• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP vs. ENTP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, lots of NFPs get both excited and terrified of my Fi. You are right to note how it performs when Te and Fi sit in a precarious balance however without a particularly strong preference. It can be very intimidating to people when you move the immovable object INTJ-Fi right up to them and say 'This is me, I'm not budging, live with it' in a perfectly calm tone.

it is Te that brings the idealistic, passionate convictions of Fi to the surface. Te allows ENFPs and INTJs to act on those convictions, which grow stronger the more they are acted upon.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
it is Te that brings the idealistic, passionate convictions of Fi to the surface. Te allows ENFPs and INTJs to act on those convictions, which grow stronger the more they are acted upon.

I agree entirely. Thus NFP, not NTP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeed, they are.

NFPs and NTPs are more alike on the surface, but once you get to know them in person, it's clear that they are quite different personalities. NTJs and NFPs are the opposite. they don't look anything alike to the casual viewer, but once you get to know them, they're quite similar on the inside.
PS: I was never really considering NTP, I was hear initially to post some videos of a guy on youtube whom I couldn't decide between ENTP or ENFP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's cause Fi is icky and we don't want to get the ickiness on our hands :(

I would say Fe would fit the visual description you've just mentioned better. it's mushy and oozes everywhere and gets all over everyone's hands, even if it is soft and warm and somewhat pleasant at times. Fi is more formal and more respectful of personal bounderies. it's more like a fire that you might want to move away from your body if you're the type that is uncomfortable with it

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, lots of NFPs get both excited and terrified of my Fi. You are right to note how it performs when Te and Fi sit in a precarious balance however without a particularly strong preference. It can be very intimidating to people when you move the immovable object INTJ-Fi right up to them and say 'This is me, I'm not budging, live with it' in a perfectly calm tone. It's interesting when ENFPs realise they can access that aspect of themselves; flip out of the unstoppable force into the immovable object; its a good way to clean the sanity and sanctity of the mind and the ego.

I have never seen an ENTP repeat this feat.

this is interesting, I used to think all NFPs were like this, but if this is indeed the combination of Fi/Te then it would explain why less NFPs have it than I would expect. I see a lot of parellels with the Fi/Te combination and opera
- dramatic
- fiery
- visceral energy starting from the gut and emnating out of the eyes and the back of the skull
- at the same time, perfectly controlled
- focused
- artistic
- convicted
- authoritative
my voice teacher told me she was incredibly surprised by my intuitive grasp of classical singing, but i think it's because the energy of Fi/Te is so similar to the kind present in classical vocal music

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
That's cause Fi is icky and we don't want to get the ickiness on our hands :(

Only for ENTPs and ESTPs, proving yet again their self serving, socialite tendencies. :p Fe *urgggh* *vomits* Stop the internet I want to get off this Fe nightmare.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would say Fe would fit the visual description you've just mentioned better. it's mushy and oozes everywhere and gets all over everyone's hands, even if it is soft and warm and somewhat pleasant at times. Fi is more formal and more respectful of personal bounderies. it's more like a fire that you might want to move away from your body if you're the type that is uncomfortable with it

My subjective perspective says icky.

Only for ENTPs and ESTPs, proving yet again their self serving, socialite tendencies. :p Fe *urgggh* *vomits* Stop the internet I want to get off this Fe nightmare.

Oh stop it! *swashes hand* you and your ExTP boner!! Tsk-tsk.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I feel sorry for ENTPs, they get a visceral reaction from ENFPs for making the ENFPs have to Ti when they don't wanna; worse yet, they get whacked in the face by INTJs for attempting to include them in social Fe reasoning. Tease not the Fe-Ti PoLRs with your Fi PoLR. What a shame to lose out on the rational idealists and the catalysts.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you brought up (albeit less subtley lol) another point I was about to make. Fe/Ti combination creates a sort of politician/charmer sort of persona (think George Clooney or Bill Clinton) in stark contrast to the fiery revolutionary type of vibe that Fi/Te gives off (think Joan of Arc or Ayn Rand)
PS: I've noticed that these vibes are more intense if the Fi/Te user is a 1 or the Fe/Ti user is a 2 or a 3.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
you brought up (albeit less subtley lol) another point I was about to make. Fe/Ti combination creates a sort of politician/charmer sort of persona (think George Clooney or Bill Clinton) in stark contrast to the fiery revolutionary type of vibe that Fi/Te gives off (think Joan of Arc or Ayn Rand)
PS: I've noticed that these vibes are more intense if the Fi/Te user is a 1 or the Fe/Ti user is a 2 or a 3.

Most certainly, include the 6/7/8 types with 1. the 2/3/4/9s tend to be more compliant. 5 has a heavy preference for the top preferred judging function.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My subjective perspective says icky.
Oh stop it! *swashes hand* you and your ExTP boner!! Tsk-tsk.

I'm afraid I have the edge on you if that's the case. you see, the Ji functions (Fi and Ti) are the definition functions and Fi is function that works to define things subjectively in terms of vibes. your Ji function is an objective one and your Feeling function, Fe, is a decision function as opposed to a definition function
PS: I actually like ENTPs btw :hug:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I'm afraid I have the edge on you if that's the case. you see, the Ji functions (Fi and Ti) are the definition functions and Fi is function that works to define things subjectively in terms of vibes. your Ji function is an objective one and your Feeling function, Fe, is a decision function as opposed to a definition function
PS: I actually like ENTPs btw :hug:

Fixed.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most certainly, include the 6/7/8 types with 1. the 2/3/4/9s tend to be more compliant. 5 has a heavy preference for the top preferred judging function.

agreed. 7w8s can be pretty aggressive, as can cp 6s and especially 8s (8s are my favorite enneatype followed by a tie between 7w8 and 1w9)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you_96185820513558270000_Small.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

as it relate to our current topic, you should know that strong Te users aren't suceptable to emotional manipulation or guilty tripping in the way Fe users are.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned

No you aren't, drop it. This is an Fi thread through and through! We can smell what you are really feeling which is annoyed dejection. Would you like a hug to pander to your 'include me!! include me!!' sensibilities?

as it relate to our current topic, you should know that strong Te users aren't suceptable to emotional manipulation or guilty tripping in the way Fe users are.

This.