• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Why does everyone hate on Fi?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HAHA! Great point. Not only that, but IRL non NE users seem to think Ne users are just flat out Nut Jobs.

Yeah, people pretty much think I'm crazy. But somehow that makes people like my lessons more. ;D Maybe I'm unconventional enough to be interesting, but not so far out there that I am like whoaaaaa. Well, I guess I'm whoaaaa but good whoaaaa and not wow, let's call the guys in white coats whoaaaaa. You know?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
HAHA! Great point. Not only that, but IRL non NE users seem to think Ne users are just flat out Nut Jobs.

Yes, I think Ne dom/aux...but especially especially Ne doms...can be classified by some people as "the crazies."

Ni can have a similar ability to question things, so I disagree with what elfboy said about Ne being the one who questions authority...Ni can do so as well.

It's just that Ne is more "all over the place" and "dreaming up possibilities" and making random, odd connections that don't make sense to some people, and blah blah blah.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because Fi users think they are morally superior, while moral is a subjetive concept? :cheese:
Well, could be worse, at least you do not advertise this fact as much as some Fe users.

you make morals sound like they're none existant. if Fi usere believe they are superior, it's because sometimes we feel like we're the only ones who actually have an independent conscience, convictions and integrity. having some degree of personal values is necessary for me to respect someone, but that doesn't mean I go around thinking I'm superior to FJs and TPs, just people with NO Fi (big difference)
Edit: convictions and adhering to one's own values contribute to high self esteem. thus, it is common for healthy FPs to have VERY high self esteem. this doesn't mean we view people as mindless mongrols or blood thirsty psychos. people's hating of FPs for having high self esteem is frankly unfair.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I think Ne dom/aux...but especially especially Ne doms...can be classified by some people as "the crazies."

Ni can have a similar ability to question things, so I disagree with what elfboy said about Ne being the one who questions authority...Ni can do so as well.

It's just that Ne is more "all over the place" and "dreaming up possibilities" and making random, odd connections that don't make sense to some people, and blah blah blah.

yes, NJs do challenge authority a lot just like NPs, but NPs intuition is extraverted so we're much more vocal about it. that is why we have historically been more persecuted.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I don't think I'm superior. In fact, I don't think most relatively mature Fi users would think they are superior. But I guess everyone's different. My point of view is: "Okay, I'm sure I'm right about this. But to each his own. If he doesn't screw around with me, I won't screw around with him. But if he does screw around with me, the panzer divisions are coming out, and you're TOAST."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes, NJs do challenge authority a lot just like NPs, but NPs intuition is extraverted so we're much more vocal about it. that is why we have historically been more persecuted.

Yeah, Ne doms are pretty mouthy, while the Ni doms are over there being sneakily strategic. I think that's why we're supposed to hook up.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, Ne doms are pretty mouthy, while the Ni doms are over there being sneakily strategic. I think that's why we're supposed to hook up.

But is it bad being mouthy? I mean...someone has to do it. And quite frankly, when I see people really standing up for what they believe, especially if they have ideas that go against the grain, that intrigues me and even amuses me to some extent, as long as it doesn't get offensive or overbearing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But is it bad being mouthy? I mean...someone has to do it. And quite frankly, when I see people really standing up for what they believe, especially if they have ideas that go against the grain, that intrigues me and even amuses me to some extent, as long as it doesn't get offensive or overbearing.

No it's not bad, it's great. As an ENFP I totally agree that if I don't speak up, who will? I hate the idea of enabling people who are doing horrible things, and ENFPs are known as "The Champion" for a reason...because we speak out.

But you raise a good point, as an Ne dom matures (whether ENFP or ENTP) they need to learn to pick their battles so they don't just come across as obnoxious and/or overbearing.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

speak for yourself :yes:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think all mature types can have their own unique charm, but I gotta say that I'm personally attracted to ISXP and INTX.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not hated. I don't think, sometimes I wonder though.So Fi is not the most hated function because as an Fi dom more people would hate me. When in reality maybe 2 people out of everyone I've met in my whole life hates me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I think Elfboy was correct that Ne is more hated IRL than Fi.

I actually was reading the Jungian description of Ne, and we're the ones likely to have these big causes and dramatic displays of passion which we feel is our destiny or "a vision." It apparently applies equally to ENFPs and ENTPs, so it has nothing to do with Fi, per se.

It's just that the Fi aux probably chooses different topics and methods than the Ti aux.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think people mostly just dislike unhealthy Fi, like you see in people who think they're superior to other people because of trivial differences.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
do you like the declaration of independence? civil liberties? freedoms of any kind? then you should appreciate Fi more :yes:

Why has no one called them on this? Look at what we have: (1) Fi is responsible for the Declaration of Independence and civil liberties, (2) only NJs and NPs question authority, and (3) NPs have been historically persecuted. WTF.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I think Elfboy was correct that Ne is more hated IRL than Fi.

I actually was reading the Jungian description of Ne, and we're the ones likely to have these big causes and dramatic displays of passion which we feel is our destiny or "a vision." It apparently applies equally to ENFPs and ENTPs, so it has nothing to do with Fi, per se.

It's just that the Fi aux probably chooses different topics and methods than the Ti aux.

I'm just curious: How does it manifest differently?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think people mostly just dislike unhealthy Fi, like you see in people who think they're superior to other people because of trivial differences.

I think people mostly dislike any unhealthy function