• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Why does everyone hate on Fi?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Come on people. Fi is the most genuine, creative, gentle, artistic and exotic of all the functions. why the haterz gotta hate? FPs for the win! :solidarity:

Because Fi users think they are morally superior, while moral is a subjetive concept? :cheese:
Well, could be worse, at least you do not advertise this fact as much as some Fe users.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Come on people. Fi is the most genuine, creative, gentle, artistic and exotic of all the functions. why the haterz gotta hate? FPs for the win! :solidarity:

It's useless.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe gets the hate more than Fi.

The only non hated on functions around here are Ni, Ne & Ti. All others are seen as problematic, especially by others who don't make immediate use of them.
I think Ti's not discussed as much because it's not as understood.

Yes :yes:....Se & Si probably get the most hate, and there aren't as many Sensors to keep it in check and/or they don't care to argue theory as much.

I don't think Fe gets more hate, but it's from a different crowd. You'll see INTJs hate on Fe more & NTPs hate on Fi more in MBTI communities. There are also a LOT more Fi-doms in these communities than Fe-doms, so you have longer threads as they make their defense.

rav3n

Fi as my inferior function is a royal pain in the ass for me. Know it and accept it as such.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hiya!!! :) Long time, no see. I don't know what to think about the fact that after a long hiatus, the same discussions are still floating around. It's oddly comforting and irritating at the same time, baahahhaha.

But okay, seriously. Fi. Hmm. Let's look at what Fi is. So basically Fi is knowing what you want, what you believe, and what is important for you. So I think the more appropriate question is:

HOW can you succeed WITHOUT it???

Rather than questioning what the good of it is....I'd say let's look beyond the surface and grasp what it means in the greater scheme of things. I would posit that it's absolutely essential to have Fi in order to have your feet on the ground, know what you want, and sift out what's important from what is trivial.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hiya!!! :) Long time, no see. I don't know what to think about the fact that after a long hiatus, the same discussions are still floating around. It's oddly comforting and irritating at the same time, baahahhaha.

But okay, seriously. Fi. Hmm. Let's look at what Fi is. So basically Fi is knowing what you want, what you believe, and what is important for you. So I think the more appropriate question is:

HOW can you succeed WITHOUT it???

Rather than what's the good of it....I'd say let's look beyond the surface and grasp what it means in the greater scheme of things. I would posit that it's absolutely essential to have Fi in order to have your feet on the ground, know what you want, and sift out what's important from what is trivial.

I know! I left for a long time as well. I came back really annoyed. I almost turned around and snuck back out unnoticed, but it didn't work out.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's like a drug...can't...stop...coming...back....AHHHHH!!!!

The attraction of investigating the human mind and psychology is too overwhelming. Where's that quote of that dude who said, "I'm an ENFP....AHHHH I FEEL SO MUCH:....RARRRRRR...GIVE ME A XANAX...." or something? LOL. Nah, I'm just being wacky because I've been too serious for too long.

G

Glycerine

This made me go :sick: :doh: People just concentrate on the negativity that somehow relates to him or her in relation to these types of things,

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's like a drug...can't...stop...coming...back....AHHHHH!!!!

The attraction of investigating the human mind and psychology is too overwhelming. Where's that quote of that dude who said, "I'm an ENFP....AHHHH I FEEL SO MUCH:....RARRRRRR...GIVE ME A XANAX...." or something? LOL. Nah, I'm just being wacky because I've been too serious for too long.

I am very glad to see you back. You can help renew the joy of the forum culture. Yay!!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well...hmmm...I don't think any function is by default better...It's how you use it. And well, Fi can be great or a pain-in-the-ass depending on how you decide to utilize it, pretty much like any other function.

Fi: know what you want, know what you believe, know who you are; stubborn, dumb ass sleepyhead who won't be told what to do
Fe: experience deep caring, love and compassion; force other people to believe your stuff
Ne: have great, new, wonderful ideas; be a flighty, silly moron who never can commit to anything
Ni: have a rich, inner world and capacity to think beyond; be so pie-in-the-sky that they have no idea what planet Earth is
Te: have the ability to get things going, mobilize, organize, and all that good stuff; be completely dominant and overwhelming and just too categorical
Ti: have incredible abilities to analyze and see down to the root of things; get bogged down in intricacies to the point they cannot act
Se: act in the moment, responding perfectly well to any situation, be able to take advantage of things; be impulsive, dumb ass and not be able to think things through
Si: have incredible powers of recall, appreciate what is there, and be down-to-earth; unable to accept new things, be totally driven by routine, traditional thinking, and blah

So you see, you have two extremes that are really stereotypes, and none of them is really accurate for anyone. Each aspect has its own unique contribution, and it's not at the expense of any other function: it's complementary.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's because we're all so magical, pure, pansexual, exotic, creative, gentle, artistic, emo, self-absorbed, and socially unacceptable.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I have very high Fi towards lying/stealing. It annoys me because I come off as super idealistic.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's because we're all so magical, pure, pansexual, exotic, creative, gentle, artistic, emo, self-absorbed, and socially unacceptable.

They're just jealous. (Spills sauce on my shirt and cries tears of joy at the image of Jesus that was formed by the splatter.)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're just jealous. (Spills sauce on my shirt and cries tears of joy at the image of Jesus that was formed by the splatter.)

Hahaha, nice! I'm glad you're back, too. ;D

(Hides because she used to make fun of people like that). :peepwall:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
People who trample on values hate on people who still believe in values (and those people who are occassionally called "goody two-shoes"). I don't think it is an Fi-only thing, but you know, it gets associated with Fi and so some people don't like it I guess.

But I saw really all Functions in some way here devalued. I am not sure if Fi is one of the ones which get the most "hate".

edit: Uh, I forgot somehow coherence a bit in my post. What I describe is obviously only one possible aspect which I myself have observed; I don't know of other common aspects, but that doesn't mean you couldn't find more maybe.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe gets the hate more than Fi.

The only non hated on functions around here are Ni, Ne & Ti. All others are seen as problematic, especially by others who don't make immediate use of them.
I think Ti's not discussed as much because it's not as understood.

you've got to be kidding me. Ne is THE most hated on function in IRL. any extremist authoritarian state will basically kill you if you use Ne (aka, the people who say "what if you're wrong" when the state is trying to brain wash them"

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
you've got to be kidding me. Ne is THE most hated on function in IRL. any extremist authoritarian state will basically kill you if you use Ne (aka, the people who say "what if you're wrong" when the state is trying to brain wash them"

HAHA! Great point. Not only that, but IRL non NE users seem to think Ne users are just flat out Nut Jobs.