yank them back from the edge of the abyss before they get too far.

Example, one of my ENTP friends is known for his hilarious but often inappropriate jokes. He was at a bachelor party a few years back and he heard someone say "Cerebral Palsy". Without knowing ANY of the context of this, he makes this weird noise and does some spazzy moves. The entire table of 20 men stopped talking and stared at him in horror. The context, he later found out, was that someone's brother had just been diagnosed. The ENTP felt horrible about it but ultimately couldn't say much other than, "hey... so I am kind of a jerk at times..."

The first rule of anything is: know thy audience*. :)

*In relaxed social situations I am not always as good with this so I am not trying to slam the ENXPs of the world here. ;) I have my moments where I go off on some subject to find that someone in my audience feels/thinks/has done differently. Oops! I try to not indulge into too much pure Ne mode... because that is where my mouth starts writing checks I just can't cash.

Just my INFP two cents on you crazy, crazy extraverts! :)

A

Anew Leaf

Actually, it's a learned choice. When I was younger, I mirrored, period. I didn't have control over it, which is what makes Fi such a painful motherf***. After a while, that automatic natural response, if you learn to look closer at it and focus on it, becomes something you can stop, much like a kneejerk reflex that you focus on, to stop it from responding. So yes, when I was younger, and even now, when I'm too tired or not paying attention, I mirror anger. A learned behavior is to not mirror but show remorse when someone yells *at* me in rage. That was drilled into me by my mother and surroundings and makes me incredibly resentful in the process. Nowadays, when someone's projecting anger at me, I'm able to consciously disable the kneejerk anger mirrorring response through the empathetic info I get (oh he's pissy about this and this) and channel and transform that original rage into calmness, aided by the understanding I gained through experience and Fi, to then consciously and deliberately project that calmness back at the subject, in an effort to get him to unconsciously be influenced by it so he can get passed the anger and actually do something about the problem, instead of projecting onto me.

This is why I earlier on stated that Fi to me is about actually reading peoples feelings accurately and in depth as you mirror them in their raw state, but not necessarily a) understanding the feeling you're mirrorring or b) guaranteeing being able, like Fe, to handle those feelings in a socially acceptable way. That part takes time...and a looooooooot of practice.

Interesting. I never thought of it as mirroring per se. I just kind of attributed it to being empathic with people.

Explains why I dislike dating men who get angry easily. I don't like being angry myself. :)

A

Anew Leaf

well i might not be totally correct, lol... that is just how i see Fe as i understand it manifest in the Fe-dominants i actually know... and what i've come to understand from talking with Fe dom/aux on the site. the two easy shorthand terms i use for Fi/Fe are "about me"/"about you" and "intrapersonal/interpersonal". the "about __" seems to me where a lot of each of the function's issues come from. like Fi can be really self-absorbed - not necessarily even with oneself, but with a self - it's not very good at considering synergistic effects between people - but Fe can have this weird problem of thinking that all your behavior is about someone else. like you're expressing anger because you're mad at them, when really you're expressing it because you're upset with yourself. or with the more stereotypical examples, like if you forget to send a birthday card, then it's about not caring about the birthday person, instead of just you have a terrible memory and lost your calendar. and then for intra/inter - Fi likes to delve into individual persons. the self is our proving ground, but we can do it with others, too. whereas Fe likes to explore the links between people. it's good at how to create or destroy distance between people, etc.

so basically then the way i picture it is Fi looks at people from the inside out, while Fe looks at them from the outside in. Fi starts with "about me" and then from the perspective of "me" looks at everyone else. whereas Fe starts with the perspective of "about you" and then from that perspective looks at "me". which is why Fe doms can understand others so well... because they've been concentrating on others and the space between themselves and others all their lives. so they are very good at using those tactics in that cognitiveprocesses definition - "The 'social graces,' such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling".

also i think the lack of a Pi agenda is a big factor in interaction. Js usually have a predetermined agenda, whereas Ps often... float. we figure our goals out as we go. so a Fe dom or aux will almost always come to other people with a goal in mind - so they are more experienced at "moving" those people around to line them up to not get in the way of their goal (or even to help their goal), whereas Ps don't really do that, and when we finally get into a situation where we want/need to, we are like wtf?

in general i think what i understand best of Fe, i've picked up from watching my mom and good Fe dominant friend... and also like vala and LL have said, "mirroring".

yeah totally. it's being a good people person sometimes but also being completely :huh: sometimes!

I like the way you worded it. That makes a lot of sense to me. Hi, can I hire you as my type interpretor please? :D

I think my biggest blind spot at times is when I am talking to people who have a problem, I automatically try their emotions on through my perspective... and I have to switch it up and try to think about it more from their perspective.

This also helps explain further why I was so angry with my dad for wanting to date/remarry so soon after my mom passed away. I was looking at it through the lens of "If I did this after my spouse died, what would it mean?" instead of "What is my dad's perspective and thought process in regards to this."

The last lightbulb in my brain just dinged to "on."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. I never thought of it as mirroring per se. I just kind of attributed it to being empathic with people.

Explains why I dislike dating men who get angry easily. I don't like being angry myself. :)

Hehe, yeah, I can see that. I can appreciate the passion that 'angry' men display, but not if they don't have control over it. Then it's just like having a 5 year old elephant storming through the room :rolli:

Keep in mind though that you're INFP and I'm (most likely) ENFP. I use aux Fi, which is the parent role. It means that I use Fi to 'love' others. To take care of others, whereas you connect with others through Ne (more joking and bantering). You live Fi, while I live Ne. I'll banter and be random and crazy all by myself and don't need to 'click' with someone to flip my silly switch (though it most definitely can be fun as well). In fact, I find that when I'm in Ne mode, it's harder to access Fi and 'read' others which can make me go overboard without realizing others are bothered by it. I try to avoid that, by using Fi to reach out to others. I always find it interesting that when INFPs finally let loose and connect to others, they can joke and banter and make everyone laugh..I'm even a bit jealous of it ;)

A

Anew Leaf

Hehe, yeah, I can see that. I can appreciate the passion that 'angry' men display, but not if they don't have control over it. Then it's just like having a 5 year old elephant storming through the room :rolli:

Keep in mind though that you're INFP and I'm (most likely) ENFP. I use aux Fi, which is the parent role. It means that I use Fi to 'love' others. To take care of others, whereas you connect with others through Ne (more joking and bantering). You live Fi, while I live Ne. I'll banter and be random and crazy all by myself and don't need to 'click' with someone to flip my silly switch (though it most definitely can be fun as well). In fact, I find that when I'm in Ne mode, it's harder to access Fi and 'read' others which can make me go overboard without realizing others are bothered by it. I try to avoid that, by using Fi to reach out to others. I always find it interesting that when INFPs finally let loose and connect to others, they can joke and banter and make everyone laugh..I'm even a bit jealous of it ;)

Haha, yes I can be quite the class clown type when I am hanging out with my friends. Especially (and I usually do) if there are some other NPs in the crowd as well.

Fi is a pretty land. I have a herd of unicorns that trot through daily, and my flock of doves look like a rainbow. My Ne shrubbery maze is where the party is at however. Lots going on there. Some things I don't even want to know about. Feel (haha) free to pop by sometime. I can show you the flower garden. I just planted some dinner plate dahlias.

:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, my Ne provides a fantasy land where popsicles pop like daisies from the ground, chocolate candy rains from the skies and I get to try out the craziest recipes ever. Aside from that, I can teleport from my Pillow Fort to my Blue Lagoon, to any other awesome location I can just think up and change within a second from Seductress to Crazy Kitty, Wise Woman, Ominous Witch, Champion of Justice to Fragile little Flower, and have thorns emerging when least expected :D

With people though, I try to always provide a safe haven for them to be who they are. For them to unwind. To not have to pretend for a moment and give them a chance to recharge. An oasis of peace, entertainment, love, and nourishment, free from judgement, responsibilities and pressure. A much earned reprieve from a very demanding world :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ :yes:

The bigger the groups, the harder it is, the more effort it requires (more people to scan) and the bigger the head ache. I have to remind myself that superficial scans are all I need as I tend to be too thorough, causing me to take *forever* to scan a group and giving me all kinds of irreconcilable information, causing even more headaches. The key is to look for the common denominator and the crude, main headlines/patterns within the group. Not my favorite way of working, but it substantially decreases the head aches and confusion

A-fucking-men! Tell it! ;D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, my Ne provides a fantasy land where popsicles pop like daisies from the ground, chocolate candy rains from the skies and I get to try out the craziest recipes ever. Aside from that, I can teleport from my Pillow Fort to my Blue Lagoon, to any other awesome location I can just think up and change within a second from Seductress to Crazy Kitty, Wise Woman, Ominous Witch, Champion of Justice to Fragile little Flower, and have thorns emerging when least expected :D

With people though, I try to always provide a safe haven for them to be who they are. For them to unwind. To not have to pretend for a moment and give them a chance to recharge. An oasis of peace, entertainment, love, and nourishment, free from judgement, responsibilities and pressure. A much earned reprieve from a very demanding world :)

Dude. Seriously. Why can't I know someone cool like you IRL who 'gets it'????

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude. Seriously. Why can't I know someone cool like you IRL who 'gets it'????

I've wondered the same about you :hug:

It would be nice to know at least *one* person irl who is a) a girl and b) does not require me to reign my craziness in all the time :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs dont use Fe, but they have other ways of getting the same results. ENFPs tend to mirror others strongly(small study showed that much more than any other types), in other words use empathy. this puts them into same position in many situations than usage of Fe would, same result, different way of getting to it.

I use Fe all the time, it's just only with those close to me (everyone else sees my icy Te/3w4 front lol). honestly, I would use Fe a lot more if my ego weren't like "ugh, I feel like a disgusting leech using this emotional whore of a function" I think a lot of NFPs have good Fe, but we don't go around puking it all over people like EFJs do (we puke Ne on people lol). lots of NFPs are excellent care takers who are great at catering to their loved one's needs and offering emotional support and encouragement. just ask Viridian or Hazeshin, I use plenty of Fe with them :yes:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I use Fe all the time, it's just only with those close to me (everyone else sees my icy Te/3w4 front lol). honestly, I would use Fe a lot more if my ego weren't like "ugh, I feel like a disgusting leech using this emotional whore of a function" I think a lot of NFPs have good Fe, but we don't go around puking it all over people like EFJs do (we puke Ne on people lol). lots of NFPs are excellent care takers who are great at catering to their loved one's needs and offering emotional support and encouragement. just ask Viridian or Hazeshin, I use plenty of Fe with them :yes:

Fe isnt about emotional whoring, care taking, catering, replying to others needs or offering emotional support or encouragement. F = answering to questions "what is it worth/is it worth it or not?", in extraverted attitude, you are looking at the question based on external standards, in introverted attitude, you are looking at this based on internal standards. underlined proofs that its not Fe you are using, you are doing the judgment about this stuff based on your internal standards. naturally internal standards can tell you about external stuff if you have judged(or adapted an judgment about) value of external things, that is based on internal standards. Fi = do i think doing this is the right thing to do, Fe = this is the right thing to do. but Fi links itself with Te and Fe links itself with Ti