• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] When your intuition makes you insane

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
NFs have a gift with being able to notice patterns in human behavior, and it's important, you just need to learn to discern the difference between seeing patterns and being able to make intuitive leaps, and simply thinking you're "psychic" or something like that.

Don't be silly, Ms. Dearest - INFJs are the ones who are psychic! :cheese:

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Don't be silly, Ms. Dearest - INFJs are the ones who are psychic! :cheese:

Haha, just about every Infj I've met bases things off of assumptions. Off of their own life and not on others.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Haha, just about every Infj I've met bases things off of assumptions. Off of their own life and not on others.

It was a joke based on INFJ stereotypes. :yes:

I should make a bingo card of specific NFs' stereotypes, to be frank. There are many of those.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2) Your Ne also gives you a great imagination, meaning you have the ability to bullshit your way through things by filling in gaps and tying things together. This is great for writing fiction or doing literary analysis. It's great for creativity.

Exactly!!! Case in point, I was mostly bullshitting when I said that part about people lying in pools of their own blood. I mean, there was a slight kernel of truth in it, but really far less a percentage than there usually is when I say stuff like that, maybe a 10% kernel compared to the avg 40-70%; the main reason I said it was that for some reason I saw an aesthetic value in saying it, I dunno why. Sometimes intuition can lead to exaggerated expression. You say things in an over-the-top way to sound more impactful. Or you think in an over-the-top way to FEEL more of the intensity. Which (getting back to the original post idea) isn't necessarily bad, since it can help you cut immediately thru the bullshit to the hard truth of things. But if you don't check it you'll come to live in a fantasy world, if not a pleasant one then one of darkness, the way a lot of intellectualish people come to project their own darkness onto the outside world.

For me intuition usually leads to fear & neuroses if I don't channel it right away into creativity, humor especially.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I feel ignored..... *floating the place with Fe glibber*

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have an advantage since I by design give a fuck about people

And advantage means here that I dont have to feel the pain they are causing, since I turned my back on them.

It's no real advantage in this sense, its more an escape

I sort of know what you mean. People never really offend me, no matter what they do, partly because I always think they're just doing what comes naturally to them & can't help it, but also because-- & this is kinda what you're talking about-- I just feel disconnected from a lot of humanity in a really fundamental way, so whenever something happens that might make me feel bad I just think, "well, that's just humanity"-- like it can't affect me since I'm separate from it somehow, though I know I'm not. That's one thing I need to work on I think since it holds me back from connecting to people.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I never actually did it because I thoughts its uncool, but I think I should buy myself an ipod and listen to music over the day, I think it could help me:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQs_dv4o3Is"].[/YOUTUBE]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ya and in this case its even worse, here the higher degrees are the ones who get their chance, but the lowe degrees, they have no chance and they dunno what to do. Its as if you feel good but society tells you you aint. Then you only have two options: go crazy and kill them all or hope for society to think of you you are a genius.

Or and thats the unseen option, take your life into your own hands and spoil all that shit

A

Anew Leaf

I try to balance in between Two worlds: reality and myself.

Sometimes my intuition is spot on and other times I am so far off I may as well be trying to observe the moods of a star two galaxies over.

I give people the benefit of the doubt, and usually take into account what they tell me. If I am concerned that someone is upset with me, I will usually start with an observational path, and if needed I will follow up with something direct like, "hey is everything ok?"

Otherwise its far too easy to fall into thinking you know all. ;)

wolfy

awsm
ya and in this case its even worse, here the higher degrees are the ones who get their chance, but the lowe degrees, they have no chance and they dunno what to do. Its as if you feel good but society tells you you aint. Then you only have two options: go crazy and kill them all or hope for society to think of you you are a genius.

Or and thats the unseen option, take your life into your own hands and spoil all that shit

The best option is the unseen one. No matter how crazy I am, I am alright. In the immortal words of House...
Someone "You think you're always right"
House "No, I just find it impossible to function otherwise"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
my girlfriend who is infp today told me after 6 years that she will never throw me out of our apartment. I have learnt something about Fi I think in the last years and I think that was the biggest love proof she ever made to me. Am I right with that or do you think bonzo ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The best option is the unseen one. No matter how crazy I am, I am alright. In the immortal words of House...
Someone "You think you're always right"
House "No, I just find it impossible to function otherwise"

I am prolly the only entp in the world but I hate House he's an idiot. Still he has style, you cant deny that :)

wolfy

awsm
my girlfriend who is infp today told me after 6 years that she will never throw me out of our apartment. I have learnt something about Fi I think in the last years and I think that was the biggest love proof she ever made to me. Am I right with that or do you think bonzo ?

Maybe she will leave herself. Come on, you're the entp, explore all the angles. Hahahaha. Nah, that's sweet.

A

Anew Leaf

Aww :wubbie: she luvs you! She's basically letting you know that no matter how stressed you are, she's gonna stand by you. :)

If you take something like that said by a Fi person... Multiple it by a factor of 100, and then you might be close. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont even think she noticed what she said with what she said, but she said it. :)

I dunno can you even imagine how retarded it is to express your feelings to a Fi-primary that hates Fe-primaries as an Fe tertiary... I have asked this my gf now a billion times, namely: why do you love me ? And all I get is: because I love you

There is no reason, it makes no sense, no bigger plan or conceptual strategy, no systematic construction or inherent logic, just love. Can you deal with that ? I dunno I have always been eager in my life to never take on responsibility and now just one girl comes into your life and tells you she loves you and by that seemingly automatically changes it all. Thats crazy man, I just dont feel I deserve it.

but dont worry, I am a german soldier, I am loyal until the end, and may that beer I am drinking right now be my last one, I am loyal to the end, an eye for an eye, a soul for a soul, I should be shutting my fucking mouth

A

A window to the soul

Hahaha! I wouldn't get too comfortable and cocky old man or you might find that the only way out of the icey tundra is by helicopter.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hahaha! I wouldn't get too comfortable and cocky old man or you might find that the only way out of the icey tundra is by helicopter.

you can bet ur ass on this but even when I was young I wouldnt have trusted you 10 cents. You know I once had an estp friend back then in my high-swung drug time and he always thought I am gay cause I was rejecting the majority of the girls. I tell you I hate the majority

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5

Are you suggesting that his Nf gf is going to become icy?