• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP jobs

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP Jobs

It's a cute article with some interesting advice. The same author also has profiled other types.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I love ENFPs with all my heart :wubbie:, but I am concerned; isn't this thread an oxymoron?

:shock:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:alttongue: Read the damned article, and you might understand.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
:alttongue: Read the damned article, and you might understand.

I did.

Then I read the 'favoured jobs' list.

Article said:
special education
Article said:
religiously oriented occupations
Article said:
computer professional

I'm like dude... these are jobs and how is a computer professional remotely 'ENFP' suited?

Okay, I won't trash the article any further; it does have some good tips for ENFPs even if the boundary conditions are wacko.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, i think we even have ENFPs on here that are employed in the computer sector, so it's not that out there.

I'm also wondering what you'd list as suited for ENFPs. *innocent look*

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I'm also wondering what you'd list as suited for ENFPs. *innocent look*

Jobs which are fun or involve elements of psychology - then again I'm probably biased and would give all the fun jobs to ENFPs.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agentfurrina has her own software company i believe...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jobs which are fun or involve elements of psychology - then again I'm probably biased and would give all the fun jobs to ENFPs.

I'm all for this! :D

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Agentfurrina has her own software company i believe...

Indeed; she clearly bucks the ENFP willpower trend and with her awesomeness she can probably bend reality to summon NTs to get things done for half the price and at double the speed of her competitors!

ENFP power!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeah. theoretically i would love to be a journalist, if i could just cover human rights issues or new scientific discoveries or something. that'd be cool.

props to agentfurrina too, that's awesome.

Jobs that fit best the ENFP personality type are those that require
INCLINATION: communication with, helpful fostering of the growth of others
INCLINATION: an enthusiastic and energetic approach to situations and people
SKILL: innovative and perceptive problem solving

:yes:

i'm trying to decide what career path to take right now... can i just say that ENFP and enneagram 3 is a terrible, confusing combination

thanks for the article satine :)

i'd be curious to hear ENFP jobs that worked out really well.

i've enjoyed being a florist and tutor part-time, though i can't see either of those as a career. at one point i thought i would go into graphic design. all things seemed to point to it. and then i discovered... that i hated doing artwork as a job.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say a good list of ENFP jobs are:
Psychologist/Councilor
Author
Actor
Singer :headphne:
Entrepreneur $$$$$$$$$
Executive :coffee:
Assassin :ninja:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have been considering Psychiatric Nursing... any ENFP/INFP in this profession?

How do you think an NFP would do in this job?

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
I'z an enfp that works with computers. I find it ideal. I find the work load odd. But I like the creativity and the project orientation and flexibility.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm a "computer professional." I have been designing and writing software for about 15 years now.

I really enjoy it but I don't like just working with the computer all day. I work my best in a team setting and my coworkers always tell me I have a way of explaining things to them that helps them understand everything better. I feel like I make everyone around me better and I don't even recognize that there is "a box" most of the time so I can come up with some pretty good unconstrained ideas. When I have to I can just put my head down and crank out some code but it drains me after a while. I like to be in contact with others and bouncing ideas around. Right now at work my team is me, an ISFP, an INTJ, and INFP, and an ISTJ. I think we work really well together and get a lot of cool stuff accomplished. The INFP guy is older and more experienced than me and the two of us have brought about some pretty interesting changes in a culture that was previously extremely resistant to change.

The parts that give me trouble are when people want to pin me down on how long something is going to take or are completely inflexible about arbitrary deadlines. :\

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Teacher would be my 2nd choice career and I see it on the list too. My wife tells me she could totally see me as a counselor but I think it might consume me.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a "computer professional." I have been designing and writing software for about 15 years now.

oh yay! a fellow ENFP techie. (-)3ll0 :]

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'z an enfp that works with computers. I find it ideal. I find the work load odd. But I like the creativity and the project orientation and flexibility.

oh you, too! gosh. lovely to see a few of us 'round these parts. anyone going to sxsw?