• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] How can ENFJ be both charming and clueless at the same time?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have an ENFJ friend who is incredibly charming. Wherever he goes, the men admire and follow him and the women act like they are besotted.

But when it comes to understanding people and their motivations, he seems completely clueless. He doesn't understand when people are trying to deceive him. If someone gets mad at him he just looks mystified. He doesn't seem to understand any of the complaints that are being made against him. Usually he just apologizes and pours on more charm, (which usually works).

My question is: How can someone who is so good at charming people be so bad at truly understanding people? It doesn't make any sense to me. Don't you need to understand people to charm them?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Sorry, seemed to post this twice and can't seem to figure out how to get rid of this one.