• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP and sexual orientation

skillethelm

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
To be honest, I don't see anything more normal about women nonsexually doing naked things together than men, but I guess that perception could, like you thought, come from a culture that can seem more gender-role focused than many individuals probably are. As close as I am with my good female friend (INTP, I love her x3), we don't like even sitting too close to each other, let alone the idea of hanging out naked, though that's hardly because either of us care about social conventions/acceptability. I'd feel much less comfortable with that than a male friend with a personality who'd I'd expect to be cool with hanging around naked, though for me those guys have always been homosexual (I guess in that situation it's just implied there's nothing sexual about it) bar one guy - and he had a lot of behaviors that made people uncomfortable besides that one, so I'd say it's a mix of what people individually expect from others as far as what has sexual overtones and what doesnt, and how our culture's ideas factor into that.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I don't really see anything different either. I think the biggest problem for me would be thinking about what they were thinking about. Honestly, in theory I am totally cool with nakedness in a non-sexual way with men and women, I guess it really comes down to my over-thinking of what people are thinking, and maybe some insecurities about my body in general. If I knew that the other person felt exactly like I did, and I knew they wouldn't judge my body, I would be fine being naked around them.

skillethelm

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, yeah. So true. That's probably the case for a lot of people who don't mistrust themselves. XD

KDude

I guess I'm one of them.. I'm generally not comfortable being naked. As far as same sex goes, I remember being horrified the first time I was posed with a situation like that, it was in middle school gym class, and they wanted us to take showers. It was too weird for me, so I never bothered.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Gym class was a nightmare for me, mostly because I was the fat kid. There was no way I was getting naked with the other guys. In that environment I am not comfortable at all, but with some close people I trust I think I would be okay. The first time might be awkward, but if it went well, I think it would be fine from there.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I think bonobos have the right idea...There would be a lot less aggression in the world.

However, I tend to want...most of the time...3 ft of space. Don't get in my space.

I used to be upset about touch.

Nudity...well it depends. I guess I walked nude through a waterfall at a Christian retreat (at night...not for shock value), in order to keep my clothes dry. Also, like...long ago...as child or as a teen...would go nude or just with a loin cloth and talk to the spirits of the forest...or out in the swamp.

I find nudism very interesting too. Also, I like the figure as a subject.

It would be wonderful if we were all more culturally free.

I was in the military briefly, for like 14 days...before I went insane...but we showered together. It was interesting seeing other guys, but not "hot" or erotic.

I guess I've been coy about nudity, but not overly embarrassed.

In some places, you can go to the post office naked, or so I heard.

I guess it would be nice if we were more free and less afraid; maybe it'd cut down on the major prick waving between countries.

Love not war; freedom, peace, release of social tensions.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am culturally free.. I'm just not naked.

:happy0065:

I have a dream, today!

Where white people, black people, straight, gay, transitioning, naked, fat, thin, and mythical animals can all use the bathroom at McDonalds without fear of abuse, ridicule, or shame!

I have a dream!

KDude

I want to be a mythical animal...

Actually, sometimes I don't want a body at all anymore tbh [please don't analyze that :blush:]

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Amen.

I keep calling out: "I am the infinite, I am joy!"

Or, "Let's go to the edge of time, and step off."

If sexuality is based on what is done, then nobody can really say what I am. It's not enough information for them. I'm a really 40 year old virgin. However, mythical animals are in. It doesn't mean I'll ever consummate anything, but I would definitely like to meet a mythical animal for coffee and possible LTR. We are not in hurry.

What kind of orientation is it where you want to meet mythical animals? Also, do you have to be a young virginal maiden to pet a unicorn, or can 40 year old virgin males do it?

:heart:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm heterosexual. I think other people have doubts about my sexuality, but I personally haven't on a viseral level. I had an incident round about when I was 24 where an (older) bisexual women tried to force herself on me, and yeah I had issues for a long time surrounding my sexuality and the vibes I was putting out.
A friend of a friend, who happened to be a lesbian, put my mind at ease though, although she thought it amusing a heterosexual woman was doubting her sexuality. Actually she laughed really hard. Then told me, my signals were clear enough in regards to my sexuality. Others have said the same. It's straight women who question my sexuality most often. I'm not the picture of absolute feminity, you see, and as one lesbian friend said I'm a very strong personality (whatever that means).
I think it's got a lot to do with my very strong sense of independence, or something. I struggle with gender roles some what. Always have. I am also bothered by the fact that I have such a womanly appearance....it sort of betrays my more adrogeneous sensibilities, but I love men well and truly.
I did used to entertain the idea that I could fall in love with anyone, no matter what, and if we weren't stuck in these stupid flesh containers that are driven by pheromones, and hormones, I probably could, on an intellectual level, especially being some what demisexual, but some thing about boobs, and Vee-jay turns me off. I don't even particularly like my sex as a whole. I'm very fond of particular members, don't get me wrong, but women as a group are very strange.
I think gender identity can some what confuse the sexuality issue. I think because I don't really identify with what it is to be a woman, and I don't identify with what it is to be a man...it can make things confusing (for other people.) Or maybe I'm just confused.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I think gender identity can some what confuse the sexuality issue. I think because I don't really identify with what it is to be a woman, and I don't identify with what it is to be a man...it can make things confusing (for other people.) Or maybe I'm just confused.

I think gender is a really confusing subject in general. Honestly, if I could get away with it I wouldn't consider myself either gender, because that's how I feel comfortable. But most people want things neat and tidy and in their own pretty little boxes, and can't believe it when I tell them what I think about gender. I always get a "But come on, really, what gender do you really side with?" or "It's an easy issue, look down your pants and that's what you are."

Also what really gets me is when people assume gender identity and sexual orientation are on in the same @.@ I just walk away from that argument as soon as it starts.

KDude

This is only slightly relevant, but I was reading on one site that John Grey (author of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus") is INFP. To me, if there's anything an INFP is not, it's not that. His whole worldview and career centers around these banal notions, and to have it associated with INFP irked me (more than the usual celebrity typing. I generally don't care). I don't think INFPs are androgynous or asexual necessarily, but it seems to me that they'd generally seek a bigger picture on this subject. At least, I don't think many would lock genders into specific behavior or communication styles.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
i prefer not to put a strict definition on my sexuality. I see it as something fluid. gender and sexual orientation don't mean much to me as i tend to just love people rather than a specific. i guess if you had to define it i would be classed as a polyamorous pansexual.

I swing back and forth between being a highly sexual person and utter asexuality when the whole idea is simply 'meh' to me. in my late teens/early 20s i was compulsively sexual and discovered a lot of things attracted me. As i got older this only increased and i really dont think i could say that definitions fit me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is only slightly relevant, but I was reading on one site that John Grey (author of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus") is INFP. To me, if there's anything an INFP is not, it's not that. His whole worldview and career centers around these banal notions, and to have it associated with INFP irked me (more than the usual celebrity typing. I generally don't care). I don't think INFPs are androgynous or asexual necessarily, but it seems to me that they'd generally seek a bigger picture on this subject. At least, I don't think many would lock genders into specific behavior or communication styles.

he could be operating in his STJ shadow mode. in which case, NFPs under stress can become rigid little bitches

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Dammit! I wish I could Facebook like this post! What happened to that feature in the relatively recent re-vamping of this forum, HUH? *sighs*

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

Well, just because you don't agree with him, that doesn't mean he doesn't share your type - it's about behavior, isn't it? That said, I also don't agree with his ideas, and those comments about "men vs. women" and the whole war of the sexes irk me. :dry:

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I see myself as mildly gender fluid, but I am without a doubt a cis woman. Perhaps not a "woman" in the traditional understanding of what one must do or have to earn the title, but a woman, nonetheless.

Wait, is this what the OP's about? Gender identity? *goes to re-check* Oh got it. I'm het but have on the very rare occasion been sexually or romantically attracted to a woman. Never both sexually and romantically attracted, though, which is why I figure I'm not bi.

E

Epiphany

Sexual orientation is something that I've never struggled with or had any confusion about. Men just aren't sexually appealing to me. I do find gender roles overly restrictive, however.