• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You might an INFP if....

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you might be an INFP male if
- you watched The Little Prince and were like "omg, that's me as a kid"
- you watched Winnie the Pooh and were like "omg, Christopher Robin is me as a kid"
- you speech turns dramatic and poetic when angry.
- people have ever had to tell you "this isn't an opera, why don't you talk like a normal person?"
- people have ever had to tell you "this isn't 15th century Britain. you're not a prince living in a castle"
- you didn't believe them when they told you
- someone could hook up a thought catcher to your brain and sell the distribution rights of your daydreams for millions of dollars
- when angry, you feel a strong, visceral power that starts in your gut, rises upward and radiates intensely out of your eyes
- when you get along with small children and older people better than people your own age
- when you think "I could be a much better mother than most women" and you're right
- you relate more to an opera than a pop song or a sit com
- you're classist, but you class people based on their integrity and values and not at all based on income, clothing, race, heritage or status symbols

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you might be an INFP male if
- you watched The Little Prince and were like "omg, that's me as a kid"
- you watched Winnie the Pooh and were like "omg, Christopher Robin is me as a kid"
- you speech turns dramatic and poetic when angry.
- people have ever had to tell you "this isn't an opera, why don't you talk like a normal person?"
- people have ever had to tell you "this isn't 15th century Britain. you're not a prince living in a castle"
- you didn't believe them when they told you
- someone could hook up a thought catcher to your brain and sell the distribution rights of your daydreams for millions of dollars
- when angry, you feel a strong, visceral power that starts in your gut, rises upward and radiates intensely out of your eyes
- when you get along with small children and older people better than people your own age
- when you think "I could be a much better mother than most women" and you're right
- you relate more to an opera than a pop song or a sit com
- you're classist, but you class people based on their integrity and values and not at all based on income, clothing, race, heritage or status symbols

i don't relate to any of these

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't relate to any of these

that's understandable. the particular INFP traits I were describing were of a more assertive, dramatic type of INFP, like an INFP 1w9, INFP 4w3 with a strong growth to 1 or possibly an INFP 7w8 (I've only seen two of these though)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I might an INFP if awesome for great justice and my hero. <3

... I am just not INFP, I guess. :p

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
* you buy cacti instead of plants because they rarely need water.

* you must reward yourself for doing unpleasant tasks.

* You can't stand shows like American Idol, because watching people publicly humiliate themselves is almost unbearable. You connect all too well with how this person feels.

* You want to bitch-slap Chef Ramsey for verbally demolishing some crappy restaurant owner, even though its all true. (He doesn't have to be such a dick!)

* You care little for grammar and find yourself ranting about people that pick on it, claiming that if they fail to understand the concept because an apostophe is left out, they have bigger problems than you do. OR your a grammar nazi and feel its your duty to point out every spelling mistake and grammatical error you observe.

* You have insisted you are not in love with someone that your completely head-over-heels for, secretly hoping they will push through these barrierrs, thus proving their devotion.

* You are extremely careful of who you let into your weird little world, knowing that 98% of people are not as sensitive or loyal as you are. It's perceived as elitism, but really just self preservation.

* You have a love/hate relationship with pedicures. They feel spectacular, but you can't move past the fact that another human is on their knees rubbing your feet for a few bucks.

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that's understandable. the particular INFP traits I were describing were of a more assertive, dramatic type of INFP, like an INFP 1w9, INFP 4w3 with a strong growth to 1 or possibly an INFP 7w8 (I've only seen two of these though)

are you basing these off infp's you know in real life or characters? because i don't think that many infp's are actually like that.

* you buy cacti instead of plants because they rarely need water.

* you must reward yourself for doing unpleasant tasks.

* You can't stand shows like American Idol, because watching people publicly humiliate themselves is almost unbearable. You connect all too well with how this person feels.

* You want to bitch-slap Chef Ramsey for verbally demolishing some crappy restaurant owner, even though its all true. (He doesn't have to be such a dick!)

* You care little for grammar and find yourself ranting about people that pick on it, claiming that if they fail to understand the concept because an apostophe is left out, they have bigger problems than you do. OR your a grammar nazi and feel its your duty to point out every spelling mistake and grammatical error you observe.

* You have insisted you are not in love with someone that your completely head-over-heels for, secretly hoping they will push through these barrierrs, thus proving their devotion.

* You are extremely careful of who you let into your weird little world, knowing that 98% of people are not as sensitive or loyal as you are. It's perceived as elitism, but really just self preservation.

* You have a love/hate relationship with pedicures. They feel spectacular, but you can't move past the fact that another human is on their knees rubbing your feet for a few bucks.

i like these. especially the pedicure one. plus i'm worried they're talking shit about me and my feet in a language i can't understand. then i realize that they probably don't care that much about either and i'm being self absorbed.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
* After a good rain, your willing to tap dance 5 straight blocks to avoid stepping on an earthworm.
* You could be in the darkest funk, and hearing a meaningful, happy song will make you forget it.

I wish this was true. I actually relate very little to what's on that list. except the movies.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you basing these off infp's you know in real life or characters? because i don't think that many infp's are actually like that.

i like these. especially the pedicure one. plus i'm worried they're talking shit about me and my feet in a language i can't understand. then i realize that they probably don't care that much about either and i'm being self absorbed.

mostly characters, I think you're right that most real INFPs are more flower child-esque than aristocratic prince types

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
mostly characters, I think you're right that most real INFPs are more flower child-esque than aristocratic prince types

I'm an ennegram 4w5 so I resemble INTPs in my reserved stoic-ness and my sarcasm. I don't do that flower...smiling...giggling...lovelovelove peace thing as a primary characteristic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you might be an INFP if you routinely use words like
- fiery chasm
- smite
- tempest
- cascade
- vanquish

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you might be an INFP if you routinely use words like
- fiery chasm
- smite
- tempest
- cascade
- vanquish

lol, you're just trolling now

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
No, no, no. I read in an infp profile about feeling guilty or sorry for, as you said, the most atrocious, despicable people. Definitely not. People get what they deserve and I say that without a religious or spiritual undertone. I have a really strong sense of justice, almost to the point of being an eye for an eye, but definitely not an eye for two eyes. One and one!!!

You sure you're not an INFJ? That entire post sounded very INFJish, not INFPish. Also, to add to this ethics conversation, a great person can do something evil and still be great — acts do not reflect character and character does not necessarily translate through acts.

You might be an INFP if you're ridiculously quiet yet when you do talk, everyone is astounded by how articulate you are.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
especially the pedicure one. plus i'm worried they're talking shit about me and my feet in a language i can't understand. then i realize that they probably don't care that much about either and i'm being self absorbed.

Haha! Same EXACT thoughts Chana! I watch their expressions and listen to their tone, etc. as they communicate with others to be sure they are not, infact, discussing what a typical lazy American I am, letting my feet go like this. I also wonder what info about me they are able to pick up.. like if I am a hard worker, or have narrow veins, or maybe a protein deficiency cause i will sometimes get a mild ridge on my toe nail. And then I realize they couldn't possibly be thinking these things, because only I am this weird, lol.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
* you realize you are painfully self-aware, and can quickly play out in your mind each possibility your words and actions will have on another, or a group. You also know how each of them will feel and respond to these things.

* you are deeply moved by nature. You could be hiking with friends, and stop to catch a scene so brilliant you almost cry, the sun straining through autumn trees at sunset, highlighting the magnificent vibrance in the gold, orange, and pink changing leaves. It occurs to you that you too, are part of this cycle. Your body and mind will wither and die. But you are okay with it, and only hope that your energy may someday be used to create this scene again.

* You were that one out of ten children that could actually be enterained by MR. Rogers! (also an INFP) And while all the other little monsters were busy ripping apart the couch, sneaking into cookies, and smashing tonka trucks into eachothers frontal lobes, you'd sit quietly and happily in observation of his nerdy sweaters and goofy grin, wondering if you'd ever get to see inside the fantasy castle. You ALSO liked Oscar the Grouch, and couldn't figure out why all those other annoying charactors wouldn't leave him the hell alone. Especially Grover.