• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Bebe Le Strange : How to Spot an INFJ

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
What is the best way to really understand an INFJ?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
"You cloud things up"

INFJ's are considered the most abstract type.

Thanks for that link Toonia. A very interesting and resonating article. The second to the last paragraph was quite helpful.

"You are TOO sensitive."

"I don't know anyone like you."

Jae Rae

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
" Just leave it alone already "

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Hahahaa, I agree to all. Especially, "Why am I telling you this? I don't even know you?"

"You're so easy to talk to. It's like I've known you forever."

"You are delirious." Well, yea. I am ^_^

"What are you?" or "What the hell are you?" usually from people who are familiars.

"You're so weird."

"I don't understand you..."

And yea, Kiddo. I'm both uptight AND wishy washy AND fun and zaney and psychic and....the list goes on :ninja:

Oh another fav! You're not as stuck up/snobby/cold/+hearted as I thought you were!

Ah the dreaded... "Where did you go? Why don't you talk to me/us anymore?" :peepwall:

Ah, another! "You're so calm/quiet." <--- yes, I mostly am in RL ;)

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ask us to explain ourselves? And be willing to wait a long while for the answer. :unsure:

Definitely. Also, when asking be gentle and genuine. If you include accusations or an angry tone with your questions, even slightly, they will be reluctant to let you in.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
My INFJ is usually found staring off into space.

He calls it "imaginating."

I support him in doing this because it makes him happy.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I just want to open up the doors here to get us all talking about how INFJ's think, what makes them happy, what makes them sad, what makes them feel appreciated, how to give them the space they need and when to give them support, ect.

This thread lacks discussion on the INFJ thinking process. I just want to understand and get to know you guys!

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
People really tell you all of that, guys :huh: ?

Me, all I get is:

"You're nice"

"You're smart"

and

"Yes, that's it!" after I intuitively manage to explain what they feel/think but can't explain.

Edit: I forgot "You're funny", but that's because I'm so shy/self-conscious IRL that the only way I know to relate to people when I'm not in Teacher/Counselor mode or downright silent is through making people laugh :blush:

But then, I don't really *talk* to people about *me* IRL. I mean, some people know me so badly that I've been called "down-to-earth" :shock: by some people who didn't realise that just because something I said was very sensical and practical doesn't mean I ever actually DO it :laugh:

mooky

This thread lacks discussion on the INFJ thinking process. I just want to understand and get to know you guys!

Yeah me to, my other half is a IXFJ. I'd love to understand him better.

He gets all those comments to!

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I spot them the same way Met does... If I'm not able to figure out which type, it is usually an INFJ... they're my blind spot that way.

*stares sadly at her overturned basket of furry, prickly, big-eyed critters*

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
My thinking process:

1- Get interested in something

2- Start researching it intensively

3- Start building logical understanding/organised framework of the subject

4- Start making intuitive connections and developing personal understanding of the subject

5- Confront personal understanding with other people's understanding

6- Through discussion and comparison with other people's point of view, keep re-arranging organised framework and consequently keep developing intuitive personal understanding

7- Eventually: get bored of the subject and leave it alone, for a while or forever

For short infatuations, jump from step 3-4 straight to step 7.

blargsauce

MBTI Type
INFJ
"I don't know why I just told you all of my insecurities" - I had a guitar teacher just unload all of his concerns on me about teaching kids how to play, trying to make it in the music industry, and just playing guitar in general (he mentioned pretty much every technical deficiency he had - it was interesting). I feel INFP's probably experience this a lot too - is this correct?

B

ByMySword

That's the Ni in full force. Its an awesome experience. :yes: Often times I'll be in class and I'll just drift off. I'll start daydreaming. I could be doing this for 10 minutes to an hour. And then all of a sudden its like someone turned the volume up on the lecturing and my dream just fades away. Don't really know what triggers it. Sometimes its just a key word that snaps me out of it. It can get me into trouble. But its still an awesome experience, nonetheless.

Man, so many things to reply to. This is a great thread.

But yeah, I haven't read anything I disagree with yet. Kudos to DD on all the things she's heard people say to her. I've heard most of if not all of those.

Don't mean to sound arrogant, but us INFJs are a really interesting type. I'm still learning things about us. And threads like this really help. So keep it up. :nice:

blargsauce

MBTI Type
INFJ
My thinking process seems to be a string of "Aha!" moments one after the other. My brain always tries to make connections between my ideas, and these connections come to me as a kind of flash of realization. Whether or not these connections are correct, I still get this feeling of epiphany from it all, like I'm uncovering something fundamental about the world around me (or inside of me).

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ

Omg, all INFJs need someone like you. DON'T INTERRUPT! Lol. Sometimes I stare off into space and come back to reality with someone staring right back at me. :doh:

Yeah, I would say that is the most prominent feature of some INFJs (maybe all). Me, I try to focus all of my "imaginating" into things to put into a novel I wish to write. Sometimes I have "AHA!" moments and other times I'm in an imaginating writer's block. I typically find a new interest and get obsessive about it, so I try to at least limit myself to things that will be productive. They always seem to get in the way of my school work no matter what, though. Using the MBTI to characterize characters in writing has been an ongoing obsession for me as of late. ;) I just love making connections with two very unlike things and making it work brilliantly. I wish I could draw; I could make some beautiful artsy things.

Sometimes I really wonder how I could ever be in a relationship with someone. I rarely do anything tangible these days.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed wedekit

at the most
i'd want to lay my head on someone's lap and think
or cuddle
or visa-versa

however,
going out for a 1am walk usually does it
or sitting in the dark of some kind

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Agreed wedekit

at the most
i'd want to lay my head on someone's lap and think
or cuddle
or visa-versa

however,
going out for a 1am walk usually does it
or sitting in the dark of some kind

I normally go for the "fake sleep" approach. People think I'm sleeping so they don't interrupt. It's like meditation. I "wake up" feeling like a new person.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I normally go for the "fake sleep" approach. People think I'm sleeping so they don't interrupt. It's like meditation. I "wake up" feeling like a new person.

you do that too ?
woah!
i do that all the freakin' time

except i really go half-sleep
and i don't think, but hear
clearing your mind is trippy

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
"Your emotions seem more metallic than ours"
"You're rather cold"
and, to contrast:
"I like it when you laugh, you seem to be radiating positive energy"
"You have an innocent air about yourself"

"You're very different online than in real life"
"It doesn't surprise me that you prefer writing to speaking"
"Haha, well said"/"Whoa, dude, that was tactless"
"I feel as if I don't really know you"
"You are unreachable, [referring to the same coldness as above] but a good listener"