• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] ENFJs and INFPs as good thinkers?

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
Since these types both have an "inferior" fourth thinking function, does this mean they're pretty strong in thinking? Since this fourth function is the motivation of each type, I would think the respective types would use them often.

For example, I have met a couple of ENFJs that have a stronger thinking faculty than their INFJ counterparts who have it as a tertiary function. Their affinity for thinking can be seen when they go into business which uses more quant skills than qualitative skills. I would guess that this dual T/F is due to an easier transition from a judging function to a judging function.

I would assume this would work on perceivers who have primary functions in N/S.

This is a hypothesis and a idea in development

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
In my experience, Thinking definitely plays an aspirational role. My ability to use Te is limited and how I use it seems pretty specific. I don't really understand Te in me to any great extent.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have an affinity for thinking, as well as an affinity for thinkers.

I think a lot of people do, (or at least some), regardless of type.

Or, in general, I think it is a human trait/quality to think, and aspire to think, i.e. the ability and facility to think lies somewhere in our human genome.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Be careful with oversimplifications of MBTI.
The issue with the INFP's I know certainly is NOT whether they think well or not. It is what they decide to do with the outcome and how they fit that into their analysis and decisions, which is quite different from what I do as an INTP.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Well I think a lot, may be even too much but even. I hope that answers your question.:D

heart

heart on fire
I wish my thinking worked more consistantly. It seems to come in bursts, like inspiration from no where. I have to feel for something for thinking to work well. That's hard to deal with at times. I admire Ti.