• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP 4w5

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm ENFP 4w5!

Though I'm low on extroversion. So if it is common for INFPs, then it isn't that strange.

That's interesting, but if you are low on the E then it's understandable. For me, I think that being a 4w5 has tricked people into believing that I'm an INTP or and INTJ. I definitely have my cold moments where I'm like 'screw it all and everyone in it'. So I've received a lot of first based, half-assed, assumptions that I'm a cold individual.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
That's interesting, but if you are low on the E then it's understandable. For me, I think that being a 4w5 has tricked people into believing that I'm an INTP or and INTJ. I definitely have my cold moments where I'm like 'screw it all and everyone in it'. So I've received a lot of first based, half-assed, assumptions that I'm a cold individual.

It's strange because I class as a calm on big 5. I'm not really moody or anything, maybe can translate as like the types you mentioned. I don't offend really easily either. Or get heated when the other person is in an argument. They can be yelling and screaming at me, and sometimes it's just like watching a movie. I react if they need some emotional cue to help them calm down and be quiet. Sometimes I wish I did lose it more, because it can feel like for some reason I'm not attaching to this stuff like I should. When I do lose it, it is normally because I'm really stuck and frustrated with reality, or getting too self conscious and feel like I'm trapping myself trying to be something I'm not, and just need to release that feeling to somewhere. I never normally feel like releasing it at people though, more just want to go a bit nuts so I feel less trapped. Running outside and rolling around on the ground like an idiot would probably be as useful for it as punching my bed or my pillow.

I'm also really analytical and logical, and sometimes feel like I'm not an emotional enough to be an ENFP. I make an art of finding problems in relationships when they start and unless I get a clear and comfortable feeling about the other person and don't feel they are playing around, I tend to show too much interest (if that is possible) and be my own undoing. Other times someone can like me and I can be cold to it. Like after a week just feel like I'd rather something else. I normally figure it is because I just comfortably fell into it and wasn't over the top about chasing them in the first place. That might be a more global thing though, the whole get the one you won't looking for, and never quite get there with the one you really want. Don't really believe in it, it just seems to happen. I read 4w5s aren't the greatest relationship makers, so I fit that. My LTR count is 0. I'm never an asshole or anything in a relationship though, and rarely accusational. I just strive for a mutuality that never quite exists. Like I want the connection on another level to feel complete. I always feel close though, and feel a pretty pure love when I like someone, and it tends to make me a better person in all parts of my life for a while. Last few times, I've been the one to walk off though. Things work well and I'm bored of it. It feels like going through the motions and the same crap. Maybe I'm a little depressed. Though I still hit the highs well whenever I get the chance, so not really depressed, just in need of something new to kick me into life again.

What are you like in general that would help me confirm 4w5? What is a 4w5 like?

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Interesting point of view noigmn I can definitely relate to what you are saying.

I read 4w5s aren't the greatest relationship makers, so I fit that.

Yeah, ditto. Whether it's friends or the dating world I suck. When I was younger I had no problem making friends because people seemed to be drawn to me and I let them. I think over the years and having a better understanding of the world has hardened me in some ways, so now I'm cautious about everyone and everything.

They can be yelling and screaming at me, and sometimes it's just like watching a movie. I react if they need some emotional cue to help them calm down and be quiet.

I like how you described these moments. I do tend to sit back and let the other person rant about whatever so they look foolish in the end. And I will only express my opinions in a heated rage if they start stomping on mine.

I just strive for a mutuality that never quite exists. Like I want the connection on another level to feel complete. I always feel close though, and feel a pretty pure love when I like someone, and it tends to make me a better person in all parts of my life for a while. Last few times, I've been the one to walk off though. Things work well and I'm bored of it.

I understand this completely. I have done this with many friendships in the past. Sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it to put so much effort when you're not getting anything in return. As for relationships and dating I have done the same thing. I guess that's where I'm inept because I place people on pedestals and not always with me realizing it.

Maybe I'm a little depressed. Though I still hit the highs well whenever I get the chance, so not really depressed, just in need of something new to kick me into life again.

I think I'm in that boat too. I have more down than up these days. However, most people wouldn't know by looking at me. I have perfected my stoic 'game' face for years. At first glance you wouldn't know that I'm slowly dying from rage inside. I try to take those high moments anyway I can by making an effort to keep myself busy everyday.

What are you like in general that would help me confirm 4w5? What is a 4w5 like?

Well, I think the feeling of not belonging anywhere consumes me. I do feel strangely out of place when I'm around people. I just don't fit the typical human criteria, I guess. I'm in no way stuck up, but I feel as if everything around me isn't as important as everyone says it is and somehow I deserve something different. Not something of a higher or greater value, just not this life. Not to sound dramatic, but sometimes I do feel like I'm drowning. I get a lot of panic attacks during the week along with severe migraines.

I guess the main difference from a healthy and unhealthy 4w5 is the sulking, lol. Unhealthy 4w5's will most likely dwell even further into their dark moments, sort of like living side by side with the world in a dark shell of their own. Even though I'm not overly fantasy prone I'm constantly thinking of having a different life in great detail and specifics. I think I do possess traits for an unhealthy INFP in general.

I read this description about 4w5's and this fits me to a T.

depressed, feels invisible, nihilistic, reveals little about self, fragile, dark, bizarre, feels undesirable, reclusive, weird, irritable, frequently second guesses self, unassertive, unsympathetic, low self control, observer, worrying, phobic, suspicious, unproductive, avoidant, negative, bad at saving money, emotionally sensitive, does not like to stand out, submissive, daydreamer

I'm also the sp/soc type and this just further adds to my personal issues.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I don't have a huge amount of personal issues or social issues. I've just been digging and there's a few things I ignore that seem to be holding me back at the moment. And looking more at it, I've always done them in some way, they don't really seem that fatal though, just something to understand. I don't really rage. Like I'm not repressing anger, I just sometimes don't get other people having it. Though I do wait too long to fix problems sometimes, and cause more issues than it should have. I don't want to be anyone else but me either, but I agree I want my life different to what it is now. I also do the not revealing a lot about myself. Well I reveal tonnes about myself, but not much of the stuff that is really close to my heart.

Ouroboros

MBTI Type
INFP
depressed, feels invisible, nihilistic, reveals little about self, fragile, dark, bizarre, feels undesirable, reclusive, weird, irritable, frequently second guesses self, unassertive, unsympathetic, low self control, observer, worrying, phobic, suspicious, unproductive, avoidant, negative, bad at saving money, emotionally sensitive, does not like to stand out, submissive, daydreamer

And that's just the positive side! It does fit well, though. I tested as 4w5, but I'm not sure what the characteristics of an INFP 4w5 would be as I'd project a lot of myself into it. I don't feel nice or caring the way the INFP of stereotypes is. I'm not easily offended, more like turned off. I don't take things as an insult to all I hold dear, but I do question people a lot, so it can seem that way. I don't know why 4w5 would be called the Bohemian, but I am very self-absorbed. I'm trying to work on that, but it's not a top priority at the moment.

I do seek a lot of creative outlets like songwriting, writing fiction, decorating my house, photography, (crappy) poetry, etc, but I'm only serious about the first two. I lean toward darker subjects since happy seems forced and cheesy when I do it. I always have a million ideas but never the finished products.

I do have a MySpace account, but I'm debating deleting it since I use it so rarely.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I don't take things as an insult to all I hold dear, but I do question people a lot, so it can seem that way.

Yeh, I don't get insulted very easily and when people think I am, I'm normally annoyed that the information and interesting conversation stopped flowing. Because I was questioning a point out of interest rather than defending something.

I do seek a lot of creative outlets like songwriting, writing fiction, decorating my house, photography, (crappy) poetry, etc, but I'm only serious about the first two. I lean toward darker subjects since happy seems forced and cheesy when I do it. I always have a million ideas but never the finished products.

I do have a MySpace account, but I'm debating deleting it since I use it so rarely.

Interesting. I didn't do anything much creative till I was 18. I just started writing poetry one day. Then it became a past time, then an obsession. It probably wasn't that worth reading till I was about 22 though. And I never stopped to read any other poets really. Just wrote.

I got a guitar for my 21st, and tried to learn to play it, but was pretty slow to pick up much. Just played around and learnt new skills. But recently I've got more comfortable and started songwriting lots.

I got into photography more in the last year two. I was always into it when it was there to do, but never really made a hobby of it.

I want to get into fiction writing but I don't read books, and it is a little bit larger and more complex to pick up on the fly than poetry. I had a strange idea to write a whole book without descriptive language, because it can feel so distant. Like when it is descriptive, you aren't really involved in the book, they just tell you about someone, and you choose to imagine it. It is sort of a cold way of putting you there. Or maybe just feels cold to an ENFP, because I don't really judge much on having a slightly crooked big toe, or liking the look of their grandmother's kitchen... My sister (dom Se) would probably love it though.

Last edited: