• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's and PSYCHICs!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that 'psychic' powers are probably just an old interpretation of mastery in intuition and empathic ability, and the likes.

I don't think they're necessarily full of shit, but mastery isn't exactly guaranteed considering the lack of training and certification and I also think that pop culture (and con artists, as well as those who buy into their own thing too much) overestimate and warp the expectation of people as to just how powerful this stuff is, especially considering that our frame of reference for this tends to be supernatural fiction :shrug:

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey, Xann, rainbows are associated with rain... Isn't that sensible of them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a psychic. Yeah.

Conversation ended.

Just kidding because you have the right to post. *so psychic*

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This thread should read NFs and CON PEOPLE (who swindle them out of their money)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread should read NFs and CON PEOPLE (who swindle them out of their money)

I don't think it's very hard to do sadly due to the forward looking, possibility driven, optimistic outlook alot of NFs have.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't think it's very hard to do sadly due to the forward looking, possibility driven, optimistic outlook alot of NFs have.

ouh, putting them down and complimenting at the same time

well done on making your first enfp magnet :coffee:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It's just going off of what I have seen quite a bit in real life.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's just going off of what I have seen quite a bit in real life.

Ok now you're overdoing it. They're already interested at this point :coffee:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok now you're overdoing it. They're already interested at this point :coffee:

I can't sell them on how to not get swindled now?

And I lost them ;)

Of course I got em kinda back now after that last statement about losing them...lmao

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

*raises eyebrow*

Honestly, I do my own 'psychic consults' - I'd be nuts not to and leave it up to someone who is out to con me or who doesn't know what they're doing, considering my own interests and skill set. And it's usually others that end up requesting that I do readings for them, without me even offering or asking payment for it :shrug:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think a good test for whether someone is really psychic, is to ask them to give their reading of you telepathically.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think a good test for whether someone is really psychic, is to ask them to give their reading of you telepathically.

Ahh but there are different psychic gifts, m'dear. Empathy, telepathy, psychometry, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, mediums,....and it is rare to posses *all* of them - usually you're only sensitive to one to three, mayyyybe 4 :devil: :smooch:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Ahh but there are different psychic gifts, m'dear. Empathy, telepathy, psychometry, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, mediums,....and it is rare to posses *all* of them - usually you're only sensitive to one to three, mayyyybe 4 :devil: :smooch:

Intriguing.

Well, I guess if they can give a telepathic reading it proves that they're psychic at least :p Though doesn't prove they're not if they can't.

ooh I wonder which ones I can activate :O

i think i have clairaudience... there's screaming coming from in my house, i think that was my fault :x

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intriguing.

Well, I guess if they can give a telepathic reading it proves that they're psychic at least :p Though doesn't prove they're not if they can't.

There are technically also two subtypes of telepathy - the sending telepath and the receiving one. Usually, they claim to be more sensitive to one or the other, though they can develop both :D

While I don't consider myself telepathic, I do admit to that being true with...I guess I would call it Empathy, but I don't consider it supernatural in any way. It is very much possible to influence other people's moods (Sending Empath) and change the way they feel. It's also possible to just be overwhelmed by all the toxic shit they put out or live literally vicariously through your friend 10 feet away, who is completely smitten and sexually aroused by her boyfriend (Receiving Empath). Again, most people with this 'talent' tend to have a natural inclination towards one or the other, and the other one usually develops later.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think of it like functions. Everyone technically has all of them, but you'll have preference for some over others. For instance, many people draw a distinction between "psychic" information and what you pick up through mediumship as most people will tend to prefer one over the other. That said, most people who are mediums can tap into psychic information pretty readily than vice versa.

Some skills, like psychometry, are more advanced. Even if you can receive the information it can take training to know how to sort through it.

There's also certain skillsets that have closer overlaps than others. Empathy and healing tend to go hand in hand because one's just kind of the next logical step, skill-wise, from the other.

But distance reading like I think you're describing is not actually all that challenging, Legion. It can be harder to do a reading for someone sitting across from you than someone on the other side of the world just because it's a lot easier to sort through when there's not a lot of sensory data mucking up the intuitive information.