• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Question for NFs

Are you an NF that's actively involved in helping others?

• Yup.

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

rainfall

MBTI Type
INTP
How many of you are involved into some activity that helps others? If you are not, is this something you'd be willing to consider, had you had opportunity to do so?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I inadvertently help people on a daily basis, I don't *think* about it, I just sorta *do* it.

Why? It just seems to be in my nature.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Nope. No community service. No nonprofit organisation. No delivering cookies to neighbors.

Would I? I guess.. if I wanted to. Depends what it was.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If i had faith in a particular faction of goodwills
however,
I don't consider most organizations adequate
especially the big ones that ask for donations
eww
I like to find homeless people and give them $
although they often turn me down if the amount is too much
in that way,
i am a philanthropist
who starves afterwards...lol

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It depends how you define "helping" and "others."

rainfall

MBTI Type
INTP
It depends how you define "helping" and "others."

Others - people who are not your family/relatives/friends.

Help - some action on your part that you believe will better the well-being of another person.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Life is hard, and if I can help to make someone's life a bit easier, I dunno, it just makes me feel better about myself, them and the state of the world.

Kindness begets kindness.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
Right now I barely keep myself together, lol.

I figure if I can keep myself somewhat happy and interested in life, then all is good with the world. If I'm in a good mood, then I'm more likely to be nice to others. That is as helpful as I can be.

I don't go out of my way to help others, and I try not to go out of my way to be unhelpful. I have volunteered a bit in the past, but I never felt like I was being overly helpful. I worked at a soup kitchen and there was always too many people there helping out. I would volunteer again if it wasn't for the fact that people stress me out.

I sometimes feel like a bad person for not actively doing something to help others. But I try to accept my loner nature. If I force myself to be social, then I'll be resentful.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yes, I am involved in activity that helps others.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Others - people who are not your family/relatives/friends.

Help - some action on your part that you believe will better the well-being of another person.
Then not really. Right now I'm devoting most of my resources to non-others.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When a problem arises, it is easier to just do something to solve it rather than to having to watch and feel sick about it. That principle applies to various situations of others and non-others in various ways. I don't see NFs as having the market on such things. They might tend to offer a particular flavor of help possibly making more effort to understand the actual vantage point of the other person, whereas an NT might look for the most efficient and lasting solution, and the SJ the most practical, reliable solution that meets the greatest temporal needs first, and the SP giving their whole self in the moment w/o having to analyze any of it first.

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have have tried a couple of times, but a lot of those kinds of programs are poorly organized and they don't get back to me before I lose interest, or they lose my application and I don't pursue it, etc. I'll probably try again.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Im pretty big in the "every man for himself and survival of the fittest" stuff, I think I just dont like helping people in general. Now if I know them or have some personal connection then yeah sure no prob, but I dont do it on a regular basis. And actually I hate those commericials about "send this random kid who you dont know 25 cents, and hell you dont even know if this is a real program ahahahaah...send us money." What a load of BS!

nemo

Enneagram
<3
^ I've decided that "TEXAN" should be a personality type.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm not because I don't have time for it and I don't want to make a commitment for something that would restrict me.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I volunteer for our local Habitat for Humanity branch every summer. Last year I spent five weekends helping to build a house and finish painting the inside. (I'm an excellent painter, not so good with a hammer, think I put a door on backwards).

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I help out from time to time with the Salvation Army and Amnesty International, and for the past few years I've helped sort and wrap christmas presents for people in a local homeless shelter :) I like the nice warm fuzzy feeling I get from it xD