• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFJs- How strong is the urge for you?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Being someone who lives with an ESFJ, I kind of get what you're getting at... Stuff like, "Jim's a nice guy, huh?", "The weather's been sunny, hasn't it?", "I think we're the most important people in her life, don't you?". Mind you, these are the coherent ones - tertiary Ne has a way of making you go o_O...

Indeed!

Although for the 40 y.o. I don't know if he uses anything besides FeSi... His Ti and Ne were never installed.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OP: I have definitely observed this in a couple of EFJs I know. No IFJ incidences as of yet.

For example... One time I gave an EFJ a gift. Although the EFJ already knew what the gift was (because I mentioned it in the card she read before opening the gift), she still proceeded to asked me what it was when she was about to open it. That confused me, so I said, "Huh? I thought I already you read about what it was." The EFJ replied, "Yeah, I know." Well that left me scratching my head. :laugh:

I think I just saw it as a "silence-filler" on her part... something she just blurted out without much thought. It certainly did weird me out, but I wasn't terribly bothered by it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, learning type differences has helped me to not see sincere Fe attempts as fake. So that's not the problem, at least for me. It's definitely annoying, though, And sometimes I'm visibly annoyed by their sincere attempts. One time we were at a restaurant, and it was a down day for me, so I wasn't my usual joking self. the 27 y/o kept asking me 'Are you okay', how's your sandwich? So in comes 2 black chicks. (I had made a joke coming in to the restaurant that I didn't feel comfortable- because I was the only one with a tie. I was the only black person in there as well, but I played it off the tie/digress) So the 27 y/o says, in an attempt to make me laugh "Man it just got dark in here". :shock: It was bad. I don't usually get offended, but I got offended. He was trying to get a laugh outta me the same way ENFJ and I joke (ENFJ's from India), but it was just WRONG. I actually had to pull him to the side to let him know he has to stop trying so hard with me. No need to be my cheerleader.

wow that's just...i don't know what that is....tacky i guess. i haaaate it when people are trying to be funny and say something just completely stupid and tasteless. like someone just did about abortions the other day...not funny. :/

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being someone who lives with an ESFJ, I kind of get what you're getting at... Stuff like, "Jim's a nice guy, huh?", "The weather's been sunny, hasn't it?", "I think we're the most important people in her life, don't you?". Mind you, these are the coherent ones - tertiary Ne has a way of making you go o_O...

it does right!! i can definitely see that ne...and it's weeeeird on them haha

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP: I have definitely observed this in a couple of EFJs I know. No IFJ incidences as of yet.

For example... One time I gave an EFJ a gift. Although the EFJ already knew what the gift was (because I mentioned it in the card she read before opening the gift), she still proceeded to asked me what it was when she was about to open it. That confused me, so I said, "Huh? I thought I already you read about what it was." The EFJ replied, "Yeah, I know." Well that left me scratching my head. :laugh:

I think I just saw it as a "silence-filler" on her part... something she just blurted out without much thought. It certainly did weird me out, but I wasn't terribly bothered by it.

That's exactly the sort of thing my ESFJ-in-training daughter does. It's very strange, she's developed out of it, though. Mostly.

redacted

I definitely am uncomfortable in silence if I don't know the people I'm with well. I'd rather chit-chat a bit than feel ultra-awkward.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
wow that's just...i don't know what that is....tacky i guess. i haaaate it when people are trying to be funny and say something just completely stupid and tasteless. like someone just did about abortions the other day...not funny. :/

Yeah it was BAD........I understand it's a sincere Fe attempt. I don't even know if I was more mad at the content of the joke or him trying to make me feel better, thinking it was his duty to make me feel better.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

That's why even when I get irritated at it, I'm less likely to take it personally. It seems to be part of the 'speak first/think later' mentality of an extrovert.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's why even when I get irritated at it, I'm less likely to take it personally. It seems to be part of the 'speak first/think later' mentality of an extrovert.

Even so, if such behavior became a pattern it sure would irritate me. My immediate unspoken reaction to that incidence I wrote about above was: 'Did you even read what I wrote?! Geez. What a thoughtless comment. :steam:'