• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] An honest opinion on Conan O'Brien (from NFs).

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
There's this random post from this random guy called blizzy;

http://forums.intpcentral.com/archive/index.php/t-36460.html

"Listen to Conan O'Brien give his monologue. While he always says, "We have a great show tonight," which is certainly outwardly judgmental, his natural injections to the monologue outside of the canned jokes regularly include "what could be" perceptions regarding people in the audience and their reactions to certain jokes, uncomfortable pauses, etc. If he is not xNxP, I would be surprised. I say this independent of the show's off the wall sketch ideas (which may or may not be his ideas to begin with), rather I say this in light of the construction of the statements that he formulates on the fly."

Which is pretty true...

Conan being XNXP is very logical as INFPs, INTPs, ENFPs & ENTPs share the same functions in different orders right?

And when I'm convinced when I see his personality somewhat mimicking mine as I'm an INXP, yet it's perfect because he does seem more of an extrovert, - so yeah, I got fully convinced he's XNXP.

But a little more 'researchin'' lead to this;

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...itive-what-conan-o-brien-s-type-thread-2.html

Half the people go he's an ENFP or ENTP, or ESFP or ENFJ...

...they're making me feel like a blundering FOOL!!!!:steam: so I need some NFs to help me solve this because y'all would know about other NFs to tell me whether this Conan is one...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hm brb i vote EN so far

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Everyone wants Conan to be their type, so naturally you'll hear a lot of shout-outs.. and his openly confident demeanor will always hint at Extroversion.

I have no idea what he is, but I do not think he is ENFP. I can, however, easily see xNxP.

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
^LOL

I'm gonna guess he's ENTP, or something

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think I watched him once (maybe).

I didn't watch him again.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Teeg... don't make me become severely disappointed in you. Too late, I already am.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to watch him at times. I thought he was fairly funny. I definately think he is Extroverted, Intuitive, Perceiving. He could go Feeling or Thinking, its hard to tell. Infact, Its hard to type many famous people, politicians, actors, etc. because they will always be pushing image.

But if you watch Conan closely, you can see that he looks for visible queues from people he interviews. ENFP's do that. Do ENTP's?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My honest opinion is that his nose is pointy, and I find Jon Stewart much more attractive, but one of my old friends had a fantasy about shagging the dude - she had this fetish for Irish men.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
he reads more ENTP when he's scripted and more F when he's not. i'm going with ENFP until further notice.

i'm pretty neutral on him though. not the funniest, not bad though. kind of entertaining. his leaving speech from NBC was sweet.

revolve

Conan never seemed funny to me....I am a Letterman gal.

me too . . . and i am enfp. conan kinda grates on me but letterman i could listen / watch his antics all day long. conan is just not funny to me. i don't think conan is enfp at all.

A

Anew Leaf

Oh god. Letterman. Shudder. He's too new York for me.

I've always thought Cohan was ENTP. His jokes seem very N to me. :)

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Jon Stewart > Stephen Cobert > Jon Stewart's dog > Conan O'brien > Conan O'brien's dog > Bill Mayer (sp?) > Jon Stewart's dog's excrement > Glenn Beck