• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Why do ENFPs on the forums always talk about their good qualities?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think it's an ENFP thing as much as it is a few very vocal ENFPs. (I think that at least here, ENFPs are one of the most if not the most vocal types, so the few egotistical ones get a lot more attention than say, the INFP quietly slitting his wrists in the corner. kidding, kidding....)

gromit

likes this
I think it's not that different to boast about your good qualities as it is to whine about your bad ones. Anyway though.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It's funny in that i've just found this thread because i was thinking something similiar earlier.

My behaviour in IRL has to be controlled/monitored due to restrictions so when i come online in the evening, i am a tad more loud and egotistical but i make a joke of everything (thats why i mention the attention whoring/narcissism). During the day i am incredibly modest, a people person relating with others with enthusiastism, looking for potential so at night i just turn the volume up a bit.

Anyway, why shouldn't i talk about my good qualities? I've picked myself up, raised my confidence and IF i can offer assistance to another individual by sharing my story, then damn straight i will.

EDIT - I think everyone on this thread should list 5 reasons why they are AWESOME, lol.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am awesome because I am controlled by nothing and no one. I am never hanging on in quiet desperation or being someone's slave. When/if I hate my life or feel stifled, I change it. Sure, I have fears, but I overcome them.

I am awesome because I can laugh at myself.

I am awesome because over time I have learned from my mistakes.

I am awesome because even though I can get really mad/sad/upset/bitchy, I also tend to forgive almost everyone, and fairly quickly. While I have boundaries, I don't really hold grudges once I've calmed down.

I am awesome because I love passionately and sincerely.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^ Woosah.

I'm awesome because:
- In the face of adversity, i will find strength
- I admit my mistakes/errors to make me a better person
- I'm a loyal friend/partner
- Tell me i can't and i'll show you i can
- I happily engage in life and take advantage of opportunities