• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] How do you use your Ni? (INFJ/ENFJ)

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
More directed towards INFJ and ENFJ: In what kind of situations do you use your Ni? When did you last realize that you had just been using Introverted Intuition?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I feel like it's just there all the time. I don't notice using it, I suppose. However, it could be said that it shoves at me and I'll notice a feeling or a motivation that hasn't been expressed by someone. I can usually tell when people are being truthful... or not. I tend to rely it on it, almost implicitly... however, I do recognize that there is always room for error.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's always there and running. My brain is ceaselessly buzzing with ideas, traveling down a concept map of the world around me, connecting seemingly unrelated ideas together with something I feel subjectively relates to them, a symbolic interpretation of the world. You could place a lightbulb in front of me, and I would focus on how each of the parts work together to make it light up, but also focus on what it means to me. It's weird, since I was a child, I possess a symbolic/aesthetic view of the world around me, and sometimes I could envision other things within an object. For instance, when I was little, I could look at wood grains and not just see wood grains, I would see faces or scenes within them.

With people, I tend to pick up a general vibe about them... can tell what characteristics they have without even asking, even if their intentions are good or bad. One person I had met gave me a particularly negative vibe that I couldn't put my finger on why, but I just knew that they were bad news.

Theoretical knowledge is more of my Ni-Ti loop... I can understand how systems work, and how they are related to each other, what types of effects one leverage point has on the whole system. When making an important decision, I withdraw from the world and focus on a solution that will end up creating the desired end result... focusing on which levers in the system that will create the vision for the future I see.

Trouble is, Ni tends not to see the restrictions of reality, which can be a problem in my case!

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
My Ni is always there and working furiously. I don't notice that I'm using it in any particular situations - it's just always there. I'd probably noticed if , for some reason, it got switched off or something. My Ni is always present and alert, it helps me put together clues and vibes I get from other people and read them right - and so behave accordingly. I consider my Ni to be a useful and fine-tuned tool for survival :)