• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Why does everyone hate on Fi?

Noon

edit: Never mind. I probably don't have enough energy to participate.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
One of the reasons I love Fi is it's purity of purpose and ideal. It is simply what is to an individual and it reveals their core; when you see it you know it is what it is, there's not need to worry with it around.

People should remember that Fi has some miraculous oppositions; in the one hand it is endlessly forgiving, in the opposite is vengeful; in the one hand it is extreme compassion in the other it is intolerant.

I find it one of the most intriguing aspects of personality. Although as documented INTJs have a tendancy to give way to outbursts of clear emotion; perhaps my views are simply acting to type regarding this.

I was recently reminiscing that the very start of Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough, that Fergie sings can be seen as somewhat Fi esque in it's purity.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJB2_rn-qs"][/YOUTUBE]

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see Fi is responsible for persecution complexes.

i suspect you were half-jesting, but actually, i wouldn't disagree that Fi could be a thinking process that easily leads to persecution complexes. an upside of Fi is delving into oneself and others and understanding individual identity (which incidentally can be applied to places and situations as well, not just people) and the beauty of how different we all are. but one of the major downsides is understanding how exquisitely different we all are. from there it's only a depressive hop, skip, and a jump away from bemoaning how oneself and others will never be reconciled, how you're always alone, blah blah emo blah.

but on the upside this same aspect gives strong Fi users the two advantages of a) being able to identify, recreate, and respond to "essences"/identities and b) being able to foster the existence of harmonious difference. Fi can encourage individuality to flourish and appreciate different things for their difference without feeling threatened by it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like Fi, a lot. I'm trying to emulate it.. and it's saving my mental health. Or maybe I'm trying to stop emulating Fe. I get confused.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As others have already said, it's not hated anymore than any of the other functions.

It falls on the various individuals on this forum and individual bias/preference; there are numerous people on here who have serious angst against one function or another, or towards one or two particular types, which I don't really understand, but it is what it is. Definitely not isolated to Fi.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess Fi's are more badass than the huggy-bunny, smell-the-flowers, avoid-all-conflict treehuggers they pretend to be sometimes? :)

... actually, I'm not sure why this has to be war at all.
How inconvenient.

Hehehe....I just pretend to be bad-ass to get a point across. ;D I'd rather win someone over than overrun someone any day.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i wouldn't disagree that Fi could be a thinking process that easily leads to persecution complexes.

I think FEELING can lead to this, when it gets distorted, because its valuations have lost perspective. I regularly see FJs playing "victim" or "martyr". You know the whole, "I'm so concerned with the group needs & helping others that I don't take care of my own needs." Not taking care of their own needs & being too perfect are about the only flaws you'll get most of those people to admit... They're always a victim, being taken advantage of for being too nice & caring. FPs who feel persecuted all the time have lost perspective also.

rav3n

I guess Fi's are more badass than the huggy-bunny, smell-the-flowers, avoid-all-conflict treehuggers they pretend to be sometimes? :)

... actually, I'm not sure why this has to be war at all.
How inconvenient.
Do I look like a huggy bunny type? :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think FEELING can lead to this, when it gets distorted, because its valuations have lost perspective. I regularly see FJs playing "victim" or "martyr". You know the whole, "I'm so concerned with the group needs & helping others that I don't take care of my own needs." Not taking care of their own needs & being too perfect are about the only flaws you'll get most of those people to admit... They're always a victim, being taken advantage of for being too nice & caring. FPs who feel persecuted all the time have lost perspective also.

I don't think this is so much a feeling thing as a weird characteristic of certain individuals, wouldn't you say?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ scientists will figure it out first, and ENTJs will grudgingly agree after the facts are presented.

NTPs will declare it a ridiculous Ni delusion, and go on about their day, smirking to themselves that anyone could believe Fi could be worthy of love. Heck, they'd put it up there with other silly notions like "believing in a god."

I believe in God and I believe Fi deserves to be loved.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe in God and I believe Fi deserves to be loved.

lol it was a joke because Ti opposes Fi

NTJs have Fi themselves, because it's their tert/inf function...which is why INTJs would discover it, and ENTJs would grudgingly agree (it takes people longer to accept the inferior)

:hug:

The_World_As_Will

I have no problem with Fi, in fact I can understand it, though only as an INTP, Fi, to me is the other end of the same coin, though maybe it's with Fi-doms I can understand it better, tert./ inf Fi isn't good, but it tends to be less developed or :p inferior

but nah Fi gotz mah loves :wubbie:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
lol it was a joke because Ti opposes Fi

NTJs have Fi themselves, because it's their tert/inf function...which is why INTJs would discover it, and ENTJs would grudgingly agree (it takes people longer to accept the inferior)

:hug:

Word. :hifive:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i didn't know everyone hated Fi. :cry:

Nah, Indy, don't worry about it - they're just jealous. ;D

Seriously though, I think people often discard or disapprove of things they don't understand because it's *easier* and *less effort* than trying to learn more.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ooooh and sometimes people just hate you and not your functions. that's life though.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have no problem with Fi, in fact I can understand it, though only as an INTP, Fi, to me is the other end of the same coin, though maybe it's with Fi-doms I can understand it better, tert./ inf Fi isn't good, but it tends to be less developed or :p inferior

but nah Fi gotz mah loves :wubbie:

this

Sunny Ghost

Finally went back through and read the thread...

...so guys... what did we learn from all of this?

1. Ne get's it the worst.
2. Ti probably appreciates Fi the least, but this isn't blatant hatred.
3. Fe is probably more hated than Fi, but why, I'm uncertain personally, since they care for everyone and put everyone else first.

Honestly, I think what function one see's as least valuable is based more upon one's specific type. I get really tired of reading these types of threads. Everyone's got beef with someone.

My personal experience in life is that I come across very little hatred from others. I'm generally well liked, seen as genuine, friendly, compassionate. I only ever have problems with ESTP females in real life. And this isn't necessarily ALWAYS the case, either. But they usually view me as weird or goody-two shoes.

I assume others types will have problems with some other specific type as well. And that's just how it goes. Relationship theories are really interesting, and make a lot more sense than general umbrella remarks like, "Everyone, don't care who you are, will and have and do dislike X."

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
This doesn't make any sense.
Why do people make these threads?!

Am I the only one who thinks this DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE?

Fi doesn't manifest itself, THE SAME in everyone, it is not A CONSTANT, therefor you cannot treat it as A CONSTANT.

And there's also a lot of generalizations. Starting with the FIRST sentence in the thread.

Things are NOT BLACK AND WHITE. They are not Fi/Ti.

They're like a fucking painting with an enormous variation of colors.