• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Hey NFs give me your opinion on ENTPs?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I enjoy em. Chat film with an so/sp e54 entp.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
The problem is always that what may appear to you as an offhand-comment, when it was made about me, I try to understand it and weave it into a big net of interpretation. It's a major flaw of this whole Ne apparatus, it never stops, there just no point in space and time the faculty to overinterprete would leave me alone. I am quite sure that I'll end up in the asylum before I become 50.

The other side of the coin is tho, while entps may be increasingly sensitive to any offhand-comment, they are seldom sensitive to their own-offhand comments. Imo that defuses the whole thing a bit and shows that by the end of the day we are all human with similiar issues :)

P.S.: Throwing coke cans into nature is deeply non-NF :D

You could throw a year's worth of empties into nature and I wouldn't even blink. I'm selfish and immature though.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I feel like I should have more to contribute to this thread aside from the whole sex thing, but I don't. You guys are pretty much just cold hard pieces of ass to me.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I guess I enjoy your geek banter too.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
They. Have. No. Indoor. Voices.
I've not noticed this IME. The ENTPs I know are pretty quietly spoken until you wind them up/get them drunk.

The problem is always that what may appear to you as an offhand-comment, when it was made about me, I try to understand it and weave it into a big net of interpretation. It's a major flaw of this whole Ne apparatus, it never stops, there just no point in space and time the faculty to overinterprete would leave me alone. I am quite sure that I'll end up in the asylum before I become 50.

The other side of the coin is tho, while entps may be increasingly sensitive to any offhand-comment, they are seldom sensitive to their own-offhand comments. Imo that defuses the whole thing a bit and shows that by the end of the day we are all human with similiar issues :)

P.S.: Throwing coke cans into nature is deeply non-NF :D
Yes, I've noticed that ENTP sensitivity, particularly to criticism. Its rather heart-breaking to see them wilt after an insult - all that resilient, carefree facade just disappears.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
We should start a fan club.

A

A window to the soul

Actually that's the one thing that I do disagree with.

i'm not loud either.

I agree with Kasper & strawberries on this. Are we in denial? I don't know. Most of the time, I don't think I talk particularly loud. My voice escalates when I'm arguing.

Haha, well the event that happened that made me think of that is this:

I was over at a friends house and there was a small group of us watching movies. I have three friends who are brothers who are all ENTPs. Another friend who is an INTJ was drinking a bit too much and suddenly goes, "hey! *points at the ENTPs* your last name sounds like hymen!! hahahaah* The 3 ENTPs all started laughing, and the rest of us laughed as well. Then you could literally watch them get sad faced about it... slowly they stopped laughing, and got kinda frowny face/emo... The INTJ started making "I have broken you" jokes, and the ENTPs didn't laugh at all and started getting pouty and sullen. When normally they are pretty easygoing and joking about everything.

Funny, maybe you bruised their fragile male egos, but more likely they were analyzing the situation and realized what it meant in the grand scheme of things -- the sudden revelation that their last name rhymes with hymen and there's not a dang thing they'd be willing to do about it in the way of changing it. For me, it would boil down to family loyalty.

Name calling directed at me is fine; particularly, from people I don't know/admire, but there are always exceptions (i.e., stress). Name calling directed at others bothers me.

If they get into a paranoid/Fe loop, they can drive you insane with their need for lots of attention and affection.
Hmmm, not sure what an Fe-paranoid loop is or what that looks like. I'm guessing you're talking about when an ENTP cares about you enough to assess your mental state and tries to get you to talk to them? or maybe it's a goofy manifestation of ENTP boredom. Anyway, attention and affection is good, no?

Lightyear

They have these random, brilliant brains that makes them a joy to talk to but they can also be very flighty which sets off all my alarm bells.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't think I'd want one as a partner, although I can see the initial appeal. Definitely entertaining and fun to have as friends though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
let's see. in general, the ENTPs I've met
- they're brilliant, but they have difficulty focusing on what's actually important
- they make lively conversation
- often they're terrible at cooperating
- they're usually pretty cool headed and rational
- despite being very rational, they seem to have a lot of trouble being direct
- most of the ones I've met have a complete lack of priorities
- to others, they seem extremely exotic; to me, there beliefs and opinions are usually rather conventional (Fe vs Fi perhaps?)
- they're wonderful with complex logic, systems and technical work, but often extremely impractical
- they get caught in these semantic, inconsequential arguments like "what is the meaning of meaning?" or "how do you know you actually exist?"

overall I find them entertaining and good company for short periods of time, but I have difficulty connecting with them the way I can with other Fi users

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find Ne users funny for the most part; NeFe is really annoying. I prefer the NeTi ones, the ones that are INTP-ENTPish.

I'm not an NF but whatever.

Permabanned
Hmmm, not sure what an Fe-paranoid loop is or what that looks like. I'm guessing you're talking about when an ENTP cares about you enough to assess your mental state and tries to get you to talk to them? or maybe it's a goofy manifestation of ENTP boredom. Anyway, attention and affection is good, no?
:dont:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Phobik, I'm going to track you down inside that nebula of an avatar, turn it off and then beat you with baby turtles. *rubs eyes*

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENTPs can make poor teachers. Since they find it so easy to absorb technical ideas, they can become frustrated with others that can't do the same. I think the immediate response is "Why can't you understand this!" rather than "What part don't you understand?"

StarsPer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Emotionally uninvesting, daftly unaware of and-so insensitive to others thoughts and feelings at times