• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Why does everyone hate on Fi?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
How can someone say "I hate/like Fi", when Fi is not the same everywhere?

People are NOT the same when they use a specific function, because they won't use it in the same way.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. Ne get's it the worst.
2. Ti probably appreciates Fi the least, but this isn't blatant hatred.

i can read my INFP friend better than a book and i appreciate him. he does does say weird things that he based his judgment on that makes no sense at all, but i suspect its not just Fi, but also his mental problems..

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...so guys... what did we learn from all of this?
2. Ti probably appreciates Fi the least, but this isn't blatant hatred.
3. Fe is probably more hated than Fi, but why, I'm uncertain personally, since they care for everyone and put everyone else first.

Pretty much, hehe. To (1) Well, Ne is kind of a mixed bag, in itself and to others. Relative to the other functions there is little in between the response of :wub::bananallama: and :thelook::wtf:, which can be kind of scary but I'm not sure about getting it the worst.

For (2), I think it is more like, for the Ti-user, Fi is like something very similar, but when tasted it has a foreign flavor. So it's less about lack of appreciation and hatred but more of a similar-yet-foreign puzzlement. I have sort of the same dynamic with Ni, except that it is more foreign and less similar. I don't hate it at all, but I don't know what to do with it either :tongue:

(3) There is probably a lot of Fe 'hate' because of all the NFPs and NTPs here. For the NFPs, this disliking is probably like the similar-yet-foreign thing from above, and for the NTPs, it is because it is our tertiary/inferior and so sometimes shows up kind of unstablelike/negatively in ourselves.

...Honestly, I think what function one see's as least valuable is based more upon one's specific type. I get really tired of reading these types of threads. Everyone's got beef with someone.

So yeah, it is kind of like that...

Random Ness

This view stems from the idea that Feeling is emotional desire. If those NTs grasped that Feeling is a form of reasoning as rational as Thinking, then they might alter their reasons for disliking it. They might still dislike it, but they might analyze their distaste a bit deeper.

True.

I read that thread a couple months into joining the forums and it hadn't occurred to me that Feeling can be just as insensitive as Thinking, just in different ways. That Feelers can get caught up in demanding that others make them feel warm and fuzzy inside, while Thinkers can show enough humility to admit that making themselves feel warm and fuzzy is not what's best for other people. Logic isn't any less selfless! It helped me think better of Thinkers.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Recognizing that someone has a lot less experience and wisdom than you isn't ageist.

It's not only lack of experience, it's the fact that the adolescent brain is biologically different from a fully formed adult brain, even in teenagers who are classified as geniuses.

KDude

It's cuz ENJs are out doing shit while ENPs an INs sit in front of computer screens and speculate all day long. ;)

It'll all pay off one day. I'm searching for the matrix, intelligent life, and wonderland. Let me be :\

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I think that one of the reasons is that immature Fi can seem overly exclusive. For example, I know one person about my age who flexes a lot of Fi muscle. However, she can give off the impression that the weirder you are, the more she likes you, but the more "normal" you are, the more she detests you. I don't think she means this, but at the same time, I don't necessarily think she understands yet that others' Feeling-based judgments of a situation are just as valid as her own, and that her subjective valuations are not backed by logic, nor should they be.

Any xNxP, I think, initially has a problem with the idea that a person could have the same information as oneself, yet come to a completely different conclusion, and that conclusion be just as valid as one's own. The maturing process, in a big sense, is coming to terms with this reality, and learning to tolerate the differences when appropriate, oppose them when not, and having the wisdom to know the difference.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
onemoretime said:
I think that one of the reasons is that immature Fi can seem overly exclusive. For example, I know one person about my age who flexes a lot of Fi muscle. However, she can give off the impression that the weirder you are, the more she likes you, but the more "normal" you are, the more she detests you.

helloooo enneagram 4.

this thread is pretty enneagram 4 itself, isn't it.

Any xNxP, I think, initially has a problem with the idea that a person could have the same information as oneself, yet come to a completely different conclusion, and that conclusion be just as valid as one's own. The maturing process, in a big sense, is coming to terms with this reality, and learning to tolerate the differences when appropriate, oppose them when not, and having the wisdom to know the difference.

yeah - and i mean this with no offense to others, lord knows ENxPs have plenty of problems themselves - but i think that's especially true with INxPs whose conclusions are so integral to their Fi or Ti. and ENxPs will have that problem when we're leaning heavy on Ti or Fi - for an ENFP i know that's very true when the issue is a personal Fi hot button.

I don't think this is so much a feeling thing as a weird characteristic of certain individuals, wouldn't you say?

i dunno though, persecution complex and martyr complex seem very tied to F types - because they're so much about people manipulation, you know? like the entire idea revolves around people and groups and the individual's place with the group. i'd tend to see it as being much more easily F-generated than T-generated.

also, hi! haven't seen you around in a while :)

Finally went back through and read the thread...

...so guys... what did we learn from all of this?

lmao, who even alluded to that? i have no idea how Ne would get the most crap as a function. like, i don't even think most people care, because it's rare they even notice Ne operating, and even when they do, they just think you're kinda crazy.

This doesn't make any sense.
Why do people make these threads?!

Am I the only one who thinks this DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE? [...]

Things are NOT BLACK AND WHITE. They are not Fi/Ti.

They're like a fucking painting with an enormous variation of colors.

fucking Ne doms and all their "things are not black and white" blah blah blah, you have to be kidding me, i hate Ne

by which i mean, agreed

Oh, and unicorns.

and that's why ENJs need FPs in their lives. ;)

Random Ness

lmao, who even alluded to that? i have no idea how Ne would get the most crap as a function. like, i don't even think most people care, because it's rare they even notice Ne operating, and even when they do, they just think you're kinda crazy.

N/S functions don't get as much flack because no one knows WTF they are. :D

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

LOL, this too. Them perceiving functions can't really be seen, only detected when paired with a judging function. And it's hard to really persecute something that can't really be pinned down in the first place. NeJi can sometimes be picked on as crazy or challenging the established order, but even other function pairs can be picked on for that...

Anyway, I'm not even sure why Fi would be so widely hated either. I'd like to see where that even came from, because I'm not seeing it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Random Ness said:
LunaLuminosity said:
And it's hard to really persecute something that can't really be pinned down in the first place.

haha exactly!!

Anyway, I'm not even sure why Fi would be so widely hated either. I'd like to see where that even came from, because I'm not seeing it.

obviously you don't see it because you hate Fi.

ALL OF US HATE FI.

:emot-emo:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LOL... kind of like the 3/4 people are ______ principle and looking at 3 other people? Except all of us hate it?

But I don't hate it.... it is so squishy and warm I can't hate it :cry:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
helloooo enneagram 4.

this thread is pretty enneagram 4 itself, isn't it.

yeah - and i mean this with no offense to others, lord knows ENxPs have plenty of problems themselves - but i think that's especially true with INxPs whose conclusions are so integral to their Fi or Ti. and ENxPs will have that problem when we're leaning heavy on Ti or Fi - for an ENFP i know that's very true when the issue is a personal Fi hot button.

...and ENTPs do the exact same thing after presenting the logic to the other person, who nevertheless still rejects their position, preferring to emphasize other elements that the ENTP may have downplayed. The other person's "stupid" instead of simply having different priorities. Major difference is that ENxPs let you know about it, while INxPs simply dismiss your opinion outright. Thus, "God does not play dice with the universe" and "I'm going to write a 1250 page novel that's essentially an allegory about how industrialization was the worst thing that happened to England, and that the industrializers were literally monsters"

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ NO, YOU MUST BE WRONG ABOUT US

or wait, maybe you are right ;)

But really, why does Fi seem hated? I try not to reject stuff so suddenly, and surely not hate.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I fucking hate Fi, it's so disgusting. ewww get a way ewww so gross [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg"]the honey badger is the fi of animals[/YOUTUBE]

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
...and ENTPs do the exact same thing after presenting the logic to the other person, who nevertheless still rejects their position, preferring to emphasize other elements that the ENTP may have downplayed. The other person's "stupid" instead of simply having different priorities. Major difference is that ENxPs let you know about it, while INxPs simply dismiss your opinion outright. Thus, "God does not play dice with the universe" and "I'm going to write a 1250 page novel that's essentially an allegory about how industrialization was the worst thing that happened to England, and that the industrializers were literally monsters"

I get who the first guy is (Einstein), but who's the 1200 page novel person? I'm kind of a moron. :laugh: