• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP vs. ENTP

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also, do any other ENFPs feel like while you have a lot of friends, even a lot of close friends, very few really see the whole picture?
I've never had a friend who's seen "the whole picture", and my close friends have only been able to see a lot of small parts of me.

I do not have a lot of friends.

I have one close friend, and one close sister.

Come to think of it, I don't really have friends.

I'm constantly understanding others who constantly fail to understand me.

Much sadness and loneliness, I dream of finding someone equally, or more amazing than me, myself and I.

If it weren't for certain writers, poets, lyricists, philosophers, playwrights, I would have killed myself from existential loneliness/depression years ago.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I've never had a friend who's seen "the whole picture", and my close friends have only been able to see a lot of small parts of me.

I have one close friend, and once close sister.

Once close sister?! ;) --Edit: err unless that wasn't an error...but I recall you mention you talked to your sis recently...so....er I hope I'm not wrong. =/ (Talk about Fe panic---:doh: )

Much sadness and loneliness, I dream of finding someone equally, or more amazing than me, myself and I.

If it weren't for certain writers, poets, lyricists, philosophers, playwrights, I would have killed myself from existential loneliness/depression years ago.

CC, we mindlinked! One close friend and one (only) close sister...and all the rest, I...sadly...agree with.. but here's where we might differ, though I think you just omitted, I also take humour in and from all the foils and beauties humanity offers!

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP

I have one close friend, and once close sister.

Oh. I am sorry :( . I can largely relate to the misunderstanding...the most you can hope for a lot of times is when they admit that they don't understand you...it's like at least you know they were trying.

You'll find some eventually though, and it's really cool...they'll say one thing about something they know about you where they really get it and you never told anyone...like what you are able to do to other people...and it will put a smile on your face for the rest of the day!

Somewhat related, I always have problems with people who see me in a fun enviornment never wanting to give me any responsibility, and people who know me from a responsible enviornment asking me what kinds of drugs I've been taking when we go do something fun...

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ

Frankly I'm pretty shocked by this. I do not mean to sound disrespectful as I'm not but, from my very first day on this site, you have seemed to me like you don't want friends. In fact, you've sounded like you hold nothing but disdain for all but the very few. I'm really quite puzzled but....:hug:

heart

heart on fire

When I am feeling like this, I tend to assume the fault is within me, that I cannot find the right words to make others understand me, the right way to express myself outwards to attract like minds to myself. I keep searching for kindred spirits and when I find one, the pleasure of it is indescribable.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My sister, (not the one I am close with) just sent me this email. She is strange, and this view on "true friendship", I find odd/interesting. I wonder what type she is, besides C_NT?

DD, your insight in particular would be appreciated!!!

'True' Friendship

None of that Sissy Crap

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know that you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you are scared -- I will bug you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end 'Why?' you may ask; 'because you are my friend'.

Remember: A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel...

Send this to 10 of your closest friends, then get depressed because you can only think of 4.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Monkey-typing.jpg

heart

heart on fire
Being willing to take care of someone you care about or keep them company when they are sick is now considered "sissy"?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^ Don't worry heart, it's the ironic way kids talk these days. ;)

Everyone who'se asked why ENFP's can't open up more said:

I think there have been a lot of questions about this, and I think it boils down to seeing so much drama and meaning and importance in everything around us and not being able to intellectually filter it so much as consantly feel like a vessel that all this stuff passes through -- we get waves and waves of stuff and just get a little...tripped up sorting and expressing our own stuff?

Also, I think we take life very seriously, which also means finding a lot of joy and a need to light the dark, wrong rights, etc. and we're also very sensitive, I think we regard our own feelings the way we regard other people's "true selves" with a kind of respect...it's almost sacred and powerful (?) -- so just sharing that with anyone just seems so gauche and cheapening and moreover invasive. We have to feel extremely comfortable and trusting and 'authentic' in the moment to open up like that.

I think also ENFPs are very good at understanding people, which means you know how weak and also how cruel people can be (intentionally or not) and you're just paranoid in general 'cause of all that Ne and Te and Fi unfiltered by 'reality' (Se/Si) so you want to protect yourself. Also, I just hate being cheesy. :thelook: I'm serious.

The thing is I think ENFPs are very authentic in that we are always ourselves, but we just reserve certain authentic levels of ourself for when we feel safe.

Or maybe that's just me.

Also, I think ENFP really has a rare ability to go deep, down, down, dooooown 'the rabbit hole' (man, I keep using that term) and follow people wherever they go, even random strangers. I'm sure it can seem alarming, baffling, or just stupid to some other types. I know for me, my ego can dissolve with someone else's like that:snap: Yeah, that seriously does necessitate therapy. So I do protect myself...but dammit, you still want to get close to people! Why???? Why???

Hahhahaha! (I was imagining Nancy Kerrigan just then...I know don't look at me like that)

Edit:

I wrote a bunch more stuff but 1) long posts are a drag and 2) I dont' feel like going down any rabbit holes right now, thank you and 3)mommy, my brain doesn't feel too good.

So g'nite and it'll be fun to revist this thread tomorrow.

Last edited:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
A principle desire of mine that defines me well:

I would much rather be a smaller fish in a larger pond, than be a larger fish in a small pond.

Any other ENFPs feel this way too?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
^^ Don't worry heart, it's the ironic way kids talk these days. ;)

I think there have been a lot of questions about this, and I think it boils down to seeing so much drama and meaning and importance in everything around us and not being able to intellectually filter it so much as consantly feel like a vessel that all this stuff passes through -- we just get a little...tripped up sorting and expressing ourselves?

Also, I think we take life very seriously, which also means finding a lot of joy and a need to light the dark, wrong rights, etc. and we're also very sensitive, I think we regard our own feelings the way we regard other people's "true selves" with a kind of respect...it's almost sacred -- so just sharing that with anyone just seems so gauche and cheapening. We have to feel extremely comfortable and trusting and 'authentic' in the moment to open up like that.

I think also ENFPs are very good at understanding people, which means you know how weak and also how cruel people can be (intentionally or not) and you're just paranoid in general 'cause of all that Ne and Te and Fi unfiltered by 'reality' (Se/Si) so you want to protect yourself.

The thing is I think ENFPs are very authentic in that we are always ourselves, but we just reserve certain authentic levels of ourself for when we feel safe.

Or maybe that's just me.

I think another ENFP member, Targo, said that ENFP is the most introverted of the extrovert types. It totally fits!

I had other connect the Ne dots kind of things to say, but CzeCze is sleepy after spending all day writing her stupid case law...study...method...case.... thing.

I totally agree..

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Being willing to take care of someone you care about or keep them company when they are sick is now considered "sissy"?

my idea of real friendship is not the people who are "nice" but those who keep each other on their feet and their eyes looking forward

although sympathy is the most comfortable response, it isn't often the most healthy.

as fucked up as it sounds, it's the people i respect and care for the most that get the most unfriendly side of my disposition at times. life is tough for people sometimes and i dont think setting an example of weakness is helpful during those times.

Or maybe that's just me.

im a bit confused by this. isn't your "most authentic level" the same thing as your true self? if not, what does it mean to be "yourself" but not your most authentic self?

two possible definitions of "being yourself" come to mind... the first is more commonly used, and that is to simply make no effort to act as if you're something you're not. the other is to be a perfect reflection of your inner thoughts and feelings. is it even possible for someone to do that perfectly or do you think that it is inevitable that everyone will fail to express something that occurs to their internal world?

although i have no problem "being myself" in the classical sense of the phrase, i seem to struggle to find the energy to express my inner world outwardly to the full extent that im aware of it. the times i bare it in its raw form usually end up in confusion, anger, tears... more or less a trail of destruction that i have a hard time justifying

im interested in hearing your thoughts regarding this...

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
A principle desire of mine that defines me well:

I would much rather be a smaller fish in a larger pond, than be a larger fish in a small pond.

Any other ENFPs feel this way too?

Yes, I do. The possibilities are endless in the larger pond.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Human beings are animals.

Women have boobs. (a very silly word btw)

Boobsmotivation.jpg

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I've been so long in posting this even though I've had for a long time..other threads Atheisiawere better able to hold my focus!.... Gah! :blush:
I wonder what type she is, besides C_NT?

kek

DD, your insight in particular would be appreciated!!!

Ah, I-Ni fear I've been set up for failure... Well, here goes! It was made by an NT or SP...JK! NF all the way! :ninja:

'True' Friendship
None of that Sissy Crap

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

Joking aside, those "friendships" never come close to reality because it's people who choose to create that kind of reality. You may create one way but it can conflict with your "friends'" reality. Find those see things as you do and you're more likely to view the same reality. I don't mean being the same or similar either. You can be as opposite as you please (my ISTP best/f and I are like opposite ends of the spectrum yet my INTJ sis is very much the middle of us. We all get along wonderously and even should one of us clash or we all clash, we understand what went wrong. Who needs the space or the comfort or who needs to be pushed etc.

It's about accepting all the problems, even when we act like asses to each other because we're acting out of hurt/anger, and looking into/through them. Not past. We own our behaviours and for the most part we all do. We're all at differing levels, however, so there are differences as to who's quicker to own up etc. There is Tough Love, Soft Love w/e other cliche crap is out there. We know what works and for whom. And be sure, we rarely ever clash. I speak of all the years we've known each other.

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

Not get drunk, or not yet, but drunk on revenge. Plots and ploys and all kinds of fun. But is it real? Nope. It's venting. (Unless it is for real...but that's more objectively created schemes. Such as when I helped my best/f by writing out her grievences all night over a corrupted Supervisor (whom I blew up before and was the first person at work. And then she after me. Other people cower to say shit but gossipe behind his back--). So, I crafted her speech, her points, helped her to CALM HERSELF (b/c she can blow up at STUPIDITY or at least resort to mocking when hearing ill logic. BS--) and told her what I knew of each person who'd attend the meeting and how they'd behave(I've worked there years, she about 6 months). Told her how the 'visor would re/act, to watch for what clues, and know when to STRIKE. She won-- But I still told her that it's unlikely he'll get fired any time soon. I told her he'd 180 on her by kissing her ass b/c he did the same to me-- -and he did, HA.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know that you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

:devil:

4. When you are scared -- I will bug you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

:rofl1: My best/f actually says this to people when they're physically sick. She'll call you a walking disease and that she doesn't want to be infected. But she'll be saying this to my face as I'm coughing in hers (mouth covered, mind). She's not serious, no matter how much of a captial b she tries to be (and she IS or can B with others, w/o care but within reason..but well not always...:doh: She's my Fe nightmare -.-')

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end 'Why?' you may ask; 'because you are my friend'.

Remember: A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel...

Okay. I'm cheating and have skipped most. :ninja: But it's basically the same. It's the use humour, wry or dry or snappy, to snap your friend out of. Why not? I'd just aim for balance (as I do) with Tough Love and Soft Love or w/e -.- *insert yawn*

Send this to 10 of your closest friends, then get depressed because you can only think of 4.

I won't get depressed. I know I have 2. That's perfectly fine because I've accepted them and they to me. CC, I hope you managed to grab a bone or two. Funny or just interesting ones... G'night now!

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
huh? i don't understand...why, or what do you mean? (but, for the record, I'd vote Ocean, because then you have waves, which are cool, and pretty girls tan next to you)

By being the element I can reach everyone within, they can flip-flop surprise me as they all rest within my psyche. I can ride'em out or through or over as I become aware of all the fishies swimming about. I can't be fully aware (conscious) of us all, or I halfway submerge (subconsciously) but to fully experience I submerge really deeply (unconscious) and finding their mating grounds and eggies...and surface again (self-consciously!) :D

Ocean, yes!

G'night now for real this time. I hope... Oh crap, I'm turning into someone I know -___-