• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Dreams determine my mood

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Dreaming has usually determined how my mood will be for the day. If you ask a shrink, they might tell you I'm just not in touch with reality, even though I am because I know the difference between my reality and my dreams. I mean, who are they to decide what is my reality anyway? :p

I had a nostalgic dream, as if I've had it before when I was much younger. I remember being in a tree house with one window and tattered sheets for curtains and little kids running in and out all day.

My sister ran into the tree house to tell me that mom and dad wanted us home and I screamed and threw a fit but eventually went with her. As we were walking home, I kept staring at the houses to see the differences and started noticing the colors and patterns of each one until I reached one with different shades and odd textures to the siding and roof. My sister also noticed and nudged me, as if to hint that we should knock on the door. Well, we didn't have to. Someone opened the door wearing a long thick shawl and ratty thick tangled black hair. She greeted us like she was an aunt, very sweet and inviting and not a hint of deception or creepiness.

We obliged and took her hand and walked into a beautiful living room with wooden bunnies, fake stuffed cats, teddy bears, ribbons, brooms, jars of herbs and candy and tiny coldrons lined the mantel with different candies inside. My eyes really felt wide looking at this and taking it all in. She led us around her house, showing us what she had created, explaining every tiny detail. I ignored it all until she mentioned the word "spell" she started to explain that she created candy and toys with spells cast upon them, nothing too harmful but mostly for children who wanted to get back at their enemies, ranging from our ages to 16. That was her policy, though. No one over the age of 16.

The two of them walked ahead of me and I drifted off into a different room, her bedroom where there were tons of boxes full of chocolate bears and rabbits. They were different hues, ranging from special dark to very light in color. Then to the caramel colored. My mouth was watering and I cracked a bear open and licked the inside and opened my mouth to start eating but my hand was pulled by the lady and she yelled; "That is the misery spell!" and I dropped it immediately. My sister grabbed one behind the lady's back and actually ate it. She knew my sister ate it and told her that her stomach was going to shrivel up for an hour until she burped a massive bubble, too thick to pop that would float through her mouth into the air, containing her stomach's contents. My sister held her stomach and squinted. I liked being in this house, with these neat little creations the witch made.

We left the bedroom and walked toward the kitchen which had a few huge freezers. I asked what she had in the freezers and she looked at me and smile, then walked over to one and pulled out stuffed toy cat and handed it to me. She told me to keep it but to preview what it would do. I held it close and told her that I didn't want to test it out, and for her to not touch me. She smiled again and understood and told me that there was a secret velcro closure on the cat's belly.

I didn't know what to think, everything, the sights the smells I had taken in confused me with delight. I felt my hand slowly picking at the velcro opening then quickly opening it to find hundreds of tiny cat shaped chocolate candies. She chimed in that the chocolates were for peace, and to give them to my class mates in school and then after the chocolates were all gone, to keep the mother toy cat for myself. Parts of the fur would crawl into my skin and bless me with knowledge of the world, with protection and bind into me to show me how the world was never the color of a news paper or a magazine but that the world was the color of deep black and red soils and skin and hair and candy.

I was really confused by what she said but shrugged it off. She didn't finish her explanation because a pot in the kitchen started to boil over. I also remember seeing a bunch of candy molds resembling puppies. I had no idea why she used animal shapes for chocolate, it was very odd. These weren't regular candies, though, they were gourmet and the prices were so high.

The last thing I remember was sweeping her wooden floors while occasionally looking up at my toy kitty on the kitchen table and smiling then being inside of a mario game. Lol. My dreams seem to often times switch from one thing to some weird extremity.

Anyway, I want the nfs here to explain their nostalgic dreams that maybe you've had before as a kid and they've reoccurred again. Also, do your dreams determine how you feel the next day?

I'm going to be day dreaming a lot today. : )

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Sometimes dreams can effect my mood too. It doesn't mean that you're not connected to reality. It's just a nudge from your unconscious, telling you something about what you really value of want. If anything, it's a chance to become more connected to what is real.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Sometimes dreams can effect my mood too. It doesn't mean that you're not connected to reality. It's just a nudge from your unconscious, telling you something about what you really value of want. If anything, it's a chance to become more connected to what is real.

I was thinking that, about how refreshed I felt from my dreams. Often, I hate dreaming because it feels like reality but waking from it feels especially great when it's from a nightmare.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was reading Mason & Dixon by Thomas Pynchon one day & there's a part where the characters are in South Africa, it's the late-18th century & they're both from England, they're in Africa taking astronomical measurements on the Transit of Venus for the Royal Society. & they're talking about how for some of the native African tribes, the dream-world is just as real as the real one, how families wake up in the morning & gather to share their dreams & talk about them. Not just what they mean, but as if they were actually real events that happened, & they gossip about the dream world & how it's changing, new developments, give advice about what the dreamer should have done in the dream, what they should do next time.

& one of the characters made the observation that those people live their dreams while we end up denying 1/3rd of our lives, as if sleep were too much like death to bear thinking about. & I thought that was really cool & since then I've wanted to keep a dream journal or get better at remembering my dreams but I never have.

Right now, I'm a shitty dreamer. Or, I only "have dreams" when I'm awake, while when I'm sleeping my mind just scrolls aimlessly thru fields of meaningless nonsense. Things change literally every instant-- i'll be talking to one person, turn my head away & it'll be a different person, then I'll blink & be in a different room, then I'll be running from snipers, etc. I think it's because my consciousness is extremely holistic & extremely scattered at the same time.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dreams can affect my mood, but in a different way. I think about my dreams, try to understand what might be going on in my subcon. When I have had incredibley nostalgic dreams, there seems to be a hidden meaning, something important that lurks beneath it, and connects back to the source. That is how I feel, as though I am reminded that reality is not reality, and that there is a greater, intelligent design at play, and my dreams are a form or bridge back to this source.

A close family member passed away. It had been a while, maybe 6 months, and I had the most surreal, nostalgic dream involving this person. I was driving in an old blue car with the top down, down the coast of southern california by myself. The sun was incredibly bright, and I felt happier than I have most of my life. An old song from the 40's was playing on the the radio (a song that reminded me of this person) I decided to pull off the highway and go to the edge of the coast. I took my shoes off, and put my feet in the water. All of the sudden, the water turned into this sparkling, multi colored substance. It rose up in front of me and started swirling and whirling all around my body, like dancing around me.. and then I realized it was an entity, as in the entity of this person. And it splashed all over me, through me, and everywhere I looked I saw it. It wrapped itself around me, and i felt the most wonderful, amazing feeling through me. I honestly can't convey with words how nostalgic this was. But that dream kept me reeling for a good year.