• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and Competition

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a 4 but I am a sore loser due to the fact that if I am in a competition, I was forced into it. That is the reason I would be a sore loser if I lost.
I would be angry if I won because of the pressure along with competition. I hate competition and see it only as a form of a power trip.
It holds no appeal for me, only disgust.

I can relate to this. the idea that someone things I need to prove myself to anyone is disgusting. true superiority does not require competition or proof

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can relate to this. the idea that someone things I need to prove myself to anyone is disgusting. true superiority does not require competition or proof

But you gotta admit that secretly, you do enjoy the amount of attention that you get from winning, right?

P.S.: What a cutesy avatar! ;)

sabastious

MBTI Type
INFP
I love competition especially the types that test both my body and mind.

-Sab

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm very competitive as well. Though I'm good at concealing it too. I suppose it has to do with the idea of being a perfectionist, and it can drain my energy out. :(

A

Anew Leaf

I get competitive in scrabble.

In board games I usually find a way to create a new ruleset that both entertains me and benefits me. :D

KDude

I get competitive at times when I didn't really have it mind at first. When it dawns on me that something a little more serious is suddenly at stake. I'm never sure when that is.

Games are just for fun. As long as I have that, I don't really care. It's funny though when I do win, or just play around with harmless trashtalk, how serious some people take that. And I'm supposed to be the sensitive one... :thinking:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate it. It makes me miserable most of the time, because other people take it so seriously. I don't mind it in fun, relaxed situation though, like with board games. Anything that involves trivia, and or creative usage of words, picture or miming I generally absolutely trounce other people. Friendly competition between people I respect is good, so long as it remains friendly. I think that sort of competition extends you and is good for expanding your skill base, so long as it remains friendly. It so rarely does remain friendly. Without sounding cocky, I'm usually pretty good at most things I turn my hand at, so people if they don't know me well tend to get threatened very quickly. It gets a little tiresome, when instead of focusing on thier own game plan, they resort to sabotaging mine. I guess that's where the focus comes in for me, and I'd much rather stand back and observe what others are doing before I make my move.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I'm not very competitive in general. Sometimes when it comes down to board games, I get pretty crazy! :cheese: But in all seriousness, I don't really mind losing, as long as the person who won isn't a complete ass who is going to brag for the next week.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's great in small doses. When taken excessive, it becomes political affair.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I love friendly competition the most. When there is no pressure about winning, but you want to anyways. (Classic examples: Racing someone, playing fighting games with a group of people, playing card games, etc.) I feel like my performance isn't being judged, and I have the potential to win something.

When my performance IS being judged (this happens a lot to me in the army), I get really nervous right up to the event. While I am participating, however, I try my best, and afterwards I always look back and think I enjoyed it :laugh: conveniently forgetting the sick feeling I had prior to it.

I'm not afraid of competition, or losing particularly. I am only afraid of failing.. the potential to fail is what gets to me.