• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Help me!

Kuthtuk

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w3
Hey Guys!

I'm having trouble pin pointing my dad's type, I've identified him as NF for his "diplomatic" aproach to things. You see we live in a house that is like this:

-Dad xNFx
-Mon ESTJ
-Me (older son) ENTP
-Brother ESTP

And whenever there are major fights in the house my dad is allways the first to try to look at it from a diplomatic point of view and he allways tries to solve the problem with the least damage done to all (win-win-win-win situation).

What more information should i give so i could pinpoint his type? Is my guess that he is a NF wrong?

Thx!

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
More info needed, but I'll take a crack =D

INFP.

They look for win-wins and pair up with ESTJ's frequently.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well you cannot automatically assume NF just because he is diplomatic. Generally those who have matured in persona in what type they tend to move towards would likely have learnt the trait of diplomacy. I'd suppose if you wish for a stronger pinpointing of his type you'd have to give a few more traits of the type of person he is.

A

Anew Leaf

Hey Guys!

I'm having trouble pin pointing my dad's type, I've identified him as NF for his "diplomatic" aproach to things. You see we live in a house that is like this:

-Dad xNFx
-Mon ESTJ
-Me (older son) ENTP
-Brother ESTP

And whenever there are major fights in the house my dad is allways the first to try to look at it from a diplomatic point of view and he allways tries to solve the problem with the least damage done to all (win-win-win-win situation).

What more information should i give so i could pinpoint his type? Is my guess that he is a NF wrong?

Thx!

You could look at cognitive functions. Is he openly affectionate to family and friends and aquaintances? (XNFJ) Or is he more resevered with outwardly showing love and emotions? (XNFP)

As an ENTP you are Ne-dom (Intuition extraverted dominant) and so you are a great bouncer of ideas off of the walls... does your dad play along? (XNFP) Or does he seem to pluck insight from thin air? (XNFJ).

Kuthtuk

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w3
Hehe i made him do the test! He's a ENFJ hehe it all makes sence now -=D