• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do You Have a Strange Sense of Humor?

bunnyhighbrow

MBTI Type
INxP
I like dark sarcasm/irony, cute, wordplay and the absurd, and repulsed by vulgar/toilet/sexual humour.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess when I go off on an obsurdist style humor with references only a few people would get, it is weird. LOL More than anything, though, I have a pretty dry sense of humor... sarcasm/irony, wit, puns, self-deprecation, and occasionally the goofy cartoonish side comes out.

ameline

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can find something funny in just about everything, given enough time XD so yes. I do have a very weird sense of humor XD

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I guess when I go off on an obsurdist style humor with references only a few people would get, it is weird. LOL More than anything, though, I have a pretty dry sense of humor... sarcasm/irony, wit, puns, self-deprecation, and occasionally the goofy cartoonish side comes out.

Same. Almost exactly the same. Except instead of a cartoonish side, I have more of a mischievous side that peeks out sometimes. But definitely yes to dry and absurdist style humors. Unfortunately, most people do not follow me when I start on anything that's absurd. They just kinda smile and nod, when I want them so desperately to imagine the strange thing I'm describing with me.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find so many things funny, that I'm inclined to think that either my sense of humor is extremely superior and fine-tuned, or extremely stupid and general. Or else I am just nervous. Either way, my humor is a humor-whore.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
It's pretty easy to get me laughing. I like all the types of humor listed (apart from maybe 'stupid' humor, I'm not a huge fan of Patrick from Spongebob for example). I never used to like cruel humor, but I've grown to like it. Any time something is just so out of the social norm, so 'wrong', there's something funny about it.

On that note, my Polish friend told me that instead of dead baby jokes, they have Auschwitz jokes in Poland. Have you seen the new German microwave? It has 8 seats!

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty hilarious, I must say.

Clever. Started with puns early, in junior high school.

Humor is good. We need more of it.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello, fellow NFs, welcome guests, and others ^.~

I'm an ENFP and I'm wondering if other xNFx have had this type of issue/experience. If any xxxx guests would like to share their thoughts, please don't be shy. I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone...

Unless you're going to be a troll. I don't even know how you could be a jerk on a thread like this, but just in case... you fall into the "others" category, btw.

So, do you have an odd sense of humor, or one most people don't understand?

My ESFJ coworker called me and my sense of humor weird. I swelled with pride after hearing this. This is not an uncommon "accusation" leveled against me.

Spanky McFly

S

SingSmileShine

Oh, my goodness. Nobody ever gets my jokes except other ENFPs, along with the occasional ESFP. I do have a strange sense of humor!

Great minds think alike. (;

Curious_Kitty

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have ironic sense of humor, along with some dark and random mixed in there. I noticed a lot of NF's are like that. After I became friends with my ENFJ friend around my middle school years, my humor started tuning into her's, but then again before that I was really reserved, so I don't even remember what I thought was funny. Her and I were like, humor twins. We always thought the same things were funny.

I will say CERTAIN toilet jokes can be funny. Very select ones. As far as cruelty goes, not sure if dark humor is exactly in that category, but I'm sure some of it is, but there is a point where something just becomes way too bad that it isn't dark humor anymore, it's just disgusting. I'm not as much into physical/appearance jokes either. I read somewhere that it was usually more of an S thing.

But if anything, random always works for me.

Failcakes

MBTI Type
INFP
I used to have a strange humor when I was younger, now I still have a strange humor - but only to some. I'm an 'internet nerd' -let's call it that-, and I love making references to memes. Although I try not to when I know the other person has like NO IDEA about the magical wonders of internet. xD When people know it, they find it funny and will go along. :D I also like unicorn, muffin, rainbow and prettiful flower jokes...

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like almost all types of humor from slapstick to wit and irony. I dislike crude or offensive humor. Aside from that, if the joke is clever enough, I'll laugh. If Gilligan bends down to tie his shoe and the Skipper trips over him, well I'll laugh at that too. I love humor and I'll pretty much like anything that doesn't offend me or gross me out.

As for the humor I dish out, it's weird. I'll make jokes that almost don't make sense. I'll make jokes that were hilarious in my head and spend the next few minutes telling my friends why I thought it was funny. I can't really describe my sense of humor but I will say it's rather eclectic.

G

garbage

I prefer 'clean' jokes, too. Not particularly because I'm easily offended, but because the funny but 'clean' jokes are a lot more clever than those that rely on crudeness.

But I can get behind crude humor where the crudeness isn't in and of itself the point.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My sense of humor is very...selective, let's say.

Certain types of spastic slapstick really make me laugh (although my mother HATES it). And I also like black humor based on death and maiming. (for example in Animaniacs: "Good Idea/Bad Idea")

My dad observed that I tend to laugh the most at people's reactions to crazy things rather than the crazy things themselves. Like...facial expressions or quips that break the tension make me HOWL, especially when paired with black humor. For instance, say in a black comedy when someone falls and impales themselves in the gut on a pole; I'll laugh more at onlookers' reactions than the impalement itself. (Definitely my Fe at work here, I think)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i love nonsense. the british humor kinda i guess.
and I'm not a fan of sarcasm. i can find it funny for 2minutes but then its too much negativity and it brings me dow.
but i wonder if humor is more connected with type or with culture...any other ENFPs?

purple tuesday

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I share a sense of humor with my ISTP brother. Sometimes we even sarcastically comment about things at the same time. We like references, sillyness (especially!), irony, wordplay, and randomness. Other types too, I'm sure, those are the ones that come to mind. We are easily amused by most things, except for stupid humor. Some of it's a little funny, but it gets annoying. I think he may actually like it more than me.

ColoredShadows

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That awkward moment in the cinemas when you are the only person laughing your ass off....

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I say yes because when I am in a group, I find myself laughing at things which others do not find humorous. It can be a little awkward. I also like playing 'unique' jokes on people even when it can take them days to figure out what I was doing (if they even figure it out at all). Intricate jokes which take several steps to complete doesn't seem like something alot of people do but it makes up my sense of humor.