• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Things that suck about being an N dom

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While it's true, we do have a number of fabulous qualities (high intelligence, easy grasp of theoretical concepts, unusual independence of mind etc) some things about being an N dom just suck. cases in point:
- struggling to stay focused on anything external
- feeling drained by doing anything that you don't thoroughly enjoy (I'm sure other types can sympathize with this one, but I feel like it's particularly apparent in N doms)
- you have all these wonderful theories and concepts, but implementing them is SO hard sometimes
- constantly missing details that end up being the death of you
- trouble doing anything consistantly (seriously, I have no idea how SJs do this)
- being constantly bothered by anything that you don't thoroughly understand, especially if it's something you have to do
- seldom being able to talk to anyone who isn't like :wtf: to everything you say
- not being able to be happy living a simple life. I feel like in general the ideal lifestyle of an N type is going to be much more expensive than an S type.
- needing absolute freedom in all areas of your life in order to be happy
- being clumsy and uncoordinated
- people misinterpreting everything you say (even other Ns a lot of the time)
- having to work much longer hours than you're comfortable with (again, I feel all the types can probably relate to this, but I feel like it has a bigger impact on N doms. correct me if you think I'm wrong)

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
I often envy others for their ability to live simple lives without much abstract thought or rule breaking. Then again, maybe they lack the facilities to do otherwise.

Lightyear

- not being able to be happy living a simple life. I feel like in general the ideal lifestyle of an N type is going to be much more expensive than an S type.

I agree with a lot of your points but am not sure about this one. I am not very materialistic and don't need a lot of things while my former ISFP boss just loved to spend, whatever money came into his account would be spent on all sorts of things because he wanted to "live the life" (including the best food, high quality clothes etc) I think it might be related to him having strong Se.

But I can definitely relate to your points of being easily bored and dissatisfied and having trouble putting this great N-vision into action.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One thing that sucks about being N dom is that you're prone to delusions. :) catch my drift

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
While it's true, we do have a number of fabulous qualities (high intelligence, easy grasp of theoretical concepts, unusual independence of mind etc) some things about being an N dom just suck. cases in point:

You must not be N dom then.

It only took 2 posts for this thread to devolve into the discussion of patronizing "faults." You guys are getting good at this!

One thing that sucks about being N dom is that you're prone to delusions. :)

:laugh:

O

Oberon

Being intellectually focused doesn't make you intelligent. There are plenty of Ns out there who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground (though they're frequently certain they're authorities on both asses and holes).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Why does it suck? I don't think it sucks to be me, than again my N is aux but it's not about them it's about you and you feeling comfortable in your own skin. you making the world work for you (i don't mean in a minion kind of way, I mean find something about the world worthwhile instead of focusing on the negatives)

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Being intellectually focused doesn't make you intelligent. There are plenty of Ns out there who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground (though they're frequently certain they're authorities on both asses and holes).

:rofl1:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Whatever sucks about being an N is completely made up for in my ability to manipulate and control literally everyone around me without them being aware of it.

I <3 Ne.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Getting so caught up in your ideas and stuff that you forget to eat/sleep/etc. And then you're like 'Shit....I need to eat/sleep/etc...but I don't have time for that!' :doh:

And the lack of attention span, but that could just be me. :shrug:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

yeah If I believed N's were intelligent because they were N's and I would be like I'm not N but S doesn't fit either I'm a nobody..... and it be disaterous I'd be force to wander the country side aimlessly for the rest of my life.

KDude

Whatever sucks about being an N is completely made up for in my ability to manipulate and control literally everyone around me without them being aware of it.

I <3 Ne.

I don't care about the moral implications of manipulation (at the moment), but you'd be more successful manipulating people as a Ni-Fe type imho. You're either that, or.. maybe I should tell you that INFJs and ENFJs can one up you on that. :newwink:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Getting so caught up in your ideas and stuff that you forget to eat/sleep/etc. And then you're like 'Shit....I need to eat/sleep/etc...but I don't have time for that!' :doh:

And the lack of attention span, but that could just be me. :shrug:

I think this one is the human condition.. Human beings have an incredible ability to focus and once they become entranced with something, they will ignore all sorts of things.. I am positive S and N play little role in things.. Now maybe N's are more prone to daydreaming and not getting other stuff done or wasting time.

I don't care about the moral implications of manipulation (at the moment), but you'd be more successful manipulating people as a Ni-Fe type imho. You're either that, or.. maybe I should tell you that INFJs and ENFJs can one up you on that. :newwink:

She knows this already.. Otherwise she'd be getting her way with her ENFJ ;)

The only thing that sucks about being an N is that people sometimes want explanations..

rav3n

I also envy sensors their ease in relating to the larger sensor population. Growing up in a large family full of sensors was so frustrating.

G

Glycerine

AGREED. There clearly is a difference between intellect and intelligence.

I also envy sensors their ease in relating to the larger sensor population. Growing up in a large family full of sensors was so frustrating.
For sure. It's gets frustrating to be slightly looked down upon because one is "eccentric" compared to the general public.

G

Glycerine

- struggling to stay focused on anything external
- feeling drained by doing anything that you don't thoroughly enjoy (I'm sure other types can sympathize with this one, but I feel like it's particularly apparent in N doms)
- you have all these wonderful theories and concepts, but implementing them is SO hard sometimes
- constantly missing details that end up being the death of you
- trouble doing anything consistantly (seriously, I have no idea how SJs do this)
- being constantly bothered by anything that you don't thoroughly understand, especially if it's something you have to do
- seldom being able to talk to anyone who isn't like :wtf: to everything you say
- needing absolute freedom in all areas of your life in order to be happy
- being clumsy and uncoordinated
- people misinterpreting everything you say (even other Ns a lot of the time)
- having to work much longer hours than you're comfortable with (again, I feel all the types can probably relate to this, but I feel like it has a bigger impact on N doms. correct me if you think I'm wrong)

I would say anyone who is considered odd compared to the average.... it's not a type thing. If one gets to know anyone long enough, you get to see their quirks (some people are just better at hiding them.... not saying anything about mental illness). It's a miserable life to focus on those things because in the end, you are who you are.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Being surrounded by SJs who don't share my point of view.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
not much! ;)

in all honestly being a P bothers me a hell of a lot more than being an N dom.

though being an N is frustrating in that you are inclined to remove yourself from reality more than is really healthy or desirable. and you know this on some basic level, but it's terribly difficult to fight anyway.

G

Glycerine

As a borderline hypothetical eNFJ (really close to N dom), I struggle with relating to most people and the environment but not necessarily because of N but more because part of me couldn't care less about arbitrary social rules and discreetly fight against the status quo. I highly value "authenticity" and the social rules are constantly clashing against it.