• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Please Help Cheer Me Up

G

Glycerine

This has been a very humbling experience. People have had to change your diaper at the age of 21. Luckily the pain and recovery wil be over pretty soon! :)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
You've had more than one surgery like this? What's the deal with your leg bones? Is it the result of a previous injury or some pre-existing condition? Either way, I'm so sorry! Do you have any good books to read or stuff to do? How long do you have to be in the hospital for?

G

Glycerine

You've had more than one surgery like this? What's the deal with your leg bones? Is it the result of a previous injury or some pre-existing condition? Either way, I'm so sorry! Do you have any good books to read or stuff to do? How long do you have to be in the hospital for?
I have had misaligned leg bones due to cerebral palsy since birth and the doctors correctected when I was 4-5 but if you have surgery before the age of 7, there is an 85% recurrence into adulthood. My cognitive functioning is normal. I have A's and one A- in three years of undergrad and have a decent social life. Just saying that as not to give a weird first impression of what I am like.

I am going to try to read up on human evolution and sexual selection.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
0329.gif

Here's to your swift and painless recovery. :hug:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have had misaligned leg bones due to cerebral palsy since birth and the doctors correctected when I was 4-5 but if you have surgery before the age of 7, there is an 85% recurrence into adulthood. My cognitive functioning is normal. I have A's and one A- in three years of undergrad and have a decent social life. Just saying that as not to give a weird first impression of what I am like.

I am going to try to read up on human evolution and sexual selection.

I didn't realize that there was any kind of surgery that could be done. Was it the kind of thing where you wanted to do the surgery for practical reasons, or was it a medical necessity where you didn't have any choice? Do you remember the surgery when you were a kid?

I realize that CP has a wide variety of ways it can affect people. One of my good friends from university walks with a limp and has one hand that is bent, but is an incredible teacher and percussionist.

Thanks for telling us what's going on...My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there!

G

Glycerine

I didn't realize that there was any kind of surgery that could be done. Was it the kind of thing where you wanted to do the surgery for practical reasons, or was it a medical necessity where you didn't have any choice? Do you remember the surgery when you were a kid?

I realize that CP has a wide variety of ways it can affect people. One of my good friends from university walks with a limp and has one hand that is bent, but is an incredible teacher and percussionist.

Thanks for telling us what's going on...My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there!
It was both necessary and for practical reasons. If I did do it right now, my father's military insurance would not have covered it unless I enrolled in grad school. I am planning to go to grad school but I did not think it was wise to juggle both grad school and major surgery at the same time. All these surgeries are incredibly painful even with narcotic because the doctors have to cut bones and turn them. Everyone thought it was best for me to do this surgery because I was having bursitis in my left hip and it was very probable that I was going to have future pain problems. Otherwise, I am a very healthy individual.

I apologise if I was acting really b***** over the last few months. I was stressed about this among several other things. I am now my more relaxed, happy, and easy-going self. Oh please no one blame this on me being a Fe-dom (that crap gets old. The psychology professors I have talked to tend to consider MBTI a big joke but I still consider it to be fun and entertaining).

G

Glycerine

I feel a lot better! Thank you everyone. :hug: It was for the best. Now my leg is almost perfectly straight!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
awesome! glad it was worth it.