• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs suck (warning, rant alert)

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
Why is it that they suck so bad? I know they sculpture society and whatnot but I wish they wouldn't. I wish there were an island full of NF people only. Maybe some ENTPs and INTPs would be allowed, and a couple of xSFJs (preferably I but Es are okay I guess) but only a few, because too many will seem like too much fun for my introvertedness to handle. Let the ISTJs have the rest of the world, I don't care. We can put a powerful, nuclear resistant force field across the NF Island and only those of NF can pass through and the xNTP, xSFJ people can pass through on Saturdays or something. It is really important that the force field is nuclear resistant because I don't want the ISTJs to make a false assumption about our world and spell it off as a fact that meets their way of seeing how it "really is". In which case, they would find some "logic" in sending a nuke out to blow us up. But the joke is on them because the force field also resists nuclear fall out.
Anway, I only have met one ISTJ that I liked and I swear she's an ISFJ or even ISFP but she insists she's ISTJ based on her tests. The other one's I know really blow. They are just nasty people and seem to expect that their ugliness is justified one way or another. The world is theirs unfortunately, at least in their eyes seemingly. They are one-sided, VERY hypocritical, and go against everything my inner core values deem as humanity.
I read about them and it seems their intentions are good. Well, not really. They intend to do what's best for people but they do it in a way that they proclaim as the "proper" and "structured" way which seems to suite them better than those they intend to do good on. No thanks. Just Fuck off, PLEASE! Please keep your FALSE assumptions to yourself and quit making life miserable for everyone around you. And please quit with :hi:(sorry I had to include a hi smiley because my girlfriend's little boy just came over and said "lalalalalala please put in a "hi smiley". He's such an ENTP). Where was I? Oh yeah, please quit with your rigid rules. Why do kids have to wear uniforms to public schools? It's stupid. What happened to individuality? If people are upset with your style, that's their fault. But nooooo, little kids have to march around like good little soldiers and I blame ISTJs. Fuck them, man.
I do admire that they do generally seem creative in one way or another, although it's useless to them other than as a fleeting hobby until they turn about 25 when they have to put such childish notions as creativity behind them (sarcasm).

Anyway, I'm finished. I know I'm not perfect and I know that I shouldn't put all ISTJs and my frustrated opinion of them in a single pot (I will anyway). I also know that it's unrealistic to have a single world of NFs and friends with a force field. Maybe if we die, "heaven" will be what dreams are made of. Hell will be a world of ISTJs and in that case, I'm already there. I expect I'll have a lot of disagreement and little or no replies, but I feel better now and if you made it this far, thanks for reading and peace to you.

P

Phantonym

And how many ISTJs have you actually met and gotten to know really, really well? Maybe it really is them, but what if the problem lies on you? What have you done to make things better?

Well, at least you feel better now.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I work with an ISTJ and an INTJ two days a week. I feel more privileged to work with the INTJ for various reasons, and I feel sorry for the fact that he has to work side by side with an ISTJ most of the time.

Or MAYBE its this particular ISTJ. I can't really generalize and I know everybody is different. But the ISTJ in question is or can be rather horrible to deal with in a more subtle, passive-aggressive yet mind-destroyingly fashion than an ESTJ. For one example of many, one day the ISTJ asked me what he could be doing differently on the job in order to improve. I thought for a minute and said to do things the way your partner (INTJ) is doing them. (He has years more experience and is superior in knowledge, after all.) After about a minute of total silence, his INTJ partner turned to him and said, "You're not going to pick on me for the rest of the day now, are you?"

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
And how many ISTJs have you actually met and gotten to know really, really well? Maybe it really is them, but what if the problem lies on you? What have you done to make things better?

Well, at least you feel better now.

I wrote this knowing that I would possibly come off as a douche bag or whatever but I am just spilling over emotionally do to the black aura of the ISTJ people that have some form of direct involvement in my life. I understand completely that everyone is an individual and that not everyone is this way. I mean we are on a personality typing site and everyone pigeon holes types to a degree, so I do so in a not-so-positive but mildly true manner this ONE time. It's usually positive toward others I would think and my frustration lies with the ones that are in involved in my life, but still, the aspects that clash are still associated with the ISTJ personality type in general according to everything I've read.
I'm basically ranting like I said, spilling over emotionally without a regard to anything other than how I feel about it right now. I do feel a little better. To be more specific, the ISTJs I've had contact with always think that they are all powerful and that everyone else is an idiot or moron, and they will let you know whether you asked them or not. I can't stand that. I have my own problems I know. What I have done to try and make things better is to avoid them when I can, a live and let live approach if you will. Just don't tread on me is all I ask in return.

Pitseleh, I posted here because I'm INFP and I understand that ISTJ and INFP are a predatory/prey type of relationship. Also, because I would like some company in my Island of NF.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All ISTJs suck because you have an issue with those you've met, right.

We have a presumption of motivation without understanding them, okay.

... as long as you know you're ranting crap... I guess.

Personally I butt heads with ISTJs more often than not but I'm not so arrogant to think the issue is them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ISTJs I have no problem with, but I do have problems with people who put a whole group of people in one catagory.

G

Glycerine

ISTJs I have no problem with, but I do have problems with people who put a whole group of people in one catagory.

Agreed, other than the fact thonly group of people I dislike are people with big sticks up their butt lol

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the istjs in my life frustrate the hell out of me too but as long as they have no power or control in my life in any way...i'm sure we'd be pretty good friends. it's just hard for some xnfp people to have an istj boss or some other strong influence....we are just very live and let live and they seem to think everyone isn't following the manual and is a complete moron because of it....that could very well just be how we perceive it tho due to fi or somethin.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
christ, fine I'll spell it out. THE ISTJs I'VE MET SUCK. I've already basically implied that twice and have also twice acknoweldged that I have my own issues but I'm not here to rant about myself, I do enough about that as it is.
It's THEIR arrogance that annoys me, and any issues that have arrised have been soley their doing. It's not arrogance from me that forms that opinion as I haven't done a thing to them that would warrant their shit behavior, and talking things out rationally and respectfully is litterally like talking to a beligerent child. People can hate an ENFP and make forums about it with everyone saying what they "hate" about them with no problem, because this is a typing personality site where everyone lumps people into catagories based on their experiences, observations, and readings. Don't act so innocent about it. I didn't want to get personal with those I have encountered so I lumped them based on their behavior and what frustrates me and tried to even remain lighthearted about it, but fuck it.

Thanks for going against your better judgment and dismissing an entire group of people out of hand! This is exactly how typology SHOULD work. :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're having fun up here are we? I suppose I could say here "The thread title (and possibly rant) sucks". Always wonderful.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
christ, fine I'll spell it out. THE ISTJs I'VE MET SUCK. I've already basically implied that twice and have also twice acknoweldged that I have my own issues but I'm not here to rant about myself, I do enough about that as it is.
It's THEIR arrogance that annoys me, and any issues that have arrised have been soley their doing. It's not arrogance from me that forms that opinion as I haven't done a thing to them that would warrant their shit behavior, and talking things out rationally and respectfully is litterally like talking to a beligerent child. People can hate an ENFP and make forums about it with everyone saying what they "hate" about them with no problem, because this is a typing personality site where everyone lumps people into catagories based on their experiences, observations, and readings. Don't act so innocent about it. I didn't want to get personal with those I have encountered so I lumped them based on their behavior and what frustrates me and tried to even remain lighthearted about it, but fuck it.
temper temper.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What I don't understand is why you didn't expect this kind of reaction. You've set yourself up in an attacking position, the general reaction to that is for others to become defensive. Honestly I can't see how this thread can improve or move on from that point because of the set-up, if it frustrates/bothers you, well... sorry but that's just the way it goes.

Besides that though, we tend to dislike that which we don't understand. Improve your understanding of ISTJs, ask those who are on this forum why they do the things they do (we have at least one pure-awesome ISTJ actively posting atm), if you want to learn show that, lack of understanding can change with education, doesn't mean you'll like the ISTJs in your life any better but it will help alleviate the unfortunate blanketing of ISTJs you've made, if however your only aim is to vent then expect continued resistance as your stance is unfair and entirely un-objective.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
Okay, let me backtrack, the rant over. Please forgive my emotional upheaval. What can I do, as an INFP, to deal with the anxiety brought on by continuously negative behavior, baseless and flaccid accusations, and overall feeling of dread brought on in trying to deal with butting heads with those of the ISTJ personality type in regards to what's been described as their "weaknessess"?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know i know op...everyone is entitled to a lil non pc rant occasionally. don't worry about it. :hug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know because i've found that a very strong value of mine is that everyone has their own unique needs and priorities and should have the right to do things in their own way so when someone says your way is wrong..i'm going to have an issue.