• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] When infp's take on neurotic ticks...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
...you brought into the relationship, like for example a tick like you cant fall asleep when you hear an analog clock ticking.

When they do that, does that prove they love you ? :)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I expect it is a sign of closeness at least. :)

Do you think it is conscious or unconscious?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hehe... a "tick"...

lol though, i think i tend to do that. for me it's conscious but somewhat unintended. because you know how people talk about stuff like that, it makes you notice things more and be bothered by them more. plus then there's the way it makes you happy-comfortable because it reminds you of the other person. that's basically how me, person who couldn't sleep unless there was some little prick of light around, has now gone to preferring things to be as pitch black as possible. so i personally would say yes, in answer to your question...

...but then, i am not INFP :)

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whaaa? :shock:

No...

I mean, I get ticks when I'm stressed, like facial ticks and nervous twitches and stuff, but me being annoyed at night by clocks is just me being someone who has trouble getting to sleep without medication to help me along...

Apparently I just don't know what you're asking though, because the others didn't see anything weird about it lol

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
More likely she never noticed it until you drew her attention to it, and now she can't not notice it. I can currently only sleep with earplugs in and an old shirt draped over my eyes. I suspect if I slept in a sensory-deprivation chamber just once I'd be unable to sleep anywhere else.

If an entp starts threads asking if his infp really loves him, does that mean he really loves her?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If an entp starts threads asking if his infp really loves him, does that mean he really loves her?

Naw, it just means he's data collecting for future experimentation. ;)

Entropie, sounds like you guys are doing that thing couples do where you take on each other's traits. To me, that's more about trusting and respecting the other person, combined with spending a great deal of time with them. I think the love is expressed when she recognizes that she's taking on your ticks, and is okay with it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thanks guys :)

You know to me this girl is a book with seven seals as you'ld say in german. We are very equal and we can communicate in ways so closely I'ld never thought possible for two strangers at all. She's very open-minded and has the ability to see the big picture what helps her understand the real meaning behind things and I love her for that.

Yet on an emotional level, she often does appear to be so super egoistic to me that I am even repelled. Everytime she does a thing I interpreted egoistical, I tell her and then she exaplains to me how she really thought while doing it so I see she didnt mean it egoistical. I am then tho sceptical if she isnt not only bending truth to make her look better.

I am definitly convinced she's egoistical at times I mean hello she's a woman :D. But we need to solve this issue between us and either I am too sensitive or she does know nothing about behaviour in society. I think we both need to learn a bit from each other, it's tho everytime I am engaged in Fe-mode she and me misunderstand each others. And I just dont think that is necessary.

When she wrote me that about the tick I felt loved by her; she wrote it to me in a sms on a day we slept seperatly [she was with her parents]. This was great, she said me often she loves me but when she wrote that in a sms I really felt something to.

With most people who were nerds in society so far I got around quite well, because they listened to me; but she's way too stubborn for that. It's a bit like Dharma and Greg if you know that show, I know I want to change a lot to understand her better, because I dont want to loose her; my greatest fear tho is that I will be the only one who does change and that she just makes me her peon she can do anything with -.-

I am trapped between giving up control (Ti) and changing my ways and customs to learn new (Si) aqnd these are two faculties I was never not the slightest bit good at in all my life..