• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJ attracting INFP

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I've realized that a lot of the girls who find me attractive are INFP. Even more so than the ENFP/ENTP who are supposed to be our ideal partner. Any explanations?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It doesn't seem surprising to me at all that an INFP would find an INTJ attractive. Many do. NFPs I think can be drawn to NTJs, and NFJs to NTPs.

I mean, not always, of course, but there are certain patterns which show themselves.

Nebby, how the heck would an ISFP mistake themselves for INTJ?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
^My post is tinged with sarcasm. It seems that this is not a talent of mine.

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
I find that I am naturally attracted to ISFJs and INFJs. To be totally honest, I would never want a girlfriend with dominant Ti. That would drive me nuts. I also despise Ni users and could never date one. They tend to be self-righteous and narrow minded in my experience.

Oh yeah, and strong Te is even worse.

A

Anew Leaf

NT can be a good balance for us. A fellow I is generally relaxing to be around. and the J balances our super P traits. (at least someone will pay the bills ;))

I try to get Along with ENTJs but I think I just confuse and annoy them.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm...well, a lot of INTJ guys have found me attractive in the past. I can't say I returned the feeling; I've been drawn more to INTPs & INFJs. I think some INxx types are just drawn to each other because there is an understanding that comes out of being an INxx type in an SJ world. It's like, "hey, you think a bit differently, kinda like I do", but there are still many differences to keep things interesting.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I've heard NTs and NFs usually complement each other in a relationship, much like SJs and SPs. That's hardly a rigid rule, of course. :)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
We like INTJs' tiny pool of Fi.

A

Anew Leaf

I've heard NTs and NFs usually complement each other in a relationship, much like SJs and SPs. That's hardly a rigid rule, of course. :)

Ha! For me it is. ;) I love my S friends but I don't connect on a deeper level with them.

Scenario 1 with my ISFJ friend:

Me: I was thinking about whether or not we can ride sharks in heaven.
ISFJ: So I was looking at Victoria's Secret the other night and found the CUTEST bra, omg you have to get one!
Me: And then I went on a journey to see Saturn... did you know that I celebrate my Saturn birthdays?
ISFJ: So after we eat here, we need to go buy some ok?
Me: And then I woke up and I really wanted to hug my pillow because I had a sad dream and I cried.
ISFJ: Are you listening to me? We are going to Victoria's Secret!
Me: What?

Me with my INFP best friend:

Me: I was thinking about whether we can rides sharks in heaven.
BF: OMG! THAT WOULD RULE! But what if they want to eat us? :X
Me: It's ok! In heaven we will be made out of cream cheese so they won't WANT to eat us!
BF: OMG FOOLPROOF IDEA! Let's go test it!

ETC.

I am too NF to really date another NF. Our combined NF-ness would form Voltron and then a neutron star and then a black hole. Maybe in that order.

I need a nice scientific NT who wants to play "let's discover lightening! you be the kite, and I hold you." Me: yay!

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
We like INTJs' tiny pool of Fi.

This is so true. Their tiny pool of Fi is SO CUTE! Esp when they finally decide to let it out, they can be ever so sweet in a, "I will take over the world and you can help me slit the throats of those who oppose me" kind of way. <3 <3

Ooops. I think i said too much.....

NT can be a good balance for us. A fellow I is generally relaxing to be around. and the J balances our super P traits. (at least someone will pay the bills ;))

I try to get Along with ENTJs but I think I just confuse and annoy them.

^^^^^^^THIS!!!! Exactly!!!

Me too, my first bf was INTJ, he was detatched and logical but gave the best cuddles ive ever had. I dated an ENTJ last year, but his ego got to me.

Nicodemus

Me: I was thinking about whether or not we can ride sharks in heaven.
From a christian standpoint, I am afraid, that would be impossible, because only humans, being created in the image of god, having immortal souls, free will and a concept of good and evil, can go to heaven. You might be able to ride an angel, though.

A

Anew Leaf

From a christian standpoint, I am afraid, that would be impossible, because only humans, being created in the image of god, having immortal souls, free will and a concept of good and evil, can go to heaven. You might be able to ride an angel, though.

<< I is christian.

<< I believe that when I die I get to go explore the universe.

<< Also anyone who has ever had a pet knows that they too have souls and therefore shall be going to heaven.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

Yup. And as far as the INTJ-INFP dynamic goes.. there does seem to be something to it, as browsing the net I've come across many questions and discussion on this dynamic and quite a few people saying they are in LT relations and very happy. I've also read that the INFP has a way of turning the INTJ into emotional mush, something that ENFP's can also do but in a different way. Its the way that the dom fi interacts with tertiary fi, instead of the ENFP's aux Fi interacting with it.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
<< I is christian.

<< I believe that when I die I get to go explore the universe.

<< Also anyone who has ever had a pet knows that they too have souls and therefore shall be going to heaven.

You have a pet shark? :shock: Boy, you're even cooler than I thought! :laugh:

A

Anew Leaf

You have a pet shark? :shock: Boy, you're even cooler than I thought! :laugh:

I WANT a pet shark SO bad. :(

I was going to be a marine biologist at one point and study sharks and live in Antarctica.

I still want to do that. :(

You can get a dwarf shark for salt water tanks. But the one I REALLY WANT is a whale shark. However, even if I had the unlimited funds to do this, I cannot because it's cruel.

The Atlanta aquarium makes me a sad sharkanda.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
I believe INFPs are the second most numerous by type on INTJforum. :D I'm one of them.