• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] The Many Faces of INFJ

Which one have you been?

• Total voters

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Most of those types make me feel tired just reading them.

I think there are different types of INFJs, but that list feels a bit suspect. It doesn't cover all the bases. I get some of it, but it doesn't seem to include any of the squishy ones. There are a lot of squishy INFJs.

Squishy Ones?

What's a squishy one like? haha...I need a description of squishy INFJ [cause right now, I'm seeing plush toy dolls with little INFJ t-shirts in my mind's eye and we need to fix that picture!]

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very interesting.

I'm mostly Method Actor and Destroyer of Worlds (sorry), the Revolutionary sometimes, and SP-Wannabe when the going gets tough.
[MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] The squishy comment is a valid one, I think I understand the INFJ breed being referred to (and there are different extremes). While I'm not overtly "squishy", I do have a touch of that. A couple simple examples: I have a FOID card and I write predominantly with Jelly Roll pens. When people are hurt, I feel for them but usually by way of righteous anger at their situation/antagonist. Fia, how would you describe an overtly squishy INFJ?

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] The squishy comment is a valid one, I think I understand the INFJ breed being referred to (and there are different extremes). While I'm not overtly "squishy", I do have a touch of that. A couple simple examples: I have a FOID card and I write predominantly with Jelly Roll pens. When people are hurt, I feel for them but usually by way of righteous anger at their situation/antagonist. Fia, how would you describe an overtly squishy INFJ?
I'm not sure how to describe it except that the aspects of the INFJ descriptions I tend to not relate to are the more aggressive ones. Also, it just feels like people who internalize Fe/Se and are sensitive to it, for whom Ni is a bit of an inward pointed megaphone, there is a way that I think INFJs are not quite so sharp-edged as people often think because the "J" translates into the whole "Type A" personality meme. I don't think all INFJs are a "Type A" personality like the above choices indicate. I find for my own self I am quite driven and have always worked really hard, but I'm really laid back with other people. I can give an MBTI explanation for it as well. You know how INTJs like efficient systems and are sometimes engineers of the external world? I think INFJs can be like that for subjective systems that involve values, feelings, people. The way I manage to create external peace in the world around me is by becoming internally adaptable. In that way I'm pretty squishy.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
There aren't many faces of INFJ. There are just a lot of goddamn mistypes.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
There aren't many faces of INFJ. There are just a lot of goddamn mistypes.

Yes, there are many mistypes; you are right. I definitely see where you're coming from but I disagree when you say there aren't many faces. Maybe there aren't as many faces as this particular article indicates, but there are many faces. Every type has many faces.

People are complex, regardless of types, and while a huge amount may well be mistyped, it still stands to reason that no two are going to have the exact same balance of functions so that no two people of any type are going to be developed the same way, therefore, they will have different faces [or various manifestations of differing balances of the same functions].

You can think you know a person inside out and then have that person completely surprise you. Background, beliefs, ethics, age, ethnicity, religion, etc. all play in to making a person who they are.

Hmmm...perhaps someone should write an article about the many faces of ESTPs or ESTJs or INFPs...that might be an interesting read.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
hmm. Many faces of ESTJ would work. Also, ISTP's mistype all over the place as everything else as well (ENTP, INTP, INTJ, INFJ, ISFP, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ).

Most ESTPs I know are pretty cut and dry, and there are a lot of personalities who think they're ESTP. (ENTP's, ESFJ's, ENFJ's, ESTJ's, ESFP's)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] Good points. I would like to see the many faces of ISTPs. I find them...interesting. For the most part, you are right about ESTPs, BUT I've had a few surprises.