• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Confused over ENFJ Affection plz HELP!

paddington bear

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hi Guys,

I've read alot of ENFJ threads that address how one knows if an ENFJ likes them romantically, and I'm kind of confused. Many posters said things to the effect of "if an ENFJ likes you they will most likely become uncharacteristically tongue-tied or quiet , and perhaps even avoid the object of their affection, for fear of saying something to make the love interest not like them." I also read comments to the effect of "if an ENFJ is interested in you, you've never been more sure of anything in your life!" So I"m confused. Isn't that contradictory? or is it to mean that if an ENFJ is flirting with other people in front of you and avoiding you, you can most certainly be sure that they're interested in you? :huh:
j/k but really--what is it? thanks!

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
it sounds like
they might be more willing to open up to a stranger then someone they care about more cause there is not as much value placed on the relationship then that of the one they are interested in.

it sound like if they are in a relationship with someone already, they may go out of their way to avoid the person they maybe attracted to and might feign dislike or no interest in them. might act super hyper critical (i dont know about his one)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I dunno I guess it depends on the specific person of interest? I actually pursued my INFP ex boyfriend :). I was at a DnB Club just hanging out in the lounge area and saw him on the other side of the room....I was immediately attracted to him! He looked alone and a little bummed out so I went over to start a conversation (turns out the girl he went with dissed him and he was left alone in a place he was uncomfortable with, the place was not his scene at all), I complimented him on his dreadlocks so we mainly talked about that (I actually wanted to get some locks at the time). Then we parted ways....but then before the night was over I thought to myself, dangit I gotta get his number!!! I like him!!! So I ran around the club looking for him, I guess he was looking for me too. <3 ;) Anyway I found him and got his digits, we went out on a few dates and ended staying together for 4 years :). I was very up front with him, maybe it was his vibe...who knows.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dunno I guess it depends on the specific person of interest? I actually pursued my INFP ex boyfriend :). I was at a DnB Club just hanging out in the lounge area and saw him on the other side of the room....I was immediately attracted to him! He looked alone and a little bummed out so I went over to start a conversation (turns out the girl he went with dissed him and he was left alone in a place he was uncomfortable with, the place was not his scene at all), I complimented him on his dreadlocks so we mainly talked about that (I actually wanted to get some locks at the time). Then we parted ways....but the before the night was over I thought to myself, dangit I gotta get his number!!! I like him!!! So I ran around the club looking for him, I guess he was looking for me too. <3 ;) Anyway I found him and got his digits, we went out on a few dates and ended staying together for 4 years :). I was very up front with him, maybe it was his vibe...who knows.

your gonna feel what i theorize and project you to feel enfj! :p

where are all the enfj`s anyway?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
your gonna feel what i theorize and project you to feel enfj! :p

where are all the enfj`s anyway?

lol :) You will do as I say....ENFJ POWER! Bam! Just kidding ;).

Afkan

Hi Guys,

I've read alot of ENFJ threads that address how one knows if an ENFJ likes them romantically, and I'm kind of confused. Many posters said things to the effect of "if an ENFJ likes you they will most likely become uncharacteristically tongue-tied or quiet , and perhaps even avoid the object of their affection, for fear of saying something to make the love interest not like them." I also read comments to the effect of "if an ENFJ is interested in you, you've never been more sure of anything in your life!" So I"m confused. Isn't that contradictory? or is it to mean that if an ENFJ is flirting with other people in front of you and avoiding you, you can most certainly be sure that they're interested in you? :huh:
j/k but really--what is it? thanks!
Oh no... do we really mess with people or something or is that just how it sounds? ... :)
I think its impossible to apply an if then kinda statement here bc for myself, everything depends on the situation. Meaning, how I have approached someone I've liked in the past depends on where I am, whats appropriate for the setting, how I feel about myself & where I perceive I am in my personal growth, how I think the other person will compliment me and I him. So for example, if I found someone I was attracted to but had felt depressed for a while or something I might try going to the gym or start some exciting new goal to get me feeling happy about life again. i think that for myself, as an ENFJ, its my worst nightmare to not have anything to offer, reciprocity wise in relationships so I grade myself fairly harshly in this area and if things arent just right I might be stand offish at first until I feel the top of my game. There are other times when I am completely comfortable and approach people from the beginning, although if so then people might get screwed a little bc if I am pursuing you I might be too "stealth" and encourage and find out all the crap about a person real fast and they let their guard down- but if I am observing from afar, I am most likely seeing the positive and plotting how to act and am planning long-term. Of course the option where the person lets their guard down could work just fine too if the person is healthy.

Its also dangerous if I plot from afar bc I'm good at figuring out how to get what I want and can easily disullusion myself without realizing it and might idealize someone and not see their flaws and then once I'm planning long-term and sweeping them off their feet (haha as much as a chick can, yanno.....) and this can go bad too, if things go bad bc of my lack of grip on reality. :D

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Oh no... do we really mess with people or something or is that just how it sounds? ... :)
I think its impossible to apply an if then kinda statement here bc for myself, everything depends on the situation. Meaning, how I have approached someone I've liked in the past depends on where I am, whats appropriate for the setting, how I feel about myself & where I perceive I am in my personal growth, how I think the other person will compliment me and I him. So for example, if I found someone I was attracted to but had felt depressed for a while or something I might try going to the gym or start some exciting new goal to get me feeling happy about life again. i think that for myself, as an ENFJ, its my worst nightmare to not have anything to offer, reciprocity wise in relationships so I grade myself fairly harshly in this area and if things arent just right I might be stand offish at first until I feel the top of my game. There are other times when I am completely comfortable and approach people from the beginning, although if so then people might get screwed a little bc if I am pursuing you I might be too "stealth" and encourage and find out all the crap about a person real fast and they let their guard down- but if I am observing from afar, I am most likely seeing the positive and plotting how to act and am planning long-term. Of course the option where the person lets their guard down could work just fine too if the person is healthy.

Its also dangerous if I plot from afar bc I'm good at figuring out how to get what I want and can easily disullusion myself without realizing it and might idealize someone and not see their flaws and then once I'm planning long-term and sweeping them off their feet (haha as much as a chick can, yanno.....) and this can go bad too, if things go bad bc of my lack of grip on reality. :D

This is why ENFJs scare the crap out of me.:doh:

Neutralpov

This is why ENFJs scare the crap out of me.:doh:

lolz

I find this all too true as well unfortunately, "Its also dangerous if I plot from afar bc I'm good at figuring out how to get what I want and can easily disullusion myself without realizing it and might idealize someone and not see their flaws and then once I'm planning long-term and sweeping them off their feet (haha as much as a chick can, yanno.....) and this can go bad too, if things go bad bc of my lack of grip on reality."

The good news is the people I like usually are quality and help me realize this and ground me. It is still shocking how much I do this in retrospect, and how jarring and suddenly it can flip or end with an AHA! and boom the next day be different.

paddington bear

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
so I think this guy is just over me now :( even tho he's suggesting meeting up next month, when I emailed last week to confirm dates he never responded. I'm not sure why he'd bother bringing it up if he's just going to ignore me. :huh: I don't get it...

Neutralpov

Translation: I think you are nice and would hang out with you (and that's all, not romantic).

Sidenote- If he didn't invite you to hang out politely that would be death sentence. Also here in the south people extend courtesy invites all the time that never materialize and are not meant to. It is a polite formality and just extends friendliness

V

violaine

so I think this guy is just over me now :( even tho he's suggesting meeting up next month, when I emailed last week to confirm dates he never responded. I'm not sure why he'd bother bringing it up if he's just going to ignore me. :huh: I don't get it...

He might be trying to be polite. (Which is usually more painful than being straightforward ever would have been.) Or may not want conflict and is trying to fade out. Regardless of his possible motivations, I would pay attention to his actions. That will tell you all you need to know.

paddington bear

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
thanks guys --you are the best! after years of over-analyzing relationships I'm determined to just let actions speak for themselves. If someone likes you, they'll make it known and want to be around you. not rocket science. I'm tired of looking for hidden meaning/motivation. if this dude is interested in me, he can put forth some effort, otherwise I need to move on. :)

V

violaine

^I made up my mind to do this a little while ago. It's very freeing! Good luck. :hug:

(I'm INFJ. I have come to think that it's important for INFs to require a little effort on the part of a love interest. Keeps a person more safe in the long run.)