• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You might an INFP if....

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
You walk around your neighborhood and three people you know say hello without you even realizing they were there.

:laugh: A friend just told me he saw me in the last weeks two times and I didn't greet him back. I didn't notice him at all :)

reclusivehermit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
yeah this happens to me a lot missing signs, that are obvious ... ? to everyone else

couldn't you see that ...
i just told you before that...

INFP - well i was really thinking about something else im not even in the moment haha
:D

reclusivehermit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not very judgemental at first as i had said before id like to know the person properly ... before i come to a conclusion .. id like to know their inner motivations and the deep desires as well if they ever do reveal themselves,

but in saying all this there have been a number of people in my life who i have shut out for an indefinite amount of time...

i don't know how relevant this is for INFP's but .... i rarely get angry i am very very patient... but once i do get irate thats when its hard cool down..

and if i am very hurt by what the other person has done i rarely forgive them

REASON; because ive given you so many chances/excuses even after ive told you that i don't like how you treat me.

and even if they keep slipping i try and rationalize it as much as i can to make it sound convincing that what they have done was excusable... but there is a limit to how much u can defend a person no matter how caring, cuddly and loving we all feelers tend to be

reclusivehermit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
life is never boring ' FOR THE INFP... because the smallest things that many might find insignificant is beautiful and unique for us ....
This is one of those things that makes me question being INFP. I too, will find a great appreciation or beauty in the tiniest aspect of life.. but I can have major boredom issues, and it was really bad for most of my teens and twenties. I have a really strong desire to try new things, travel, honestly... engage with the external. I think I am happiest when engaging with the external, but not always people. I get crazy excited in the summer time because of all the art fairs, culture fairs, concerts, etc. that come up. I have one of the worst cases of wander-lust for anyone I know (traveling- the reason I chose to work for an airline) and also find that as soon as I get back from travel and plant my feet in my house, my mind starts to think up my next excursion. Pretty E7 (which I believe is linked more to the ENFP) But I do find myself thoroughly absorved in my travel, unlike E7 who have problems fully experiencing the moment

I'm always fascinated with life... i find it amazing...routes or paths you have taken so many times , but keep doing it because u love the scenary... it might seem crazy but thats how i feel at times.

Metaphorically? I have noticed Si coming out in the last few years, especially when I'm a bit stressed, depressed, and needing comfort. I can rely on certain comfort foods (the same over and over I ate as a child).. and have specific parks, hiking spots, and stores that I will re-visit and find comfort in as they evoke special memories or times in my life. I do the same with movies.. when I get sick I tend to throw in certain flicks I've seen a hundred times that make me feel better, (Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potters) but in times of health I DESPISE seeing a movie I've seen even once, feeling that the experience has already been had, and it's caused arguments with those I live with a few times..(my inability to watch somethine I've already watched). I sometimes pick movies for nothing to do with the story line or charactors, and everything to do with where it was filmed, so I can see the landscape and architecture of different places

Also i think INFP's are not very judgemental they are always seeking NOT for closure.. but their views are always open never having a concrete conclusion... i find that i'm like that as well until i have sound evidence im not going to come to a proper conclusion. I won't ever judge people straight away.. if someone say i really dont like him i might says well u don't know him YET ... so well for me im gonna wait for a bit and then decide

I agree with this 100%. I also score extremely high on Perception. I HATE closing doors, and almost never do it. THere have been a few people I had fallouts with when I was younger, and at the time thought I wanted to close a door, but inwardly always held a spark. I have 3 friends that years later I went to great lengths to track down and re-connect with (calling up their family members, driving to their grandparents houses and asking for there contact info, etc.).. unfortunately most of them were judgers and no matter how heart felt I was in mitigating the situation, they couldnt reopen the door. It's a weight I carry in my heart, a sadness of that lost potential.. and I try very hard to not shut people out like that again

I also don't make concrete judgements about people, and if I do I still end up seeing them in many different lights as my knowledge increases, leaving little set in stone

hmm yeah Huxley ... i think thats more ENFP ... especially if you want to do it in a group .. introverts would rather do travelling by themslelves if you know what i mean..

not metaphorically i mean literally lol ... well thats the same with me i keep watching movies that have this hidden and symbolic interpretation thats very meaningful to me... routes and particular paths that i have find fascinating as it calms my soul- anything that has to do with water and the sound of waves as well all that is just so beautiful i love it.

I'm not very judgemental at first as i had said before id like to know the person properly ... before i come to a conclusion .. id like to know their inner motivations and the deep desires as well if they ever do reveal it to me,

but in saying all this there have been a number of people in my life who i have shut out for an indefinite amount of time...

i don't know how relevant this is for INFP's but .... i rarely get angry i am very very patient... but once i do get irate thats when its hard cool down..

and if i am very hurt by what the other person has done i rarely forgive them

REASON; because ive given you so many chances/excuses even after ive told you that i don't like how you treat me.

and even if they keep on slipping i try and rationalize it as much as i can to make it sound convincing that what they have done was excusable... but there is a limit to how much u can defend a person no matter how caring, cuddly and loving we all feelers tend to be

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...you run into things. more than once.

my longtime INFP friend is a wonderful humanitarian with a strong heart and she's going to change the world, but she has GOT to stop running into things if she wants to make it out the front door.

"hey ally"
*ambles towards door*
"um ally you do realize you're going to hit a door?"
"give me a second i am just trying to figure this thing out"
"ALLY"
"huh?"
"just look -"
*thud*
"- up."
"owwww"

*marks door with large silly DO NOT HIT sign*

"hey ally"
*continues to bounce to music*
"allyyyy"
*shuts eyes, starts spinning, bounces more*
"UM ALLY"
*thud*
"..."
"owwww"

:doh:

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also i think INFP's are not very judgemental they are always seeking NOT for closure.. but their views are always open never having a concrete conclusion... i find that i'm like that as well until i have sound evidence im not going to come to a proper conclusion. I won't ever judge people straight away.. if someone say i really dont like him i might says well u don't know him YET ... so well for me im gonna wait for a bit and then decide

A non-conrete judgment without closure is still a judgment.

As Ji dominants, INFP's are actually one of the MOST judgmental types (alongside other IP's). Whether they voice those judgments or not (which they often don't unless challenged) doesn't matter.

1. They have strict criteria that everything they come into contact with must meet in order for them to be interested. This does not necessarily mean they are picky, it just means they always have standards based on ethics that they choose to uphold at all costs.

2. They form a psuedo-conclusion about everything FIRST before they analyze it and they must make the decision to analyze something or not. They often do not make these initial opinions concrete though since they are aware that they might change their mind later.

An Ne dominant like an ENFP or ENTP does not have this filter put in front of their analysis. They choose to analyze thoroughly without restrictions regardless of what something is before they make any conclusions.

Many INFP's mislead themselves into thinking they are not judgmental just because they don't always form negative judgments or because they don't voice them, but that is not what constitutes a judgmental person. Judgmental means "to frequently form judgments". What kind of judgments and how concrete they are doesn't matter.

reclusivehermit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Agreed i think you make a fair point but i think also depends on the percentages one may have in each category.

for example if their P was high and their T/F were borderline it could be a totally different matter - especially ones who have a high P ... high perceivers are usually flexible and adaptable to the circumstances around them but then this poses the question as to whether one can still be judgemental while being extremely flexible ?

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Agreed i think you make a fair point but i think also depends on the percentages one may have in each category.

for example if their P was high and their T/F were borderline it could be a totally different matter - especially ones who have a high P ... high perceivers are usually flexible and adaptable to the circumstances around them but then this poses the question as to whether one can still be judgemental while being extremely flexible ?

If you make a clear-cut decision to not make a decision until you have more information (ie to be non-judgmental), doesn't that make you decisive?

KDude

I am neither.

I'm not all that decisive when it comes to intellectual choices. I question and/or see different sides, and can't make up my mind where I stand on some things. Sometimes I may act like it, but something might get brought up that gives me a lot of food for thought, and I'll be thinking about it for days (or longer).

When it comes to mundane/day-to-day decisiveness, I procrastinate a lot, but I try not to do it if a choice affects others. That ends up motivating me. I might snap at others if they're inconsiderate too. I get pissed off at stoners especially when they act like this. lol. Like if it's a friends roommate who owes rent, I might step in myself and tell them to get off their ass. If I owe someone something myself, I'm restless and uncomfortable and do what I can to pay it off.

Maybe the above goes beyond the issue of "decisive vs indecisive", and is just about right or wrong.

A

Anew Leaf

Yeah, I like the give and take of ideas on intellectual kinds of stuff.

On personal things I am more decisive actually. It's a simple "is this me? or not?" Boom.

But it took a LONG time to get there.