• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] What does Fi look like in INTJ's?

sculpting

For anyone lucky enough to see Fi in an INTJ.. what does this function look like when they use it? I am hoping to get some concrete examples.

Do INTJ's use the dark side of Fi?

Does it only surface in love or close friendships?

Does it make them uncomfortable?

Any thoughts MUCH appreciated.

<3 <------ this is a heart and not a nut sack, i found out yesterday =)

Ah, that nutsack comment is hysterical.

Fi is INTJs?

Look in their eyes. Its the look in their eyes that makes them look like they are always alone...

You have to look past the surface glare and it is there in every INTJ I have met.

I suspect i incorrectly translate and am incorrect in what they feel-but what I perceive is alone/hurt/desperation/pain and no kidding, I will hug the ones I work with. Because they need holding.

Fi in a good way gives them a deep sense of honor/integrity/stewardship, they seek protect those they care for. It can result in wisdom and great leadership.

immature Fi can make them a bit selfish. They will also incorrectly try and employ Te to problems where Fi would be a better fit, thus come up with odd resolutions to problems.

Fi gone bad is an Ni-Fi loop combined with context switching to resolve themselves of responsibility in a situation and subsequent never ending belittlement of the person they hate until the person dies. Good times.

A) Also-they are NiTeFiSe, thus their Fi is linked heavily to Se. They have a baby ISFP inside of them. They are Aesthetic Intellectuals. Thus they seem to experience Fi via Se mostly-via direct tactile/physical stimuli-seeing, touching, and holding. They dont seem to form deep emotional connections without this Se component-unlike an NFP.

B) Because Fi is linked to Se, their emotional judgments are linked heavily to the present moment. The most recent data points will outweigh any history in an interaction with another-Se is everything. An enfp will judge an emotional interaction with another over the entire course of that interaction-recent data points are compared to that history and considered anomalies if bizarre-Si is everything.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fi in a good way gives them a deep sense of honor/integrity/stewardship, they seek protect those they care for. It can result in wisdom and great leadership.

immature Fi can make them a bit selfish. They will also incorrectly try and employ Te to problems where Fi would be a better fit, thus come up with odd resolutions to problems.

They are Aesthetic Intellectuals. Thus they seem to experience Fi via Se mostly-via direct tactile/physical stimuli-seeing, touching, and holding.

THis is awesome! Exactly what I've seen in INTJ's that I've been close to, but I didn't have it broken down this well.
Are INTJ's aware of Fi? I know that sounds funny.. but is it more of something they only recognize occaionally, is it something always resting on the brink.. how they feel about something? Do they actively try to avoid Fi?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
THis is awesome! Exactly what I've seen in INTJ's that I've been close to, but I didn't have it broken down this well.
Are INTJ's aware of Fi? I know that sounds funny.. but is it more of something they only recognize occaionally, is it something always resting on the brink.. how they feel about something? Do they actively try to avoid Fi?

I don't know that we actively try to avoid it. We just try to make it the way we want and come out the way we want. That doesn't always work of course but it is better when we have the tactile/physical stimuli-seeing, touching, and holding as mentioned. Here's an example - if there are times I cry it is likely I'm hiding it too. My husband will make me look right at him and kiss the tears away. At first, I was a little appalled (ok more than a little) that he made me show them and worse, that he acknowledged them in this way. He's an ENFJ, there is NO WAY he could just hand me a tissue and leave me alone, no matter how uncomfortable it made me.

Nicodemus

Are INTJ's aware of Fi? I know that sounds funny.. but is it more of something they only recognize occaionally, is it something always resting on the brink.. how they feel about something?
It is always resting on the brink, but only a few and often unusual or unexpected things can push it into high activity. There are things of no importance, many things to which I have no or merely insignificant emotional response; there are other things about which I feel very strongly. Most of the time Fi is quietly humming in the background.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi is in everything I do. I value truth and justice not just because of Te, but Te combined with Fi. I care more about what is right and wrong than what is expedient because of Fi. People look at the cognitive functions all wrong. You don't use one function, then another, then another. They are all in use all the time. My relative weakness with Fi simply means I'm not as skilled with it, not that I'm not in constant dependence on it.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This would be grounds for revoking their INTJ credentials (especially the females).

Actually, that attitude is more common among INTJs than you might think. There are some men on the INTJforum who are very much woman-haters. It's really unfortunate.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, that attitude is more common among INTJs than you might think. There are some men on the INTJforum who are very much woman-haters. It's really unfortunate.
Are the women INTJs by extension, then, men-haters? This kind of prejudice is both illogical and counterproductive. It would therefore seem completely inconsistent with the (stereo)typical INTJ tendencies to ignore social conventions, to value independence and self-sufficiency, and to focus on the utility of things/people in reaching desirable goals.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Fi is in everything I do. I value truth and justice not just because of Te, but Te combined with Fi. I care more about what is right and wrong than what is expedient because of Fi. People look at the cognitive functions all wrong. You don't use one function, then another, then another. They are all in use all the time. My relative weakness with Fi simply means I'm not as skilled with it, not that I'm not in constant dependence on it.

Agree here. I think what ITJs need to realize Fi's influence in the situation. Sometimes it's seemingly non-existant, sometimes it's at the forefront. Recognizing and listening to it is the issue for Tert Fi users.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are the women INTJs by extension, then, men-haters? This kind of prejudice is both illogical and counterproductive. It would therefore seem completely inconsistent with the (stereo)typical INTJ tendencies to ignore social conventions, to value independence and self-sufficiency, and to focus on the utility of things/people in reaching desirable goals.

Ni is subjective. Sometimes bad experiences will cause an INTJ to generalize and apply certain characteristics to the entire group. The men of whom I speak are mostly guys who've had some bad relationships in the past, and instead of just acknowledging that they met a few bad apples, they've decided that all women must be this way. I don't think INTJs are always perfectly rational, even if that may be what we desire.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
It makes FPs protective of me.

A concrete example:

After my very first day at work I went out to have a drink with a group of people. Sitting next to me was an IFP. I was emotionally and physically drained, but a couple of guys in the group decided to taunt me about a guy. They kept going, said some pretty nasty things even though I asked them to stop repeatedly. They just kept going. I turned quiet and I was pretty defenceless and to me it felt like I was leaking all my hurt, almost broken...it also felt like IFP connected with the Fi that I was emanating and he had my back (I didn't even know him that well). He defended me, told them to stop (they didn't). Eventually I became so helpless and upset that I physically slapped one of the guys. Then the IFP left. Then I left. Have I forgiven those guys? No way...that was just cruel - you don't beat the shit out of someone that's down. I will also never forget that the IFP defended me.

Though TBH having my back and realising things are hurting me is not an FP exclusive.

Juliette

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ is about to fall in love: Concrete Blonde When You Smile

When you smile, I don't know what to do
Cause I could lose everything in a minute or two
And it seems like the end of the world

INTJ is in love: Farin Urlaub - Phenomenally Indifferent (translated from German)

I might lay awake at night, thinking about you for hours
But I really don't love you
For me, no woman in the world is as beautiful as you

Actually, I don't care about you
Actually, you are not my type
By no means I can say I love you

From time to time I stand near your door
But I don't want anything from you
Your picture just hangs here by chance
I don't want anything from you

You don't exist for me
Totally unimportant
Absolutely banal
I don't even notice you
You're so phenomenally indifferent to me

INTJ is in love and about to confess: Pink Floyd The Final Cut

And if I show you my dark side
Will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you
And show you my weak side
What would you do?

INTJ's overcome him/herself, confessed (what a miracle) and the response was negative: Destiny's Child Survivor

You thought that I'd be weak without you
But I'm stronger
You thought that I'd be broke without you
But I'm richer
You thought that I'd be sad without you
I laugh harder
You thought I wouldn't grow without you
Now I'm wiser
Though that I'd be helpless without you
But I'm smarter

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ is about to fall in love: Concrete Blonde When You Smile

When you smile, I don't know what to do
Cause I could lose everything in a minute or two
And it seems like the end of the world

INTJ is in love: Farin Urlaub - Phenomenally Indifferent (translated from German)

I might lay awake at night, thinking about you for hours
For me, no woman in the world is as beautiful as you

Actually, I don't care about you
Actually, you are not my type
By no means I can say I love you

From time to time I stand near your door
But I don't want anything from you
Your picture just hangs here by chance
I don't want anything from you

You don't exist for me
Totally unimportant
Absolutely banal
I don't even notice you
You're so phenomenally indifferent to me

INTJ is in love and about to confess: Pink Floyd The Final Cut

And if I show you my dark side
Will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you
And show you my weak side
What would you do?

INTJ's overcome him/herself, confessed (what a miracle) and the response was negative: Destiny's Child Survivor

You thought that I'd be weak without you
But I'm stronger
You thought that I'd be broke without you
But I'm richer
You thought that I'd be sad without you
I laugh harder
You thought I wouldn't grow without you
Now I'm wiser
Though that I'd be helpless without you
But I'm smarter

I wish there was a favorite button. I would push it for this post.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
24exlkm.png

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
see the thread "INTJ Tertiary Fi".

Last edited: