• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs suck (warning, rant alert)

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
yes, I tend to rant to individuals for PMs or emails. I don't always do it to the right people, but HWY, you can bitch privately to me if you like.

Further, I go with the recommendation: "Love your enemies"

I believe my dad is ISTJ, though he has no interest in MBTI and refuses, like most of family, to take it. He's happy if I split him some firewood or rake some leaves or paint a fence. So just go do that kind of stuff. You can just let your body do it, while your mind goes somewhere else...unless you are operating a chainsaw.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually kinda like ISTJs if they're not in a position of power over me. they're very no BS and straight to the point. If they need something, they tell you. if something needs to be done, they do it. if you tell them there's a problem they ask what it is and how to fix it, and then do it

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The ISTJ I know is very witty and can be plenty funny. :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Awww .. what a cute rant.

Even when i'm pissed with an individual, i'd never conceive of blaming the entire type. How petty and closed minded.

My eldest kiddo is an ISTJ and although he is rigid in his views (he's 16 btw) i have enough respect for him to listen then offer other possibilities. I think thats what makes my household so darn entertaining, yes all 3 of us are very different but that difference actually helps us to understand each other better. Who the fuck am i kidding, my idealistic views are clouding my judgement OR maybe one day the boys will see where i was coming from and appreciate the diversity.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think I'm the first ISTJ to write on this thread... and the OP has already been bashed several times. You mess with ISTJ, you mess with the SYSTEM!! :devil:

christ, fine I'll spell it out. THE ISTJs I'VE MET SUCK. I've already basically implied that twice and have also twice acknoweldged that I have my own issues but I'm not here to rant about myself, I do enough about that as it is.
People can hate an ENFP and make forums about it with everyone saying what they "hate" about them with no problem, because this is a typing personality site where everyone lumps people into catagories based on their experiences, observations, and readings. Don't act so innocent about it. I didn't want to get personal with those I have encountered so I lumped them based on their behavior and what frustrates me and tried to even remain lighthearted about it, but fuck it.

That's only because ISTJs are better making allies :smile:

Seriously tho, I thought this would be interesting thread, but people watered it down. :(

I'd love to hear more about why ISTJs suck and try to show you what have you misinterpreted. See, we ISTJs do always think that everything can be fixed. Am I being arrogant? Hope not, but I find it more likely that one person is misinterpreting than a whole type of people is malfunctioning.

You mentioned school uniforms. In Finland we haven't had such things for decades now, and rightly so. It could be argued that they prevent pupils being classified by their clothing (expensive/cheap/fashionable), but they are being classified anyways. So off with the uniforms and rigidity! Schools should be liberal places where intellectual and individualism is being harnessed.

Also, I have been to army for 6 months and I can tell you I hate it. No thinking allowed and everything has to be done in a certain way without a valid explanation. Hated that.

I also know some ISTJs that act almost as if they were autistic. I hate that too. They pay no attention to what other's are thinking or feeling. They completely miss the tune and atmosphere of the scene.

Now, come and badmouth ISTJs some more! I'm more than willing to correct you. ;)

Kimchitasi

MBTI Type
N
Enneagram
I have encountered so I lumped them based on their behavior and what frustrates me and tried to even remain lighthearted about it, but fuck it.

It sounds more like you are pissed off that they don't respect you.

Okay, let me backtrack, the rant over. Please forgive my emotional upheaval. What can I do, as an INFP, to deal with the anxiety brought on by continuously negative behavior, baseless and flaccid accusations, and overall feeling of dread brought on in trying to deal with butting heads with those of the ISTJ personality type in regards to what's been described as their "weaknessess"?

You can step back, take a deep breath, and get over it. I had an ESFJ boss I didn't like or respect but I did what she told me to do. I realized it wasn't her rules that were frustrating me, it was the company's. I may not have liked how she treated me, but I respected her self-preservation. I think the same goes for the ISTJs you deal with. You need to look at it from their perspective for a change and maybe 'they' will make more sense.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, I have been to army for 6 months and I can tell you I hate it. No thinking allowed and everything has to be done in a certain way without a valid explanation. Hated that.

Sure, you hate it when your own methodology is applied back on you.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now, come and badmouth ISTJs some more! I'm more than willing to correct you. ;)

Don't be silly, why would we want the truth? That might interfere with all the bitching.