• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs. Not easily impressed?

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
i am way too stubborn to take advice and i am certainly not an ENFP, i dont think it's something that is intrinsic to the type

you should also consider the possibility that your advice sucks

AWESOME

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Okay, I the "hmm, okay" part.
One is when I ask my dad for advice. He gives me advice, and then gives me advice on top of that that I didn't really ask for. At some point in the advice-giving session, I decided that I got what I had needed, and I had already "checked out" of the conversation mentally before he was done because he sort of surpassed my question. So the hmmm, okay was for the extra stuff, even though I listened to the rest and got a lot out of it.

My advice, if this is happening, is to give a little bit of advice, and if an ENFP is interested, he or she will 100% ask you another question or urge you to go on, pretty much guaranteed.
This is soooooo true for me as well, spot on!!!

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
i just thought how it was kind of funny how you're asking advice of the kinds of people that you think aren't listening to your advice...so...are you going to take our advice? :)

headhurts

MBTI Type
INxJ
yeah, it's called the cycle of life right...
What was your collective advice anyway?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ENFPs. Not easily impressed?

My case: It only depends on a person
Some people are so charming that I get impressed straight away (I really cannot say of which MBTI type they would be). Most of people are just regular people and I'm usually quite friendly with them but not any way impressed.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
That dont impress me much ahan ahan lalalalala (Shanai Twain?)

It takes a lot to impress me! dats for sure.
But I get inspired by small innocent beautiful things.
As for advice: I listen, reflect, sift it, and if it matches my internal value system I take it, if not, out it goes in the dustbin!
:D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes... if I can recall feeling "impressed" by someone (a guy I liked, etc) it was because I was letting my imagination go wild and really just seeing what I wanted to see.

Inspiration... inspiration comes from seeing something REAL and identifying with it.