• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Best type for INFJs

Best type for INFJ? (INFJ only)

• ESTP

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ENTJ

• ENTP

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • INTP

• ENFJ

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. I've seen many sites claiming either ENTP or INFP (or at times ENFP) as the most compatible type. Though I would like to hear from INJFs specifically.

Please choose only one type which you find as the most compatible and why.

Other types are more than welcome to join the discussion, except for voting. ;)

Edit: Please state "voted" if you have done so! :))

Last edited:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm with an INFP, so I'm going to hold my vote because I'm biased :blush:

I can totally imagine the NTP attraction, though. I think it also depends on what you need from a relationship. It's like a different color, if you will. Can't objectively say red is better than blue. It's a matter of preference :)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i voted for entp. seems most achievable and likely to work well for me (tho i'm a male 5w4 sx/sp infj).

seems like less miscommunication, and potentially a more practically successful relationship, and more balanced between assertive and passive problem-solving and advancement than enfps for me. in other words, i think it just becomes clear much much quicker that there could be very strong chemistry, and the process at this point seems like it works much better (but that may also be because the expectations and communication align more easily so there's less confusion and wrong signals). with enfps i feel like it's more mysterious and almost random (difficult to predict) whereas entp-infj just has that immediate, feels like home, transparent sense. enfps replace this feeling of sense with emotional connection so the shared acceptance and emotional energy is great. enfps probably have been more archetypally idealized to me, and i think that has to do also, tho, with wanting emotional grounding and emotional connection/vulnerability in a relationship (because it's a difficult thing to find and share with someone and runs counter to most gender expectations). with that said, i LIKE them both equally, i think, on the whole, and conversations with the enps of both types i know are pretty much my favorite thing ever. tho i'm still not sure if 7s work out for me over time (and i think i also like 4w5 infps quite a bit too and would be very open to that).

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't know the best type for INFJs. IME though, I tend to click with xNTPs like legos.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Btw I'm not trying to stereotype the types but to get a general consensus from TypeC INFJs members, that's all! ;)

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Voted :)
I'm married to an ENTP. I just recently found out my type and coaxed my husband to do a test too. I used to call him "My champion" funnily enough prior to knowing his "type"...
I love his warmth, positivity and him taking action so readily. It's a relief to me that his interaction takes some of the social pressures off me but that he also takes time away from being social. He sometimes pushes me out of my comfort zone, but in a good way. He also supports me in my endeavors. And he's hot too. :wubbie: I love the fact he HAS VALUES. He has depth of feeling and is caring and just...good.
The negatives are that we both are awful at taking care of the mundane day to day things like taxes and insurances and...I don't even know...sock ironing.:newwink: And sometimes we both overextend for other people to the point it creates some strain between us. We can also mutually reinforce a negative view we sometimes have of people when either of use feels taken advantage of by someone.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
This is kind of a generic question, but I would say, generalizing broadly, probably ENFPs, INFPs, ENFJs, other INFJs (I guess that's all the NF types)...ENTPs...Maybe ESTP if you can get past the shallow shadow thing and make a relationship of it...I also really like ISFPs and ISFJs, I've found.

lane777

nevermore
I won't vote, because I can't choose just one. However, I'm very drawn to ENTPs, INFJs, ENFJs, ENFPs, INTJs and ENTJs. Other types don't hold my interest.

Beyond those mentioned, I think it comes down to individuality for me.

Last edited:

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have read INTP's, INFJ's, ENTP's or ESTP's are the best.... (which is nice, as this increases the likelihood of my finding a soulmate)

So far, I have fallen in love with an INTP and an INFJ... but had a hard time realizing how much they meant to me, until they were gone. My relationships seem to go down in the whole Gone with the WInd sort of way... and I never realize how much I love my men until they are gone :(

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted for ISFJ, to be controversial. Although, I'm really not sure. I do like ISFJs.

I don't actually think I've had the opportunity to become attracted to many N guys, though I think think there have been a couple of ENTPs - or, I'd say one definite ENTP and a probable INTP. I don't think I've ever dated or even crushed on an NF guy, but I think they're relatively few in number. Unless my ex was an INFP, but I think he was probably ISFP.

Unfortunately, I think I've run up against a lot of xSTJs who just did not get me. ;) Though if they made the effort (and I did too, of course) I think ISTJ could work. Not so sure about ESTJ.

I feel like I have to qualify everything, but here's a stab at best types:

ISFJ - if they had a sense of fun and tolerance of my flights of fancy, love of poetry etc
ISTJ - much the same as above and sufficiently emotionally aware
ENTP - if they weren't arrogant and flighty, which I have to say I think is a problem for this type
ENFP - if they weren't flirty and flighty, which I have to say I think is a problem for this type ;)
INTP - if sufficiently emotionally aware and not too oblivious
ENTJ - if not too harsh or domineering
ESTP - if extremely mature, but I don't know...it would be challenging...
ENFJ - sounds pretty great actually but they're not supposed to be the best match for INFJ...argh!

I DON'T KNOW!!! ;) Honestly, I would rather just meet someone who I'm attracted to, the feeling is mutual, and we seem good for each other, then figure out their type, and work with what we've got ;)

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I voted ENFJ, because my best relationships not only romantically but friend wise have been with ENFJs.

I cant stand to be around ENTPs or ENTPs or INFPs for too long after a while they really grate my nerves.

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Wow... interesting... if God said to me "I will make you a man in an personality type you desire... just so you can stop looking" or something... :p I would probably request a *ntp.... but he would have to make me samples of the extroverted rational perceiver and the introverted one.... just so I could make a final decision....

The INFJ I fell in love with was great, but, we were both feelers, and while when the emotions were good, they were GREAT, when they were bad, they were very painful.... :/

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's hard to say about the whole T/F thing. To me that's almost the biggest sticking point - I have very strong Fe and any MBTI tests I take, my F is always consistently very very strong (E/I, S/N and J/P can waver a bit or are close splits).

It sometimes seems as though a lot of guys are overly emo Fs, or emotionally blind Ts!! ;)

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
All my relationships have been with NF's of some type, though I only knew about myers-briggs for the last one. Of all of them, ENFP was probably the most compatible. Now if only they weren't so damn flighty.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have been in relationships with an ESTP, ENFP, ENFJ, and now INTJ :wubbie:.

I'm not going to vote, even though my relationship with the INTJ has been the most rewarding and without question, best one to date. I also can't objectively say an INTJ is the 'best type' for an INFJ.. because that's simply not true. I don't think there IS a 'best type' for a particular type; it falls on the two individuals' preferences. Although..I do think there are a handful of types that are much 'easier' for us for different reasons, and another handful that will be a lot more difficult with much less commonality to work with.

IF I weren't already involved with someone, the types I could see working well for me and what I'm wanting out of a relationship (for different reasons) are: INTJ, ENTP, ENFP, INTP, ENTJ. *Maybe* ENFJ... but a less feelery, balanced one where we didn't fall into the mutually-counseling-and-mostly-platonic-dynamic. Maybe ISTP.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Out of 16 votes so far, 11 votes goes to NF types.

Interesting.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Out of 16 votes so far, 11 votes goes to NF types.

Interesting.

Well jeez, now I feel like voting just because NF's tend to be who I'm least drawn to, romantically. ;)

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well jeez, now I feel like voting just because NF's tend to be who I'm least drawn to, romantically. ;)

Lately, I'm curious to learn about NT or SP types. Though I still couldn't tell ENFP adn ENTP apart, I think it's worth a try! ;)

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

LOL. +1 I've had quite a few NF guy friends, and they tend to get friend-zoned almost immediately.

@ the op: while I think there is something to be said for the NTP/NFJ dynamic- or the Ni dom/Ne dom one- overall I'm not sure I can really see one type or another being best for most INFJs.

Last edited: