• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] For those that are unsure of their INFPness or if there some 'other' type...

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Isn't Socionics INFP different to MBTI INFP? I noticed it when I saw they said Ni would be the first function of an INFP, which is actually INFJ.

The description however seemed very fitting to my own personality. There were a few things which were a bit off (like for example the omnipresent idea that all INFPs are great artists and poets, which I am not really), but for a such long and detailed description, it was quite fitting all in all. But that won't make me now a MBTI INFJ, or?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
flameskull95 said:
INFP - The ethical sociopath.

well that's one of the best INFP titles i have seen.

it continues to surprise me how INFPs can both truly love and truly hate humanity as a whole.

Eckhart said:
Isn't Socionics INFP different to MBTI INFP? I noticed it when I saw they said Ni would be the first function of an INFP, which is actually INFJ.

i've been reading about this lately, it's sort of confusing. you're right, MBTI INFP is usually socionics INFj / IEI (intuitive ethical introtrim) because socionics codes j/p based on your dominant function, rather than your extraverted function. but socionics has different definitions for the functions, too, so an MBTI INFP could end up being an INFp in socionics if you associate more with socionics Ni-Fe than INFj Ne-Fi.

here's the INFj equivalent type description.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ya. I think socionics INFP goes Ni Fe Si Te, BUT I believe their description of the functions is also different.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

The description however seemed very fitting to my own personality. There were a few things which were a bit off (like for example the omnipresent idea that all INFPs are great artists and poets, which I am not really), but for a such long and detailed description, it was quite fitting all in all. But that won't make me now a MBTI INFJ, or?

Yeah, I thought INFp mbti = INFj Socionics, but apparently there's nothing like that. . INFPs can end up as ISFPs, ISTJs, ISFJs, ENTPs , & ENFPs,etc in Socionics apparently.

And other things that I've noticed, are that Socionics and MBTI both mark Adam Sandler, Kevin Coster & Julia Roberts as INFPs. So it's possible to be the same type in both MBTI and Socionics. Anyway... I got INFp in Socionics and MBTI.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I thought INFp mbti = INFj Socionics, but apparently there's nothing like that. . INFPs can end up as ISFPs, ISTJs, ISFJs, ENTPs , & ENFPs,etc in Socionics apparently.
And other things that I've noticed, are that Socionics and MBTI both mark Adam Sandler, Kevin Coster & Julia Roberts as INFPs. So it's possible to be the same type in both MBTI and Socionics. Anyway... I got INFp in Socionics and MBTI.

Are you saying mbti infp can end up as all those other socionics types? I am really intersted in this, its always confused me. I thought that only introverts in MBTI can change in socionics, extroverts always stay the same. ENFP=ENFp, ESTJ=ESTj, but INFP = INF p/j ISTJ = IST p/j. I posted a thread on it a while back, and was told that some ENFP's can type as ESFP's in socionics? I understand socionics is VERY different system than mbti, and changes the words and descriptions, so there is no clear way of moving through systems.

However, if a socionics INFP leads with Ni- I really don't get it....
Socionics description of Ni
1) Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time, the understanding of a course of processes in time, and forecasting;
2) Ni understand how things change and evolve over time and throughout history;
3) Ni is acutely aware of events that are occurring outside of the immediate perception of the moment, and sees events as part of a continuous flow;
4) Ni perceives the inevitability of future events and notices ties to the past.

I've also read biggest diff in socionics between INFP and ENFP is that INFP's extrovert feeling, ENFP's feeling introverted.. which is interesting because INFP's in mbti dom with Fi. So again, I think the words are somehow used differently.

A

Anew Leaf

I read it. Summation: INFPs need to 'grow a pair'.

Lol. Actually I agree with this statement. Unfortunately our "pair" is delegated to 4th position Te... So it's kinda like half of a pair....

Good thing I r chick.

A

Anew Leaf

There are A LOT of words in this article.

I find it much easier to explain my INFPity in terms of an INFP priority protocol system.

FI Quantum Box: Filled with Core Values and some teddy bears. >>>>> Deeply personal values and thoughts and feelings >>>>> Things I am passionate about and enjoy >>>>> Random Arguments or Discussions >>>>> Things I feel tepid apathy for.

KDude

Some of the functions in Socionics aren't described that differently. Fi and Se have some obvious differences, but for the most part, it's taking all of it's cues from Jung (in some ways, moreso..). Ne and Ni pretty much remain the same.

It's not that Fi is drastically different either, but it's given more focus on "relational ethics" (rather than being broadly applicable in it's judgement on many subjects, much like Ti). Se is given the added element of "volition".. making it somewhat of a willful/power oriented function. That is informally given to Te in MBTI, while Se is relegated to retarded, dimwitted pursuits...and walking.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
It's not that their unsure, it's that society barely gives any recognition or acceptance of them. So they believe it easier to wish to be another type.